[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can Reboot get a way to transfer stat-less anvils?

IarezPIZZAIarezPIZZA
Reactions: 520
I used to be a Reg server player up until less than a year ago but I tried out Reboot when it came out. Looking through my old Reboot chars I noticed I have a few items that look really nice and I want to anvil them but alas Reboot prohibits that.

Can Reboot please get a special npc that you give an equip to, doesn't matter which, and removes all the stats the equip has making it similar to an item trace but you can't recover it. All I, and several other people from the Reddit want is to be able to anvil our cool items across all our characters.
MapleSapo

Comments

• MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited April 2021
    That would be awesome! I am an old school player. Played in Bera since GMS came out, but after potential system came out I started to lose interest because I do not like the idea of progression by real money. So when reboot came out I decided to try, and it has everything I expected from the game, except one thing: we can't trade with our own characters throu storage. Because of this many things get stuck in a character and I can't anvil it on another one, because Nexon keeps removing content. In example, I have a Flamekeeper Cordon on one character, and can't anvil on another. A system like you sugests is amazing! I have another idea too. Maybe a special anvil that allow us to copy the appearance of a quoted in chat item. In example, a friend speaks to you in the buddy chat and quote his Spectrum Goggles he got from when CWKPQ was available on Reboot, then you use that anvil and click (or drag) the item name quoted in the chat, and it will show up in the anvil window, then you add your equip with stats and it transfer the appearance.
  • IarezPIZZAIarezPIZZA
    Reactions: 520
    edited April 2021
    MapleSapo wrote: »
    That would be awesome! I am an old school player. Played in Bera since GMS came out, but after potential system came out I started to lose interest because I do not like the idea of progression by real money. So when reboot came out I decided to try, and it has everything I expected from the game, except one thing: we can't trade with our own characters throu storage. Because of this many things get stuck in a character and I can't anvil it on another one, because Nexon keeps removing content. In example, I have a Flamekeeper Cordon on one character, and can't anvil on another. A system like you sugests is amazing! I have another idea too. Maybe a special anvil that allow us to copy the appearance of a quoted in chat item. In example, a friend speaks to you in the buddy chat and quote his Spectrum Goggles he got from when CWKPQ was available on Reboot, then you use that anvil and click (or drag) the item name quoted in the chat, and it will show up in the anvil window, then you add your equip with stats and it transfer the appearance.

I get what you're getting at but there's a few issues that come up from that, since that could promote some for of trade between players.
    IE: Player1 - Oh wow nice Spectrum goggles, can you link so I anvil them?
    Player2 - Carry my mules in CRA and ill link them for you.

I would love a way to get more anvils for my equips since some regular items have great sprites but I feel that would extend too much over the line for what Reboot allows
    MapleSapo
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited April 2021
    IarezPIZZA wrote: »
    MapleSapo wrote: »

I get what you're getting at but there's a few issues that come up from that, since that could promote some for of trade between players.
    IE: Player1 - Oh wow nice Spectrum goggles, can you link so I anvil them?
    Player2 - Carry my mules in CRA and ill link them for you.

I would love a way to get more anvils for my equips since some regular items have great sprites but I feel that would extend too much over the line for what Reboot allows

You are probably right about it. But that kind of "trade" already happens. People trade carry in bosses for being carried on other bosses, or trade this for services like Kishin, HS and more. I don't see how this is different. But I agree that it is some kind of trade, I just don't see it as a bad kind of trade. I mean, its not for money, its the kind of trade that involves making players closer to each other and making party content. I think this is healthy somehow. But again, if atleast we had the chance to get all the deleted equipments (even if without stats) just for anvil from NPC store or maybe a permanent coin shop that would be perfect and problem would be solved. :)