[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make PIC code enterable with a keyboard

NickTheDragonNickTheDragon
Reactions: 410
Hello, I don't know if this has already been suggested, but can we please have the ability to enter our PIC code using our computer keyboards on Maplestory Character Login? It's rather annoying to click on every single digit and letter manually, when we could just type it.

I feel like this would be better than just having to mouse over every single part of the PIC keyboard, and having to click each and every one. Keyboards should be able to be used because its a lot easier, and it would most likely be easier for all other users as well.

Thank you for taking the time for reading this, if you decided to, and have a pleasant day.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2021
    The purpose of the PIC is to protect your account in case your computer is infected with a keylogger.
    A keylogger is a piece of malware that records what you type and sends it to the hacker, who then knows your password.
    But since you don't type the PIC, and don't even click in the exact same spot on the screen each time (some keyloggers also log mouseclicks), a keylogger can't record your PIC and the would-be hacker can't get into your account.

Clearly, allowing the PIC to be typed, would render it useless for that purpose, and therefore useless in general.
    NickTheDragon
  • jijijijijiji
    Reactions: 560
    edited February 2021
    Dayum i totally agree. What about pottable badge?
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited February 2021
    You don't want this. it's a security precaution.
  • NickTheDragonNickTheDragon
    Reactions: 410
    edited February 2021
    AKradian wrote: »
    The purpose of the PIC is to protect your account in case your computer is infected with a keylogger.
    A keylogger is a piece of malware that records what you type and sends it to the hacker, who then knows your password.
    But since you don't type the PIC, and don't even click in the exact same spot on the screen each time (some keyloggers also log mouseclicks), a keylogger can't record your PIC and the would-be hacker can't get into your account.

Clearly, allowing the PIC to be typed, would render it useless for that purpose, and therefore useless in general.

That's a good logical explanation actually. I just think its annoying to have to click every single thing for the PIC, and I'd think that other players would say so too. Probably not a majority though. But aside from that, that's was a good logical explanation to the PIC security code. Have a good day Akradian.
  • KungfuheeroKungfuheero
    Reactions: 920
    edited February 2021
    Doesn't take much time to log in so long as I am secured.
  • LumikeenLumikeen
    Reactions: 700
    edited March 2021
    as annoying it can be it protects our precious characters. i reccomend just making a PIC thats easy for you to enter with a mouse