[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GMS statement on cube tier up, lines, and general

LæfyLæfy
Reactions: 1,110
edited March 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
In regard of the recent revelation of the loose use of terminology such as "random" and the false expectations and skepticism this has caused from the players in RNG systems in MapleStory, we, as a GMS community, expect the same level of transparency that KMS has recently come forth with, and therefore we would like to see:

Tier up rates for cubes.

Line weighting for cubes.

Familiar line weighting probability.

Familiar Red Card tier up rates.

An updated justification for the current restrictions on of why certain lines cannot appear multiple times in a cube.

EDIT: Scroll probabilities.

In addition, as a further way to appease and regain the players' trust in GMS specifically, there are several loose ends in regards to non-KMS exclusive content that we expect an official statements on:

Existence of unobtainable Badges with Potential predating the removal of Singapore.

Difficulty change of obtaining the same Gollux Accessories.

Reasoning for the in-existence of Red Familiar cards in Reboot Worlds.

Reasoning for some maps not having Familiar cards drop.

EDIT 2: In-existence of the Maple M legion piece the same way KMS has it.

In general, when non-KMS content is added, changed, or removed, we as players expect a statement on why it is being done, the ramifications and most importantly what is being done to address these ramifications.

Lastly, we expect GMS to deliver on the promise of giving players more ways to get Wild totems and Maple Tour entry tickets.

Regards,

A GMS MapleStory Player

To Reddit: Before everyone goes ballistic that I'm not asking or mentioning the KMS compensation, if people don't speak out with what's wrong with the current state and ask for the compensation just because won't get us anywhere. If anything feel free to use this as a basis for justification on why we expect this or other compensation.

EDIT 2: It just occurred to me that the Maple M legion piece doesn't exist in GMS and we have no idea why (do we?).

Copied and Pasted from Reddit User u/Mastahiro
https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/m32tn1/gms_statement_on_cube_tier_up_lines_and_general/

Doing this because apparently, some people in Nexon don't seem to realize how big reddit/r/maplestory is, and apparently, we are treated like we don't exist so here u go
MastahiroProphetieVenusVS

Comments

• MastahiroMastahiro
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited March 2021
    I had also made a forum post regarding the issue, I ofc have no problem with people making their own posts if they feel strongly about the issues too
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited March 2021
    Thank you, you worded it better than I ever could
    I want answers ever since they said they'd add Totems and Maple Tour tickets to events but ended never following up
    The silence around Red Cards on Reboot despite an AMA post and a hundred posts mentioning it seriously bugs me
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited March 2021
    In regard of the recent revelation of the loose use of terminology such as "random" and the false expectations and skepticism this has caused from the players in RNG systems in MapleStory, we, as a GMS community, expect the same level of transparency that KMS has recently come forth with, and therefore we would like to see:

Tier up rates for cubes.

Line weighting for cubes.

Familiar line weighting probability.

Familiar Red Card tier up rates.

An updated justification for the current restrictions on of why certain lines cannot appear multiple times in a cube.

Scroll probabilities.

EDIT: Starforce probabilities.

EDIT: Flame probabilities.

EDIT: Drop rate probabilities for relevant bosses (reboot/non-reboot).

In addition, as a further way to appease and regain the players' trust in GMS specifically, there are several loose ends in regards to non-KMS exclusive content that we expect an official statements on:

Existence of unobtainable Badges with Potential predating the removal of Singapore.

Difficulty change of obtaining the same Gollux Accessories.

Reasoning for the in-existence of Red Familiar cards in Reboot Worlds.

Reasoning for some maps not having Familiar cards drop.

In-existence of the Maple M legion piece the same way KMS has it.

EDIT: Dark lords of darkness.

EDIT: Mechanical hearts.

EDIT: Lab server.

In general, when non-KMS content is added, changed, or removed, we as players expect a statement on why it is being done, the ramifications and most importantly what is being done to address these ramifications.

Lastly, we expect GMS to deliver on the promise of giving players more ways to get Wild totems and Maple Tour entry tickets.

Regards,

A GMS MapleStory Player

To Reddit: Before everyone goes ballistic that I'm not asking or mentioning the KMS compensation, if people don't speak out with what's wrong with the current state and ask for the compensation just because won't get us anywhere. If anything feel free to use this as a basis for justification on why we expect this or other compensation.

It just occurred to me that the Maple M legion piece doesn't exist in GMS and we have no idea why (do we?).

Copied and Pasted from Forum user LÆFY
    https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/30512/gms-statement-on-cube-tier-up-lines-and-general

Doing this because apparently, some people in Nexon don't seem to realize how big reddit/r/maplestory is, and apparently, we are treated like we don't exist so here u go

EDIT:
    The original statement from forum user Mastahiro
    https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/30504/gms-statement-cube-rates-and-general-transparency#latest

Added some important subjects to the list of RNG systems.
    Starforce
    Flames
    Boss drop rates

Added some important subjects to the list of non-KMS exclusive content.
    Best in slot dark totems
    Event legion block (lab server)
    Best in slot (reboot only) android heart (mechanical hearts)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2021

Please don't spam the forums; one thread is enough and making duplicate threads that are direct copy-pastes of other threads is not going to get a response faster.
  • 7DayShift7DayShift
    Reactions: 110
    Neospector wrote: »

Please don't spam the forums; one thread is enough and making duplicate threads that are direct copy-pastes of other threads is not going to get a response faster.

by getting a response faster I assume you mean never. I am gonna go with never
    WONDERGUY