[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A New Method For Mesos [Reboot]

MadEbonMadEbon
Reactions: 220
edited April 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
i want to suggest another method of obtaining mesos due to the slow burning effect of endless mob killing [endless kanna play for maximum earns] for some players ,not speaking for all the players , also due maps begin full during peak hours farming or leveling or botting , sorry for my english in advance ;)

My suggestion is making an dungeon/pq where u need 2 adventurers. maybe more for more reward ,that need to clear the pq which contains variety of puzzles and mobs
that are not hard to deal with [maybe like buttons which need to press at same time / or in order, from a paper u found on some stage or picture frame on wall ,or such
no jump quest . finding a piece from boxes , turning the pictures finding them , escape room style pq maybe a boss at the end who drops rings,totems,masks,accecories] again not too hard but fun something u will want to Repeat
,now lets say the rewards will be equal to the method of farming mobs , like 150mil in 15 mins of pq or 300mil in 30 , maybe slightly more with more players [for more social interaction] maybe add more stages if it will become more desired .
[also i think this pq should be from lvl 210+ but maybe people will prefer at lower levels, but no too low]

I would help if there was any way for me to help but im limited with the things that i can offer at that point sorry :)

Dont make it a 1 party a channel ,

Dont make it 1 time a day like ursus or 2 times a day like maple tour , make it a repeatable pq / dungeon , that way more maps will be open for people who want only to level at higher levels and such .

Wish you all a good day / night :)

Comments

• MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited April 2021
    That would be really fun!
    Imo the meso reward should be bigger than farming due to the difficult of finding another player, risks of d/c, having to THINK (which believe me or not is a challenge to many players who like to just sit and hold a button to farm.
    This reminds me of old PQs. Oh man how I miss them!! They were one of the higher points of the game, but now this MMO looks more like a single player game.
    If they ever made something like this, count on me for a party!!

PS: Just in case you didn't know, Ursus is 3x day, so you might been loosing money if you doing it once.
  • MadEbonMadEbon
    Reactions: 220
    edited April 2021
    ya ^^ sorry meant that ursus is a daily thing :) and not repeatable
  • ShadowFlareShadowFlare
    Reactions: 755
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    The problem with having an endlessly repeatable pq / fixed reward form of gaining mesos is there's no realistic way of balancing it.

Currently meso rates for any server are balanced behind mesos gained % on accessories / mesos boosting buffs. By implementing a system that grants fixed mesos, like Maple Tour for instance, there's no way to influence this amount. Because of this, it'd be really difficult to balance it in such a way that makes it worthwhile to the average player without being super busted.

They'd either have to balance it at the rates of a 1x grind farming mesos without kish, which would result in no reason for doing it once you're past early game, or they'd have to balance it taking into account some form of spawn enhancer / meso multipler. If they did that though, everyone would rush to it if they didn't have access to spawn enhancers / meso multipliers.

That said, it would be nice for them to implement some party based content that's worthwhile for making mesos. I'd argue bossing would do that but the crystals are shared amongst each member. If they simply removed that, meaning a full party of 6 would make the same per person as each of them doing it solo, then I'd argue some really powerful bosses would be fairly interesting as a solution to avoid grindings.

Ones where you're forced to play in a party due to the shear difficulty and since the rewards aren't reduced due to being in a party, there's no real reason not to party up, outside of pride being able to solo the boss.
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited April 2021
    The problem with having an endlessly repeatable pq / fixed reward form of gaining mesos is there's no realistic way of balancing it.

Currently meso rates for any server are balanced behind mesos gained % on accessories / mesos boosting buffs. By implementing a system that grants fixed mesos, like Maple Tour for instance, there's no way to influence this amount. Because of this, it'd be really difficult to balance it in such a way that makes it worthwhile to the average player without being super busted.

They'd either have to balance it at the rates of a 1x grind farming mesos without kish, which would result in no reason for doing it once you're past early game, or they'd have to balance it taking into account some form of spawn enhancer / meso multipler. If they did that though, everyone would rush to it if they didn't have access to spawn enhancers / meso multipliers.

That said, it would be nice for them to implement some party based content that's worthwhile for making mesos. I'd argue bossing would do that but the crystals are shared amongst each member. If they simply removed that, meaning a full party of 6 would make the same per person as each of them doing it solo, then I'd argue some really powerful bosses would be fairly interesting as a solution to avoid grindings.

Ones where you're forced to play in a party due to the shear difficulty and since the rewards aren't reduced due to being in a party, there's no real reason not to party up, outside of pride being able to solo the boss.

Maybe if that said PQ being linke 5 times a day instead of endlessly repeatable would work. Would be like adding another Ursus or Maple Tour, but with the need of a party, a little harder and with more mesos per person.

Regarding the spawn enhancer, I don't really wanna get into the subject, but speaking shortly if they increased the respawn of all maps in the game by the same amount a Kishin does, and remove the Kishin (don't hate me, I just think its for the best) would turn every map equal to all players.

The Boss crystals instead of making us want to play together, they do the opposit. The cyrstal should worth the same or even more if you have more people in party. This would make more people want to party-play, and also increase the meso income.