[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New ideas of revamp for Beast Tamer !!

thrakkesthrakkes
Reactions: 2,135
edited April 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Beast Tamer has got some nice changes in last patches, mainly the mobility being added and damage being increased on Fishy Slap, the change of cooldown on All Together! Critter Crossing! and being able to move and casting Meow Card at same time. Gotta say there is also an increase in number of attacks of certain skills. However, there are still some major changes that need to be addressed. Minor game improvement as some bug fixing, certain hyper skills being replaced and especially revamp on Champ Charge .... That skill was good before the huge revamp in end of Summer 2019, no worth being casted anymore due to the huge risk of death and very low damage on it.

Let's start with some game play improvement:
1- Receiving quest to get Maple Alliance Skill (Lv75+)
2- Allow certain skills Master Level to be surpassed with Combat Order/Decent Combat Order/+1 All Passive Skill Level inner ability
3-Give Beast Tamer the skill Echo once Lv200 like every other classes
4-Add Abnormal Status Immunity for 3 seconds after use on Beastly Resolve skill description, one person told me it could give immunity for 3 sec, I just never knew
5-*Change SP requirement of every animal mode last skill to be at 180 SP!!
6- *One of most important change* Allow Bear Assault and Hawk buffs to be kept while changing animals to be more fair or else there is no point to carry Meow Card buff from Cat mode to another animal.
As it is right now on 6th point, there is just no point to actually attack on other animal mode while bossing besides "Tornado Flight" or if using "All Together! Critter Crossing!" to carry "Bear Assault". It is very necessary at this state since Beast Tamer already lacks of stats to do acceptable damage while waiting for "All Together! Critter Crossing!"

Now let's list some bug/glitch:
-Attack Speed going from stage 2 to stage 1 not affecting Furious Strike attack speed but it does from stage 1 to 0 (I actually made bug report ticket to Nexon with a video I uploaded)https://youtube.com/watch?v=aEMvbqRDL_Q&t=2s
- All Together! Critter Crossing! Hyper skill is not saved upon death if using Buff Freezer or having Battle-Roid equipped.
-Purr Zone kills certain unkillable enemies including blue balls in the second phase of Normal/Hard Damien, Lucid’s Flower in phase 1 in any Lucid Mode, etc.
-The skill Thunder Dash is replaced by Advanced Thunder Dash, but the cooldown of the skill is not shown in the quick slot after using it. The kill Advanced Thunder Dash is not affected by Thunder Dash boosted node. https://youtu.be/QwmcxweTU8o
-Fix issue which with some %damage on character stat, Veteran Formation incorrectly boosts Formation Attack damage (and maybe Defensive Formation + Baby bomber). This may be the case for Billowing Trumpet boosting Majestic Trumpet, but it is harder to test.
-When All Together! Critter Crossing! is inactive and we cast Majestic Trumpet from Bear Mode, Billowing Trumpet %skill damage passive is not applied if we are on another animal.
-When multiple Majestic Trumpet fires are installed and we cast a new fire over an existing fire not disappearing, all other fires disappear.

More bugs to add later if needed.......

Now showing some changes that should be applied on all animal modes. Like some damage fix with passive skills boosting Formation Attack %skill damage and more plus the increase of damage + range on Cat mode mainly Friend Launcher. Plus some change on Passive Hyper skill especially for Cat mode. Using Bishop as example which only show passive hyper skill for buffs, no active attack skill, I try to do same thing for Arby by replacing Friend Launcher passive by hyper skill for Meow/Gold Card. As well as protective shield addition on Blue/Gold Card to give better utility of Blue Card. Trying at best to keep Beast Tamer player on Cat mode long enough by making it's support better. Here some suggested changes below:

Bear:
-Defense Ignorance: Attack Speed Passive: +2 > +3 to give the player the choice of going for either Attack speed +1 Level or 20% Boss Inner Ability depending on built.
-Fishy Slap: Damage: 330% > 380%
-Bear Reborn: Reduce cooldown to 1800 seconds; cooldown reset no longer affect the skill cooldown
-Billowing Trumpet: Change Majestic Trumpet %damage increase for +p%damage.

Snow Leopard:
-Macho Dance: Enlarge the skill hit box to match a little more the diagonal movement. Adjust its damage to be similar to Macho Slam.
-Leopard’s Roar: Increase slightly the distance to give some utility while bossing
-Deadly Fangs: Add passive Critical Rate 20% with the current passives since Snow Leopard mode misses too much % critical rate for training, actually none so heavily relying on link skills and legion.
-Party Time: Number of Attack increased to 15.

