[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Huh? Name Change is $15??

SenzuBeanSenzuBean
Reactions: 775
edited April 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
June 6th is coming up with the removal of all legacy characters

This is gonna free alot of old used names over all the years of maplestory being up...
But the cost to pick up some of those old names is 15k NX?
I'd rather make a new character than pay 15$ for a mere name change

If it was like 3k NX
Probably
Even better if you have a temporary name change event when the deletion happens on June 6th

Comments

• AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2021
    I'm down for an name change event or temp discount on codes but I think they have it at that cost just cause of how much it changes in game and if someone where to scam someone they could simply name change.
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    Reactions: 820
    edited April 2021
    SenzuBean wrote: »

This is gonna free alot of old used names over all the years of maplestory being up...

If it was like 3k NX
    Probably
    Even better if you have a temporary name change event when the deletion happens on June 6th

sorry deletion of legacy characters? Can you link that I must've missed the announcement my apologies, can't find it on the home page
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2021

If it was like 3k NX
    Probably

sorry deletion of legacy characters? Can you link that I must've missed the announcement my apologies, can't find it on the home page

https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/66113/lapsed-character-clean-up
    I dont think he meant legacy characters. Just characters under 61 and that havent had the account logged in for awhile.
    SenzuBean
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021

If it was like 3k NX
    Probably

Fighting the need to take the high road here and failing miserably. Oh well.

Look, I read your other post about being burned out, too. No one's forcing you to play this game. There are tons of other MMOs out there. Guess what, though? All of them are flawed in some way. Also, name change has always been $15. Seems a little steep, but it's better than being stuck with something you don't like. But again, no one's forcing you to stay.