[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Allowing certain classes to equip all class weaps

TeamaerosalTeamaerosal
Reactions: 110
Hello fellow maplers!
I'm maining a Cadena, and sometimes I feel like I would love to lay off my chain for a bit.
The game doesn't allow certain classes to equip all-class items. for the sake of good old days, I think it would make a neat improvement for certain people!
MapleSapo

Comments

• MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited May 2021
    Would be interesting, but It is hard to add to the game. A weapon has it's own character movement animation, and this would bring conflicts with skills intented to work with specific weapons.
    But again, would be interesting. There are certain "old school" weapons in the game like daggers that warriors can use, maces for magicians..this always sound cool to me. I remember training my cleric with my yellow umbrella. Good days..
    I like diversity. Like when we had secondary stats, we could find Lukless mages (a little bit of luk added, even if its from luk scrolled equips), pure stat (only 4 points on secondary stat and the rest added with potions), or people who actually chose between being Ice OR lightining (now we have skill points to fill every skill...strategy is not even necessary anymore..players don't need to think anymore).
    So being able to see a warrior using a dagger, or a mage with a mace..I would love to see this again.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2021
    MapleSapo wrote: »
    Would be interesting, but It is hard to add to the game. A weapon has it's own character movement animation, and this would bring conflicts with skills intented to work with specific weapons.

I think they just mean they want to wear the equips (for looks), not to do anything with them (like casting skills), like old novelty common weapons (tubes, surfboards, valentine's day roses, red whips, and the like), which was common back in the day, even outside of alternative builds like dagger warriors and mages using maces. At the moment, older classes can still do that, I think (but can't use skills with them, of course), but newer classes (and perhaps freshly revamped classes), can't even equip weapons other than the specific weapon they're supposed to use, so they're locked out of being able to use old novelty weapons. This wouldn't be that difficult to change, especially since the skills themselves already have restrictions that prevent you from trying to cast them with the wrong weapon, there's no need for the classes to also have those restrictions.
    KlaraMapleSapo
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited June 2021
    I really like this idea. It would be nice if my cadena could equip a 2H common weapon underneath a cash cover so my character's pose changes while I'm standing around town. Or a toggle option between 1H and 2H poses would be really fun. We don't always want to play the correct (or old/original) classes when putting together a theme/outfit/pose.

unknown.png

Also, I've got a ho young friend who's really upset that she can't wear any of the novelty weapons so she would be very grateful as well.