Bird:
-Formation Attack: Increase range by 15% and number of monster hits: 3> 5 (See hyper skill section). If it is impossible to change hyper skill for more number of attacks, then go for Damage: 110>165% or boost a little Veteran Formation +p%damage.
-Baby Bombers: Number of Attacks from 4 to 5
-Veteran Formation: Change the %damage increase for +p%damage increase to fix the issue which doesn't properly boost damage with %damage stat, giving lower damage than it should. Increase SP requirement gap between this skill and Razor Beak so more SP can be put.
-Feather Boots: Add passive %Final Damage: 10%
-Tornado Flight: Mentioning number of hits. Number of Attack: 4 > 8, Damage: 800% > 400%

Cat:
-Friend Launcher: Increase the %skill damage furthermore, increase number of enemy hits from 8 to 10, increase range to replace all Friend Launcher by brand new Arby Passive hyper skills
-Meow Heal: Add cooldown of 6 seconds. Put maximum recovery to 60-70% when lower players in the range. Reduce 2 seconds on cooldown per party member healed. Enlarge vertical box to be able healing members when jumping.
-Purr Zone: %Critical Rate has to affect the skill periodical damage (DoT). Change the damage formula of the skill to no longer be a summon type skill. Change Heal Recovery to be 5% HP periodically (every second). Decrease skill duration from 22 to 15 seconds. Increase cooldown from 15 to 60 seconds. Damage: 1000% > 600% Number of Attack: 1>6. Make it disappear when changing mode if “All Together! Critter Crossing!” is inactive
-Meow Card: Change Meow Card skill description where it mentions Yellow Card to be Green Card instead. Add new effect for Blue Card, see below:
Blue Card= Add real defensive effect for self and party members. Gives a protective shield from 25% of max HP
-Fire Kitty: Number of Attack: 3>8
-Cat’s Cradle Blitzkrieg: %Critical Rate has to affect the skill periodical damage (DoT) being dealt by party members hit. Possibility to add Bind effect, Bind duration: 10 seconds. Decrease Skill Duration from 12 to 10 seconds. This skill should work similar to Shade bind skill Spirit Trap.

Hyper Skill:
-REMOVED Formation Attack: Spread due to additional number of monster on original skill
-NEW Formation Attack: Extra Strike: Number of Attacks: +1 or whatever it may take to get closer to Bear DPS including Bear Assault, but not equal, giving people option bossing with Bird mode. If not possible, then increase slightly Formation Attack damage.
-REMOVED these 3 Cat mode Hyper skills: Friend Launcher - Reinforce, Friend Launcher -Spread and Friend Launcher - Range to change how Friend Launcher works normally. Replace them by brand new Arby Hyper skills right below.
-NEW Meow Card - Boss Rush: +20% boss damage to party member when Red Card is casted
-NEW Meow Card - Cooldown Cutter: -30% cooldown reduction on Meow Card
-NEW Gold Card - Opportunity: Increase chance to obtain Gold Card from Meow Card by 20%

Now talking about 5th job skills and nodes right below. No need to repeat about Champ Charge because it was explained in the intro. However, there is a need to add more skills on Boosted skill node list and merge certain ones if possible

-Champ Charge:
Since the buff in August 2019, with so many skills being changed for better overall DPM increase, this skill no longer does enough damage to be comparable with Furious Strike and some other skills. I think that all this skill should be casted by holding the skill rather than tapping. It will stop if you release the skill. Give the possibility of every mode Special Attack to give a short duration of buff for extra burst. Increase Attack speed of casting animation slightly, because it takes around 6 seconds to select a special attack then casting all attacks. Do something so the character will keep facing the same direction after selecting the animal, so we won’t miss a hit.

Level 25: Add effect: While channeling this skill, damage taken from enemy attacks (including attacks that deal a fixed percent of damage) are reduced by 50%! Give the possibility of Bear Special Attack to give a short duration of buff for extra burst.

-Lai: -Normal Attack= Number of Attack: 3 > 8 Damage: 750% > 1100%
-Special Attack= Number of Attack: 6 > 10 Damage: 700% > 1200%
When selecting Lai as Special Attack, skip every attack to always use Leopard’s Roar and increase its number of attacks to 15 for 20 seconds.
-Fort: -Normal Attack= Number of Attack: 2 > 8
-Special Attack= “First hit” Number of Attack: 3 > 12
“Second Hit” Number of Attack: 8 > 15 Damage: 750% > 1200%
When selecting Fort as Special Attack, every Bear attack skills following the last hit will see number of attacks doubled for 10 seconds, can’t go further than maximum # attack being 15.
-Eka: -Normal Attack= Damage: 325% > 800%
-Special Attack= Number of Attack: 10 > 12 Damage: 350% > 950%
When selecting Eka as Special Attack, Reduce Tornado Flight cooldown by 70% for 20 seconds.
-Arby: -Normal Attack= Number of Attack: 1 > 8 Damage: 1300% > 750%
-Special Attack= Number of Attack: 4 > 8 Damage: 600% > 850%
When selecting Arby on Cat Mode, doubles the Tree buff duration.
Possible increase of cooldown if implement all these buffs to 80-90 seconds.

