[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Leap event?

Comments

• SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    Reactions: 775
    edited April 2021
    What about:
    -Aurora,Scania,Eylsium have the choice to swap to Bera
    -Bera has the choice to swap to A/S/E

In this way the ones that prefer lower pop can go to A/S/E
    And those stuck on other servers that want greater pop can move to Bera
    Acidtongue wrote: »
    What about a paywall, people have to buy a ticket to a world. Then limit number of tickets to like 3.
    It'll suck but at least gives some option of people transferring while should prevent a mass of people moving. Only the few are really going to transfer 3 characters leaving mules behind. Paywall makes it less chance of mass number of people moving.
    Sure a paywall will achieve that, but whale-gating the entire community after compensation? Wonderoid Failure? TB Nerf that they could've just left alone? Community Transparency letter?
    It just gives a message that they give no **** to F2P
    As if F2P Players are nonexistent, create an event only for whales?
    You might as well bring your entire character roster assuming it's a ticket for a mere 1 character, and god knows how much that will cost

Highly against this direction
    Even if Maplestory is highly P2W, there's a limit to how deep it can sink in before it becomes garbage

• AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2021
    "Even if Maplestory is highly P2W, there's a limit to how deep it can sink in before it becomes garbage"

The Cafe event has a battlepass in it.
    Also not saying like 50k to move a character. 5-10 should be enough to prevent masses from moving but those really wanting to to be able to. Sure you couldnt move like 40 chars but you could move your mains if you really wanted to.

"What about:
    -Aurora,Scania,Eylsium have the choice to swap to Bera
    -Bera has the choice to swap to A/S/E"

This doesnt stop all of Bera moving to a new world and having one with even more people on it. You could set up a cap limit on each world and then let people know ahead of time about what the cap is. Cap how many characters per person and cap how many characters per world can enter. Just be upfront and clear about the numbers so people know.
    SenzuBean
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    edited April 2021
    "The Cafe event has a battlepass in it."
    Yes, but a very trash battlepass. The whole event had trash rewards and wasn't worth the extreme grind. The price greatly outweighed the value
    Honestly I'd be fine with a battlepass if they didn't make the price so steep.. the event so annoying to set up quests, and the rewards buffed
    That Event Quest UI was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life

"You could set up a cap limit on each world and then let people know ahead of time about what the cap is."
    Yeah that one's pretty good, honestly.

I wish they'd also release player count though. It's like they're afraid that people would get dissuaded from playing maple if they knew how low the pop was
    But everyone knows how low it is. I'm just curious about the exact numbers

I'd be a QoL for high-pop migration for a world leap as well
  • 1franky511franky51
    Reactions: 755
    edited April 2021
    So a recap for the sake of consolidation.
    Our solution is free movement throughout worlds but based on capacity and warning given when near capacity.
    -This will alleviate Bera congestion and prevent a herding scenario. Close capacity warning issued to prevent split friends/guilds

• AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited April 2021
    1franky51 wrote: »
    So a recap for the sake of consolidation.
    Our solution is free movement throughout worlds but based on capacity and warning given when near capacity.
    -This will alleviate Bera congestion and prevent a herding scenario. Close capacity warning issued to prevent split friends/guilds

If thats what it takes then fine. I just got 1 char I want to move so Im taking any option I got.
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    edited April 2021
    The cap should be set to +XX% max increase from Current World Pop
    (Bera gets a slightly higher max % increase)

Without Question, Bera Pop becomes maxed out
    Since quieter worlds have a lower max cap than Bera's current avg pop there's no risk of a mass server flood

So people who wish for the high pop can migrate to Bera as the higher max cap incentivizes people to come
    Those who don't are free to go to quieter worlds for a more relaxed experience

Also, maybe revert Channels back to 30. It's a good QoL for all servers be it quieter or more high pop
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    SenzuBean wrote: »
    The cap should be set to +XX% max increase from Current World Pop
    (Bera gets a slightly higher max % increase)

Without Question, Bera Pop becomes maxed out
    Since quieter worlds have a lower max cap than Bera's current avg pop there's no risk of a mass server flood

So people who wish for the high pop can migrate to Bera as the higher max cap incentivizes people to come
    Those who don't are free to go to quieter worlds for a more relaxed experience

Also, maybe revert Channels back to 30. It's a good QoL for all servers be it quieter or more high pop
    Stop typing words salads and mental gymnastics to get yourself to move to Bera. Bera is already at capacity + x%, weren’t you listening? It had to be said sorry.
    Free movement throughout worlds with capacity warning and constraint. Bera opens up when it becomes available through people leaving to the point of under capacity. Let players create another high pop world if it comes to it.

• AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited April 2021
    "So people who wish for the high pop can migrate to Bera"

Dude, the one thing I got from the mod is that Bera is max capacity. Let's focus on getting people away from Bera. Like imagine 4 bowls with 1 bowl over flowing with water and the other bowls aren't even half. A perfect solution would be to have the over flowing bowl evenly pour itself out to the other three bowls so its not over flowing and the other bowls are have more water so things are more even. Problem is we can't control how the people would want to move which is why I said have a very clear cap on each server so another server doesnt over flow.

