[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Recent 3 day bans

KezrauxKezraux
Reactions: 1,095
edited March 2021 in General Chat
Hello,

I am one of the many recent victims of a 3 day temporary ban for "violating the terms of service through inappropriate chat conduct."

Considering these short temporary bans have never happened in this frequency before, clearly something was changed that we are not aware of. And on top of that, whoever or whatever reviews player reports is doing it poorly. When I submitted a ticket to ask why I was banned, they told me it was for the "harassment of one or more users." I have never said anything to anyone in game in the past five years that could be characterized as harassment. This is the first time in my 10 years of playing that I have ever had any kind of restriction placed on my account.

Because of this, I cannot launch the game anymore without being ridiculously paranoid that my account will have been banned again without proper reason. Whatever garbage was added to the system that detects profanity needs to be changed immediately. Whenever I play Maple now I am living in fear that some random person can report me and then subsequently get me banned just because the automated system only has half the intelligence of a sweet potato.
UnemployedBostonGeorge

Comments

• PetiePetie
    Reactions: 200
    Exactly, a friend and I got banned around the same time due to the same reason. I do not say much to people on maple because I am on discord most of the time and on to do events. I wish nexon were to provide us a general comment as to what we said that offended someone so bad to the point it resulted in a temp. ban. I suggest they issue a warning instead of a ban because people work hard on events and it really turns people down when they use such ineffective negative reinforcement towards behavior people are not aware of being inappropriate.
  • OhGodWhyMEOhGodWhyME
    Reactions: 555
    edited March 2021
    https://reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/m6gy9m/gm_confirmed_players_with_inappropriate_chat/gr654l0/

They're following up on player reports and as the GM in the post stated, none of these are autobans.

Maybe you should think twice before you say something stupid on a megaphone.
    BostonGeorge
  • BostonGeorgeBostonGeorge
    Reactions: 830
    edited March 2021
    Yea like Holly my hold nutz TM
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited March 2021
    Kezraux wrote: »
    Hello,

I am one of the many recent victims of a 3 day temporary ban for "violating the terms of service through inappropriate chat conduct."

Considering these short temporary bans have never happened in this frequency before, clearly something was changed that we are not aware of. And on top of that, whoever or whatever reviews player reports is doing it poorly. When I submitted a ticket to ask why I was banned, they told me it was for the "harassment of one or more users." I have never said anything to anyone in game in the past five years that could be characterized as harassment. This is the first time in my 10 years of playing that I have ever had any kind of restriction placed on my account.

Because of this, I cannot launch the game anymore without being ridiculously paranoid that my account will have been banned again without proper reason. Whatever garbage was added to the system that detects profanity needs to be changed immediately. Whenever I play Maple now I am living in fear that some random person can report me and then subsequently get me banned just because the automated system only has half the intelligence of a sweet potato.

From what I know I got ban as well for 1-2 days cause of how I wrote a word. "Many others have done it too but yeah doesn't really excuse it".

But yeah Nexon is going after players who are reported for using bad languages like swears or anything adult content or anyone who reports certain players who in-game transactions from what I got in my email.

I got ban for language like you to cause someone in hene reported the smega.

I think like I had said before which a lot of people don't like to hear is not everyone in-game is a friend as they would report you or harass ban you for no reason.

The best way to avoid it is to only deal with your friends in buddy chat or guild chat as you know they got your back.

This game rn is mostly people crying over nothing and better to stay away from those types than do what you do get reported than ban for it. But the GM was nice enough to say it without fully saying it so thanks Nexon for the great communication I guess.