[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Atk Speed Change

OmgItsAiexOmgItsAiex
Reactions: 100
Hi,

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE HEROS +1 atk speed as a passive, this is absolutely ridiculous and unfair to everyone who spend more money on 1-h and terminus shield. this is the most ridiculous change i have ever seen this game do. For everyone who liberated to 1-h, this is absolutely unacceptable. IF this change goes live, many of my fellow hero's myself included will be quitting this game. I would like to hear the explanation and why 1-h does not get the dmg boost 2-h. This is so dumb

Thank you.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2021
    If the addition of attack speed to Hero's Mastery skill happens in KMS, there is no way it will not come to GMS.
    Instead of fighting against what can't be prevented, I recommend you (and fellow Heroes and Paladins) try to come up with suggestions of how GMS can alleviate the problem. For example, allowing people to convert their 1h Genesis weapon to 2h (keeping its potentials, bonus stats, and soul). Maybe also non-Genesis weapons? Or allowing the transfer of potential from shields to secondaries.
    OmgItsAiexwhatchawnt
  • OmgItsAiexOmgItsAiex
    edited May 2021
    I would absolutely welcome this idea. The conversion becomes tricky with my 22* Primed Terminus defender. How would nexon be able to convert my shield to an appropriate secondary medal? Terminus Defender is quite rare, now droppable, but previously only available via Marvel Machine. My shield has 22 stars and is primed, the secondary cannot be primed or 22 starred. Thoughts on that? Why not just give the dmg bonus to 1-h sword, so warriors can be flexible in what sword/combo they want to use. level the playing field for both
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited May 2021
    OmgItsAiex wrote: »
    I would absolutely welcome this idea. The conversion becomes tricky with my 22* Primed Terminus defender. How would nexon be able to convert my shield to an appropriate secondary medal? Terminus Defender is quite rare, now droppable, but previously only available via Marvel Machine. My shield has 22 stars and is primed, the secondary cannot be primed or 22 starred. Thoughts on that? Why not just give the dmg bonus to 1-h sword, so warriors can be flexible in what sword/combo they want to use. level the playing field for both

I agree with you. What is the point of having two sword options (including shield vs secondary equip) if the the benefit goes to only one option? This will cause an unbalance of these warriors options.
    I am not a warrior expert, but the whole idea was "increased speed + shield to scroll/star" vs "bigger and stronger sword with no shield to scroll/star" right?
    If so, then leaving it as it is makes more sense, UNLESS of course if the scroll/stars on shields are already causing unbalanced situation making no one to want to use 2h swords.
    We need to check if the speed change will make this situation more balalanced or worse. Do we have any feedback on players of KMS Test Servers on this change?
    OmgItsAiex
  • OmgItsAiexOmgItsAiex
    edited May 2021
    MapleSapo wrote: »
    OmgItsAiex wrote: »

I agree with you. What is the point of having two sword options (including shield vs secondary equip) if the the benefit goes to only one option? This will cause an unbalance of these warriors options.
    I am not a warrior expert, but the whole idea was "increased speed + shield to scroll/star" vs "bigger and stronger sword with no shield to scroll/star" right?
    If so, then leaving it as it is makes more sense, UNLESS of course if the scroll/stars on shields are already causing unbalanced situation making no one to want to use 2h swords.
    We need to check if the speed change will make this situation more balalanced or worse. Do we have any feedback on players of KMS Test Servers on this change?

Right but at this point in time the unbalanced from have 1-h/shield is balanced with the Final damage bonus they receive from having the 2-h sword. it doesnt make sense to take away the only advantage the 1-h sw/shield get from atk speed and leave the % FD bonus to 2-h sword. that just shifts the meta heavily into the other favour. Why not give the dmg bonus to both, and give players the option to either go 1h sword and spend more on a shield or go 2-h with similiar atk speed and slightly lower dmg because they dont want to fund a 22* scrolled shield.
  • XiceteaXicetea
    this is a buff to hero, you can roll boss % on inner now instead of AS.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2021
    Do we have any feedback on players of KMS Test Servers on this change?