No matter what, no one is getting into Bera. But, we could make the other worlds fill with more people so people don't think they are so 'dead' which dont know what servers you play on but I find Aurora far from dead.
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    edited April 2021
    There's no server issues specific to Bera from this high pop, so I don't know what "issue" you guys are fearing would happen if an even greater population is placed into Bera

If you don't like the population you can just leave Bera?

And if you really wanted to increase population(enough to seem populated) in other servers would do it by a server merge, not a transfer which will have comparatively 0 effect
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited April 2021
    Quote from the mod:
    "The disaster wasn't that people quit.
    It was that a lot of people moved to Bera, resulting in one world that was overcrowded and laggy (and still hasn't quite recovered) "

Senzu, I cant have conversations with people that aren't going to read. They even added more channels to Bera but go there and see every map is being ksed cause of how croweded it is. A server merge would be the extreme and prob just tick people off plus that doesnt fix Bera. Also if I could "just leave Bera" I would of done so by now but I need some kind of world transfer event to so I can.
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    Could we get a comment from a mod/GM for our solution for a world leap with a cap based on a calculated, planned, discussed limit rather than hardware/software/channel cap (whatever that was back then)? Add a near cap warning to prevent community splitting too.

There is urgency, just quoting from a previous mod comment:
    "Nexon is aware of the problem of players being stuck in a world they don't like, for population reasons or otherwise. But no good solution has been suggested yet."
    "It was that a lot of people moved to Bera, resulting in one world that was overcrowded and laggy (and still hasn't quite recovered) and multiple worlds that became "dead""
    You can't just leave this be, it's been three+ years already. Three+ years of "overcrowded and laggy" and "being aware of the problem" with "no good solution".
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited April 2021
    The amount of players left in non-reboot make this conversation a joke.

There simply isn't enough budget/support dedicated to GMS non-reboot servers. If the resolution is allowing 3 dead servers to remain, than it's simply been rationalized the game is still profitable without running optimally. You've been there customer for 10-15 years, you ain't going anywhere. And happy anniversary btw!
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    edited April 2021
    My stance was a bit uninformed but
    I don't consider world leap for only 10-20% of GMS Population to be good enough to warrant an event
    You want a world leap because the experience is trash and you want something better
    This all stems from World Experience Dissatisfaction and I feel this is the real issue that needs to be fixed
    Most of all issues stem from the server

But it costs money for a performance increase and there definitely would've been money if GMS was nurtured in a pathway good for player experience
    People would've been happy if they made all the right decisions for player enjoyment, but instead they make decisions progressively terrible
    But it's always not too late for a change
    If systems that were ruining the game were altered to benefit player experience, then there is a chance for boosted income and support for server improvements

After so many of those mistakes, I finally believed they would change something with the CM issuing a public statement
    But weeks past and instead of improvement GMS gets overpriced monthly subscription passes
    I also ask to a GM:
    What exactly is being done to fix domestic server issues? If anything, what is the progress?
    Was the CM Letter just lip service and damage control?
    What issues are you aware of and which are you actually planning to fix as priority?
    What is the GMS team's decision and thoughts on this? How would you resolve this situation?
    Do GM's even read this forum?

• 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    This is such a small request for a small amount of people but will make a large difference for that small amount of people. Both of you gave comments that display a defeatist, dismissive and condescending attitude for just a small ask.

We provided a solution. It’s GMS’s decision to take it or not, simple as that and please just leave it as that.
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited April 2021
    This is such a small request for a small amount of people but will make a large difference for that small amount of people. Both of you gave comments that display a defeatist, dismissive and condescending attitude for just a small ask.

We provided a solution. It’s GMS’s decision to take it or not, simple as that and please just leave it as that.

I have seen the light dude. After talking with staff in tickets they really can't do anything. Talking on forums like this is like a suggestion box that leads straight to the trash. Surrender all hope ye who enter. I think it's time for me to find a new game to play. One without as many problems as Maplestory has.
    Goodluck.
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    Acidtongue wrote: »
    I have seen the light dude. After talking with staff in tickets they really can't do anything. Talking on forums like this is like a suggestion box that leads straight to the trash. Surrender all hope ye who enter. I think it's time for me to find a new game to play. One without as many problems as Maplestory has.
    Goodluck.

To quote the mod again, "The disaster wasn't that people quit." So yeah maybe their solution to overpopulation is making people quit. It's guaranteed to work. I'll give it that but the solution we came up with is less destructive. Let's see if they go with it.
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited May 2021
    "maybe their solution to overpopulation is making people quit"

ROFL. Could be.
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited May 2021
    RealAxgunner the streamer is moving to Bera. He plays 3 accounts at once and bought a frenzy totem. This is just going to get worse and proves how useless the argument against world leap is. People can simply just create new characters in "overcrowded and laggy" Bera.
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited May 2021
    RealAxgunner the streamer is moving to Bera. He plays 3 accounts at once and bought a frenzy totem. This is just going to get worse and proves how useless the argument against world leap is. People can simply just create new characters in "overcrowded and laggy" Bera.

So wait he paid real money for a frenzy totem? Isnt that kind of against the rules? Dude tho he moved from Aurora I'll take his spot in Aurora then. Yea tho can't imagine starting over completely just for a frenzy totem but also kind of curious if Nexon is just going to ignore that.