[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cash Shop Inventory - Share with ALL

OssyranaOssyrana
Reactions: 710
Right now cash items are character bound instead of account bound or even not bound at all. I personally feel this should change.

It feels really unfair, unnecessary, & inconvenient to only let our characters share costumes with their same race or class type. Recently I consumed usage of a costume on the wrong character before bed, when I was tired and not thinking clearly. I thought I had contemplated it long enough (by previewing things through the maplestory simulator), but then realized too late it should've gone to my Hayato (my main) and there were a bunch of reasons why it was just totally the wrong choice for the character I gave it to (my Adele). I know I should've just been more patient and waited til morning, but that's the thing - we shouldn't have to feel so cautious like "Do I really want this on this character - am I 100% certain?!" Those feelings can change, and as artists and designers, we should be able to flip things around if we realize in hindsight that it doesn't actually fit our vision the way we thought it would. In that moment, I was desperate for my Adele to have something to just not make her ugly anymore lol, and I felt bad that I was giving all my favorite outfits to my Hayato and hadn't been sharin' the love with my other characters so they could look good too... but afterwards, it just came down to the fact that everything looks too damn good on my Hayato lmao and I needed to find something else for my Adele that describes her personality and backstory more appropriately. If only the outfits weren't permanently stuck on our characters once we use them, I could log on with my Adele to trade it with a friend to then trade it back to me on my Hayato.

But let's take it a step even further... Why not forgo the process of requiring a trusted friend to help trade it amongst our own characters? Why not make the cash shop inventory accessible to all characters, no matter their race or class? Heck - even gender! There have been male things I really wish my females could wear and vise versa. I have a Demon Slayer that I chose to have be a guy simply because I liked the hairstyle better and it's so damn hard to get the hairstyles we truly want in this game without having to deal with RNG. I just wanna design the way I want to design without having to pine and strive and lose my wallet in the process. But that's whole other conversation - the less RNG the better (you'd have me buying so many hairstyles & faces if the VIP ones could also guarantee that I get the one of my choice - also I miss having to go to a place to have it done so the town feels more real and the buildings have a role and purpose and reason to go inside them and feel like we're living there). Point is... some gender faces or hairstyles or clothing can look perfectly awesome on the opposite gender and don't even necessarily look like they should be gender locked but frankly look very universal.

I also personally feel that even if we use a costume, we should be able to trade it back on the auction house if later we regret our decision of buying it in the first place and no longer want it and could deeply use the mesos for something else - something better and more fitting that we'd be happier with. We aren't given the choice to preview things in the auction house. We aren't even able to preview things on our Android in the cash shop where it's allowed on our character. So having a preview option on any item in the auction house would be amazing. Being able to contact the seller would also be super awesome so that we could personally bargain. But even if we were able to preview things, there's still the chance that we may decide later on that it wasn't that great of an item or deal and didn't make us happy and ended up being a waste of space and mesos spent. Plus it gives someone else a chance to maybe have the thing they wanted. One person's trash is usually always someone else's treasure.

Another thing about the cash shop that bothers me is that they have so many awesome costumes but they all only last for 90 days. Anytime something is impermanent like that, it's not worth it to me, because I would never be able to actually keep it. It'd just be like renting/borrowing. I've wanted that beautiful striped sweater called the Rainbow Knitted Top since around 2006... and finally someone lucked out in getting one from a loot box that dropped a permanent one - (s)he kept listing it throughout all of February for 5bil... but by then end, I wasn't able to make enough mesos and someone bought it. No one told me I could convert maple points into mesos (by buying NX PrePaid Cash via Karma Koin to then use it on Maple Points in the Cash Shop, and then trade them for mesos at the Free Market in Henesys), and if only I had known, I would've finally been able to guarantee buy that sweater and keep it forever! So my proposition is to at least every once in a while, have a sale day on the cash shop where all the items under outfits and weapons etc are permanent. I just have to have it... it's so "me."

As a last note... I really wish there was a catalogue that had every single aesthetic thing that has ever existed in game. And we should be able to preview all the things on our characters and create a Wish List (with no limit). And the wish lists will be sent to the game makers to let them know what things their customers are desiring and asking for and hoping desperately will come back. Maybe each item can even have information letting us know when they may return to the game - like if they're seasonal for instance. Obviously it would be idealistic if everything was available at our finger tips just any time we wanted. As an artist, that'd be my dream come true so I could just play around with everything whenever I want without having to worry if I may not be able to have something crucial to my design. But these are at least things that could potentially be doable if getting rid of the element of surprise and anticipation isn't possible. I understand that's a big part of games, trying to make their customers buy irrationally because there's a worry of "What if it never comes back?" - but that's a tactic I don't personally agree with, because I feel people will still buy things so long as the content is of true value and really hits home as something they want and thus it shouldn't matter if there's a flashing sign saying "Quick or it'll be gone!" And this allows people to buy when they can and feel like it. When it's right for them to. AND - we can PLAN and think ahead better if we know something will always be there 'cause then we can save up for it and put money aside! Have a money jar just for maple story expenditures xD

Love the game. Just some feedback to make it more enjoyable when craving an unconfined outlet for my creativity.

Comments

• UnemployedUnemployed
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited March 2021
    Nothing can be done about the CS Inventory, it's the way its designed in KMS and GMS will not make changes on their own as they copy the patch notes of KMS.

However, I think giving us Cash Inventory Transfer Event only ONCE A YEAR is a little excessive! In 2018 we got the event 3 times a year.
    Atleast give us the event every 6 months. Waiting a whole year to transfer outfits makes me feel like the Nexon Team doesn't give a crap about us players.

So yes, make Cash Inventory Transfer Events more frequent please.
    FuhreakLetterBee
  • OssyranaOssyrana
    Reactions: 710
    edited March 2021
    Unemployed wrote: »
    I think giving us Cash Inventory Transfer Event only ONCE A YEAR is a little excessive! In 2018 we got the event 3 times a year. Atleast give us the event every 6 months. Waiting a whole year to transfer outfits makes me feel like the Nexon Team doesn't give a crap about us players. So yes, make Cash Inventory Transfer Events more frequent please.

Ohhh they've already done something similar where they allow us to transfer cash items freely? I didn't even know that they already do it once a year. Around what time is it typically?

Good to hear there's some hope... but yeah, I totally agree it should be more frequent.