Boosted Nodes:
-Deep Breath: Now Really Deep Breath will be affected, should affect both skills
-REMOVED Really Deep Breath because being affected by boosted Deep Breath
-NEW Majestic Trumpet to replace Boosted Really Deep Breath
-NEW: Fort Follow-UP
-Thunder Dash: Add mention of Advanced Thunder Dash. Fix bug which only Thunder Trail is affected by the boosted node if at least 1 SP is applied into Advanced Thunder Dash
-Add Bro Attack node or include it into an existing Snow Leopard Node, ideally Party Time?
-Add Purr Zone node, make it affecting initial hit and DoT. Merge Cat’s Cradle Blitzkrieg into it if possible

Please, feel free to comment for feedback about those brand new suggestions!! Or any question if trouble to understand.

Comments

• ShadowFlareShadowFlare
    Reactions: 755
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    -Eka: -Normal Attack= Damage: 325% > 800%
    -Special Attack= Number of Attack: 10 > 12 Damage: 350% > 950%
    When selecting Eka as Special Attack, Reduce Tornado Flight cooldown by 70% for 20 seconds.

To be honest, I find this change fairly pointless. Given you can't use the skill whilst flying, reducing the cooldown of Tornado Flight by 70% for 20 seconds feels fairly pointless. Instead I'd argue it'd be more beneficial to either completely remove the cooldown or instead provide a benefit to one of the other aspects of using flight.

Two (kind of three) major reasons for this: First (and kind of second) is that it has a full cast duration of 10 seconds with the cooldown not starting until its finished. By making the buff 20 seconds in duration, you'll realistically only see it affect the first cast of Tornado Flight, as unless you're not using its fully duration, it takes a minimum of 27.5 seconds before the second cast is complete, assuming you have frame perfect timing.

The second point is that the skill itself isn't useful enough to warrant a change like this, if for instance you fully remove the cooldown for 20 seconds, then it improves the versatility of the skill allowing for you to quickly stop casting it in order to move, before recasting it again. If you however keep the 7.5s cooldown (70% reduction of 25s cooldown), then realistically you can only cancel the cast twice tops whilst still getting use out of the cooldown reduction and will have spent more of the 20 seconds off cooldown than on cooldown.

If something as simple as a 70% cooldown reduction was applied, then I'd suggest to make it more of a minute duration rather than a 20 second duration. Mainly because the cooldown of Tornado Flight is inherently linked to the cooldown of Flight as well. Alongside this, applying something like % damage reduction, including fixed % damage sourced, would also have to be applied to Tornado Flight regardless of whether this buff is in affect. Unless I'm mistakn, most if not all other skills that fully lock you in place whilst using, provide some form of safety during use, be it iframes or % damage reduction.

If a change had to be made to support bird / flight, then I'd instead suggest something more along the lines of:

Bypass cooldown for Flight and Tornado Flight for 45 seconds, gives you full freedom then to use as and when needed.
    Cooldown reduction for Baby Bomber for 45 seconds, by reducing the cooldown by 66% for instance, it'll give flight a lot more damage without relying on Tornado Flight as much.
    Grant Tornado Flight a 20% damage reduction whilst in use as to offset the complete immobility whilst using but not being too overpowered. Basically gives it the same treatment of Furious Strikes.

Edit: Other than this there are a few pros and cons here and there to these suggestions, however this one in particular stood out to me, probably as someone who loves playing bird mode and outside of bossing rarely spends time in any other mode, it didn't make much sense to me for a change like this to be made.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited April 2021
    If a change had to be made to support bird / flight, then I'd instead suggest something more along the lines of:

Bypass cooldown for Flight and Tornado Flight for 45 seconds, gives you full freedom then to use as and when needed.
    Cooldown reduction for Baby Bomber for 45 seconds, by reducing the cooldown by 66% for instance, it'll give flight a lot more damage without relying on Tornado Flight as much.
    Grant Tornado Flight a 20% damage reduction whilst in use as to offset the complete immobility whilst using but not being too overpowered. Basically gives it the same treatment of Furious Strikes.

Edit: Other than this there are a few pros and cons here and there to these suggestions, however this one in particular stood out to me, probably as someone who loves playing bird mode and outside of bossing rarely spends time in any other mode, it didn't make much sense to me for a change like this to be made.

