[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Improvement - South America conection and PING

AndrAndr
Reactions: 300
edited May 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The connection here in Brazil is rubbish, but not necessarily because of you. Here in this country there is so much corruption in the governments that even our internet suffers because of that. Is there a way for you to improve your connection with South America? As I am an IT professional, I believe that a way to improve this would be some server or some "Direct Connect" from a server here in São Paulo for Nexon America servers ...

Comments

• MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited May 2021
    Hello Andr. I will speak as a brazilian too, but in english so everyone may be able to read.
    The big problem related to PING imo is not related to brazilian corruption, but to the distance between players and servers. GMS has servers located in olny one point, the USA. Instead of using servers from other companhies like Amazon (many other games use their service) who has them all over the globe, we are obligated to play on USA servers, and due to the distance we have bigger PING. Many other countries suffer what brazilians suffer too. Amazon has their latin american server in São Paulo. This would solve the PING problem to MANY countries. But this is a decision that probably must go throu Nexon Korea first.
    Thanks for sharing your oppinion on this. I totally agree regarding other server options, but this is something that should benefit the other non-USA countries too. Well, it is GLOBAL MapleStory, isn't it? :)
    Maplestory as a whole is going throu many changes right now, so lets hope for the best. Maybe we have a surprise in a year or two.