This is another one of those changes that have a bigger impact on us than KMS, like when they decided they didn't want duplicate items to count multiple times in set effects.

In KMS, the Attack Speed cap is 2, rather than 0, as it is here with green pot, so 2H was already the best option. 2H weapons are Normal(6), which means with Booster (-2), and two of Decent Speed Infusion (-1), Green Pot (-1), or an Attack Speed IA (-1), they could already hit the speed cap with 2H weapons, 1H weapon (Fast(5)) users only needed one of the three, and after this change 2H users will only need one, and 1H weapon users will need no extra attack speed boosts. There's no dichotomy between faster 1H weapon and stronger 2H weapons, there's only 2H weapons being stronger. This should be a purely quality of life change for them, they probably already had a different Inner Ability than Attack Speed since the other two are much more easily available, so realistically, this just means not having to use Decent Speed Infusion and/or a Green Pot (depending on if you were using 1H or 2H weapons), so I wouldn't expect much, if any, feedback.

The discrepancy between 1H and 2H speeds which makes 1H a viable option versus 2H only exists here because we have the 0 attack speed cap, because with all easily available self boosts (all three of the above options), 1H will hit 0 and 2H will hit 1, and the difference in attack speed is a decent enough boost that you can kind of match the pure damage boost of a 2H weapon with a 1H weapon and a good shield.
  • OmgItsAiexOmgItsAiex
    edited May 2021
    Occire wrote: »
    Do we have any feedback on players of KMS Test Servers on this change?

This is another one of those changes that have a bigger impact on us than KMS, like when they decided they didn't want duplicate items to count multiple times in set effects.

In KMS, the Attack Speed cap is 2, rather than 0, as it is here with green pot, so 2H was already the best option. 2H weapons are Normal(6), which means with Booster (-2), and two of Decent Speed Infusion (-1), Green Pot (-1), or an Attack Speed IA (-1), they could already hit the speed cap with 2H weapons, 1H weapon (Fast(5)) users only needed one of the three, and after this change 2H users will only need one, and 1H weapon users will need no extra attack speed boosts. There's no dichotomy between faster 1H weapon and stronger 2H weapons, there's only 2H weapons being stronger. This should be a purely quality of life change for them, they probably already had a different Inner Ability than Attack Speed since the other two are much more easily available, so realistically, this just means not having to use Decent Speed Infusion and/or a Green Pot (depending on if you were using 1H or 2H weapons), so I wouldn't expect much, if any, feedback.

The discrepancy between 1H and 2H speeds which makes 1H a viable option versus 2H only exists here because we have the 0 attack speed cap, because with all easily available self boosts (all three of the above options), 1H will hit 0 and 2H will hit 1, and the difference in attack speed is a decent enough boost that you can kind of match the pure damage boost of a 2H weapon with a 1H weapon and a good shield.

i disagree, with all the buffs mentioned above 2-H max cap with SPD IA is still 1, while heros 1-h are at 0. The issue with this change is the fact that 2-h now becomes 0 which was the only advantage 1-h had. There is 10% final damage boost to 2-h swords vs 1-h which is a huge deal when you are the point of game i am at. Not to mention, this has a horrible affect on people who liberated their weapons for 1-h. There should be no change in Final dmg boost for have 2h swords vs 1-h and let players decide for themselves which aesthetic suits their gameplay. a conversion between1-h and 2-h sword is fine, but how does nexon address the 22* terminus shield thats primed for many end game heros?
  • kmonkmon
    Reactions: 700
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2021
    One way to solve this is just to raise the base stats of Terminus defender to make it stronger or have some sort of unique ability. The issue I see here is that the shield is more expensive and difficult to make. So it's not fair to have 2h sword + secondary, which are easier to obtain and less expensive to have better damage outputs than something that is more expensive and harder to make.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2021
    KMS increased the weapon multiplier for 1h by about 4%, in a later patch.
    This, along with the fact that 1h Hero/Paladins no longer need AS+1 inner ability, and can therefore use that line for something else (like more %boss), serves to keep the balance between 1h and 2h.