Yea my idea was to cast two Tornado Flight in one Fly duration at max level assuming we use Tornado Flight as soon as we leave ground. Actually I like your idea to bypass cooldown on Fly and Tornady Flight for the Champ Charge's Eka Special attack buff duration. However, I am wondering if 45 seconds is a bit too long. So you are also suggesting cooldown reduction on Baby Bomber to 1 second? I thought 3 seconds cooldown was already short enough. Actually, I considered reducing it to 2 seconds outside of the buff.
    As for Tornado Flight getting a 20% damage reduction, not bad idea I guess.
  • AngelicTamerAngelicTamer
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2021
    I want to mainstream BT playstyle so that playing BT can be fun. First of all, Nexon needs to make Critter Select a client-side skill. My vision for bear mode would be that we remove LilFort and Majestic Trumpet, add the Majestic Trumpet effect to Table Flip, and some sort of new skill that increases Bear Mode damage output when the monster is under constant attack by whether giving it a debuff or give BT a buff like Ark link skill. Leopard, on the other hand, receive a play style similar to Kain the new Kms class where you come in busting and come out, using Thunder Dash animation cancel as its core ( a combo class like Cadena), Three-point Pounce should be adjusted to circle the character instead of above, plus I love the idea of using Champ Charge to enhance Leopard's Roar and turn the playstyle to Aran like ( animation cancel with Dance Slam Three-point Roar Incarnate happen around and in front of you). For Hawk is suggest instead of having infinite birds, we would only have a certain number of birds and each skill use these birds and place them around the map dealing damage when passing mobs or boss, you can push, pull and form formations to farm and fight. Finally, Cat mode, a medic, and a DoT damage dealer, because everyone knows cat scratch people so all of Cat mode skill would have a bleeding effect and DoT's amplify effect that stack up for each different Cat skill used which can apply for the whole team.
    Overall BT is a class of its own, which mean every critter need to serve as a part of a complete class, therefore, each animal should lack and excel at specific stats like bear have IED but lack continuous damage, leopard lack IED but provide final damage debuff, hawk lacks sole target damage but provide mobility buffs, cat lack survivability but can deal continuous damage.
  • ShadowFlareShadowFlare
    Reactions: 755
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    thrakkes wrote: »
    However, I am wondering if 45 seconds is a bit too long. So you are also suggesting cooldown reduction on Baby Bomber to 1 second? I thought 3 seconds cooldown was already short enough. Actually, I considered reducing it to 2 seconds outside of the buff.
    As for Tornado Flight getting a 20% damage reduction, not bad idea I guess.

It's more a 'or' kind of suggestion with pick one rather than pick all. As for the duration, it's because I rarely, if ever, found myself going into flight after champ charge. (Though I mainly used it in dojo for healing) Given the buff would exclusively benefit flight, by giving it a short duration it would make any additional benefit considerably less useful if you don't immediately go into flight.
    A 45 second buff means you'd have a 15 second window before you'd have to enter flight, without the buff devaluating. (That said, I remembered the cooldown wrong of Champ Charge and thought 45 seconds was half the cooldown, i.e was a 90s cooldown skill)

As for the 1 second cooldown on Baby Bomber, if it was only for the duration of said buff, it wouldn't be too broken. That said the skill is fairly balanced for regular grinding, it's only during totem farming you feel the impact of the cooldown. I'd just like to see Bird mode become somewhat viable for bossing if people wanted to, after all, Beast Tamer's mobility during bossing is the worst and really struggles with fast moving bosses. (Damian made me want to quit bossing on Beast Tamer)
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited April 2021
    NEW suggestion right here!!! After reading the translated google doc of this latest April Korean Maple Conference, a point where it mentions +All Skill Level stat (from potential line) was useless, I thought Nexon should actually give us more SP! In order to keep the class uniqueness with multiple build, I was thinking that Beast Tamer should gain more SP per level. So lets say an increase of SP per level from 3 to 4. To be able to increase a considerable amount of skills on 3 animals.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/480737158412632064/830733466496663552/unknown.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x_K85zjdH6m0fmHt4d4WohuqhOfhsW04qVku8amWzDs/edit?usp=drivesdk
  • PulledFingerPulledFinger
    Reactions: 765
    edited April 2021
    My vision for bear mode would be that we remove LilFort and Majestic Trumpet, add the Majestic Trumpet effect to Table Flip, .

I'd caution against messing with both Trumpet and LilFort due to how efficient said skills are for 230 to 260 (Cavern Lower Path and Star-Swallowing Sea 1). Note this only applies to people putting mid-late game funding into their BT.
    I'd just like to see Bird mode become somewhat viable for bossing if people wanted to, after all, Beast Tamer's mobility during bossing is the worst and really struggles with fast moving bosses. (Damian made me want to quit bossing on Beast Tamer)

I use Eka for most of CRA when soloing or carrying buddies (basically only use Fort when I'm doing a bind burst, otherwise I can just fly around and ignore 99% of the mechanics from complete safety). If they ever changed Paw Swipe into a hold down key instead of a tap on top of providing walking speed during it (akin to Phantoms' Mille Aiguilles) maybe I'd use Eka a bit less than I do.