[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In game censorship.

Win4WinWin4Win
Reactions: 950
edited March 2021 in General Chat
Hello Maplers,

I was wondering if there was a way to remove in game censorship. The current ingame censorship isn't really good as it censors "what feels like random characters".
Even then, I'm now an adult and I'm okay playing a game with an uncensored filter, or at least client side only.

I don't like seeing my sentences like this.
I do*****ke se***g m* senten*** l**e this.

Your fellow Mapler
Wesleyx3JettLuvsU

Comments

• Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited March 2021
    I would really prefer if there was an opt-in option. It would be enabled by default but, at least you could disable the filter altogether.
    Fuhreak
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited March 2021
    pls get rid of censorship or let us de activate, its so annoying and makes no sense, this isnt a kids game anymore i believe most ppl playing this game are 16+
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited March 2021
    They would rather nerf progression
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited March 2021
    It's called the "Scunthorpe Problem", and Maple Story is far from the only online game that has it.

Ironically, some games have profanity filters that can even be worse, like turning "hello" into "hecko" or "teaspoon" into "teasfecesn" , or even "cl***" instead of "class" (***uming, of course, that the filter doesn't outright censor the whole message and automatically ban you from the board)
    Wesleyx3