[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lower GMS Starforcing Costs to KMS rate

SenzuBeanSenzuBean
Reactions: 775
edited April 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
For some reason starforcing costs are 2X that of KMS, but in return we get Meso Farm Dalies that don't add up to the massive difficulty increase?

There's a point in early game where you are hardstuck in a phase with 10 star gear and it becomes extremely difficult to progress with no meso and no way to effectively farm it.
You do have a way to obtain meso, which is Maple Tour and Ursus 2x Meso Time, which is independent from KMS
But a small sum of 155M / wk?
To 17 star an equip can be from 800M -2000M

This is barely any help whatsoever to cope with the increase difficulty
And we have dozens of gear spread across many characters
It's just not an option to starforce and instead feels like a extreme progression cap

I'm not asking for a miracle daily that showers you with meso
I'm just asking for starforcing costs to be reverted back to KMS costs
So I can actually starforce without losing upwards of Billions of meso for a single piece of gear

It should still be difficult, but it shouldn't be completely impossible for anyone besides those who farm massive hours

Comments

• PulledFingerPulledFinger
    Reactions: 765
    edited April 2021
    Considering they've butchered both Maple Tour and Ursus each in their own way, perhaps this was in preparation to bring our star force costs more in line with KMS. Wishful thinking perhaps, but maybe just maybe GMS is working towards this and not simply going radio silent til the next big blight that gets added to the game.
  • MeatMeat
    Reactions: 715
    edited April 2021
    As long as spawn enhancers exist I doubt this will happen.
  • ShadowFlareShadowFlare
    Reactions: 755
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    SenzuBean wrote: »
    There's a point in early game where you are hardstuck in a phase with 10 star gear and it becomes extremely difficult to progress with no meso and no way to effectively farm it.

Just to point out, changing it to KMS rates wouldn't help this much as it's not until you're at-least 15* that the prices change. Most newer players will still be bottlenecked by sf costs even if they did change it. In terms of averages, you'd only be saving around 20-30% per 17* item if they reverted the costs to KMS. Sure that does stack up, but an average of 25% less isn't that much when most newbies struggle to get one up to 17* out of upwards of 20 by mid game (dependant on class).

Given spawn enhancers and how reboot is the core focus, I don't think cheapening starforce costs to match that of KMS is the right decision, instead they should look into making it easier to get to the point where you can be self sufficient. Eg, easier to 17*, easier to get low quality legendary potentials, such as single prime line potentials or better access to rewards that benefit the early game but are significantly less valuable for late game, eg 160 17* enhancement scrolls.