[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Best monster level to gain most EXP ?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited May 2021 in General Chat
I have seen a few mentions online that you gain most experience by fighting monsters at *exactly* your level.

Is that really the case? Or is it juts monsters withing 10 or 20 levels of your own?

If I can 1HK monsters a few levels below me, but can only 2HK at exactly my level, would I be best going for the 1HK monsters in terms of EXP/hour?

Comments

• MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited May 2021
    Mawg wrote: »
    I have seen a few mentions online that you gain most experience by fighting monsters at *exactly* your level.

I believe this will be added soon with the many changes they are doing in KMS.

About the HK, lets go with an example:

1 HK to kill a monster that gives 100 exp and is 5 levels below VS 2 HK to kill a monster that gives 150 exp. If you have to use 4 hits to kill 2 mobs to receive a total of 300 exp, you could use these 4 hits to kill 4 mobs that give you 100exp each for a total of 400 exp.

OF COURSE there will be many factors like which map you are on, if this map is good for your class (vertical, plataforms, etc), if the respawn in this map is good (believe me, not all maps are the same, even if they say they are).

This is just some ideas to think about when chosing your best maps.
    Mawg
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2021
    https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Formulas#Level_Difference
    You do get a 20% base exp bonus for fighting monsters within one level of your own.
    However, as MapleSapo pointed out, if you can only get in half as many kills per hour (either because of requiring 2 hits to kill them, or because the map's terrain or spawn are bad), then that's not worth it.

The game provides us with the Battle Analysis system, which among its other uses can also help find the most efficient place to train. Simply run Battle Analysis for 15 minutes at each map you're considering using, and see which one gives you the most exp.
    MawgMapleSapo
  • DarkPhxDarkPhx
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2021
    OK....I am trying to figure out what monsters are the best to fight at level 95 to get soul enchanters to drop so I can try to get a soul weapon....so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks