[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Possible Solutions] MapleStory Not Launching

Comments

  • LuzealLuzeal
    Reactions: 810
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited March 2021
    I tried everything on here and nothing worked. Finally found a solution on reddit that worked for me.

    Nexon launcher:
    1. Open maplestory folder (Go to C: drive -> Nexon -> Library -> maplestory -> appdata)
    2. Right click maplestory.exe (repeat below steps for the other .exe clients)
    3. Go to properties -> compatibility tab -> compatibility mode
    4. Click the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 7
  • NoorseNoorse
    Post: 1
    Member
    Thank you so much, for the first time in 10+years of playing this game has a nexon forum been so helpful. i can finally play maple again
  • RobilsuRobilsu
    Reactions: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    Luzeal wrote: »
    I tried everything on here and nothing worked. Finally found a solution on reddit that worked for me.

    Nexon launcher:
    1. Open maplestory folder (Go to C: drive -> Nexon -> Library -> maplestory -> appdata)
    2. Right click maplestory.exe (repeat below steps for the other .exe clients)
    3. Go to properties -> compatibility tab -> compatibility mode
    4. Click the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 7

    Thanks, mate!!!! This was very helpful...
  • Swedish_CheeseSwedish_Cheese
    Reactions: 100
    Posts: 2
    Member
    For me, unfortunately, the compatibility method still results in a crash after inputting PIC.
  • LuzealLuzeal
    Reactions: 810
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited April 2021
    For me, unfortunately, the compatibility method still results in a crash after inputting PIC.

    I kept crashing too after using the compatibility method. For some reason I always crashed when I ran it on steam but using nexon launcher worked lol. This fixed it for me:

    Solution #3
    1. Windows Key + R
    2. Type in "Regedit" without the quotes. Click OK.
    3. Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >SOFTWARE >WOW6432Node > Wizet >MapleStory
    4. Find soScreenMode and change number from 0 (or whatever value it is on) to 3.
    Alternative:
    If you can't find it in the folder, make a new one.
    5. Right click on the folder. New > DWORD 32bit
    6. Type in soScreenMode and change number from 0 to 3.

    Then in your maplestory appdata folder in C: drive run every .exe file in compatibility mode and click the "run as admin" box.
  • Swedish_CheeseSwedish_Cheese
    Reactions: 100
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited April 2021
    Luzeal wrote: »

    Solution #3
    1. Windows Key + R
    2. Type in "Regedit" without the quotes. Click OK.
    3. Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >SOFTWARE >WOW6432Node > Wizet >MapleStory
    4. Find soScreenMode and change number from 0 (or whatever value it is on) to 3.
    Alternative:
    If you can't find it in the folder, make a new one.
    5. Right click on the folder. New > DWORD 32bit
    6. Type in soScreenMode and change number from 0 to 3.

    Then in your maplestory appdata folder in C: drive run every .exe file in compatibility mode and click the "run as admin" box.

    Whenever I change soScreenMode to 3 and launch MS, it reverts back to 1 after the post-PIC crash. Unfortunately, setting all .exes to compatibility and run as admin don't seem to change anything either. Is it a relevant fact that I run my game in borderless fullscreen, 1920x1080?
  • notKentanotKenta
    Post: 1
    Member
    None of this is working for me...
  • iyKagomeiyKagome
    Reactions: 1,010
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited June 2021
    Trying to get back to the game and I am having this problem....I did every single one of the solutions...sigh
  • TomayTomay
    Post: 1
    Member
    This is frustrating.. ive already tried all these solutions listed and more.

    1) Soscreenmode to 3 (tried all 0/1/2/3)
    2) msconfig (tested with all services off, one by one)
    3) full shutdown, multiple restarts
    4) all drivers for graphics card, windows 10, netframework 4.8, directx updated
    5) multiple redownloads using nexon launcher, steam
    6) ipconfig flush dns

    i just see the process for blackcipher and maplestory start, then immediately close. the white screen starts for about a second then closes

    for some reason maplestory works on my old laptop (also windows 10, netframework 4.8, directx, msconfig identical) but doesnt work on my desktop. i dont even need to adjust soscreenmode.. the only difference being graphics card (which i also tested by turning off nvidia optimisation, and trying all screen resolutions available)

    anybody knows any other settings i can test??
  • GnomeSyrupGnomeSyrup
    Post: 1
    Member
    iyKagome wrote: »
    Trying to get back to the game and I am having this problem....I did every single one of the solutions...sigh

    same here. about to admit that my childhood has died.
  • YuvhYuvh
    Reactions: 600
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited June 2021
    So frustrating.
    I keep getting the blank screen.
    I've done everything I found here, but nothing works.
    The support GM wrote to me that it may be related to Windows 10.
    I check the log files, and they have size 0.