[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Improvement idea for monster collection

LatemasterLatemaster
Reactions: 1,780
edited April 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Monster collection is quite nice system but it's quite heavily overlooked due to few things. Monsters take some time to collect and the rewards aren't really that great.
Most ppl stop at 300 monsters since you can get that in couple of weeks and 600 isn't that much more value, after 600 you really don't get anything else than personal satisfaction from the system.
Here's some improvement ideas.
1. If you have full line give more exp/drop rate for that line's monsters
2. If you have full page give more exp/drop rate/dmg for that page's monsters.
10/20% wouldn't be that crazy but atleast would give some value for perfecting the pages.
3. Those medals are damn bad and most of them you can't even obtain since the areas don't have enough monsters. Maybe adding some boss dmg/def ign/exp for the area on those medals and fix them to not require 50/100/150 monsters when there's 23/95/130 monsters in area.

Next there's the exploration system. It's a handy way to get reward points but it has potential for being more than that.
1. There's just tiers of exploration lines and it doesn't matter which monsters you use on exploration making some of them a little bit useless.
- Why not give special rewards for certain lines (like additional entry coupons for the weekly boss lines), that way some ppl might actually try to get those hard boss lines even though the elites and afk blockers aren't so nice to get
2. Add extra exploration for whole pages. So getting whole page would be worth it.

And well fixing the page clear rewards would also be nice. It takes quite long to fill 1 complete page and getting 1 meso pouch doesn't really seem a fitting reward.

Overall the value of getting specific line, complete page and 600+ monsters should be increased.

Comments

• KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited April 2021
    Can the King Castle Golem, Giant Golem, and Blackheart Negative please have their star difficulty changed so they count as actual boss monsters?
    PirateIzzy
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    interesting suggestions, i wish they would improve the collection rate haha

one thing that i always thought about monster collection, is that is should show the monsters updated drop table if its in your collection. so players can see if any particular monster has any interesting drops
    MapleSapo
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited April 2021
    happycows wrote: »
    interesting suggestions, i wish they would improve the collection rate haha

one thing that i always thought about monster collection, is that is should show the monsters updated drop table if its in your collection. so players can see if any particular monster has any interesting drops

Totally agree! I miss that feature from the old familiar system..
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited April 2021
    Drop table would be nice addition, though most of the boss drops are known except older ones. And in arcane river there isn't really that much drops from monsters. If the drop rates were there aswell it would be damn nice :D