[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

'Gag/Joke' weapon types

DevilsbishopDevilsbishop
Reactions: 1,170
edited May 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So potentially to change equips like frying pan newspaper sword etc etc to they're own unique weapon type as 'gag/joke' weapon with the effect of being anvil'able to all weapon types for new classes that don't have many bar the ones they're released with like Adele, Hoyoung, Path finder, Kain etc etc
JettLuvsU

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2021
    Might be easier to make cash versions of them that are able to be equipped over any weapon.
    Definitely would be nice to have!
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited May 2021
    JettLuvsU wrote: »
    Might be easier to make cash versions of them that are able to be equipped over any weapon.
    Definitely would be nice to have!

CS items expire..I wouldn't pay for cover equips that expire. Anvils are permanent. I'm not sure if being able to anvil, lets say a cool polearm over a sword would be possible due to character animation when using the skills of the specific class you playing.
    But I agree that they should add more fun equipments to the game, things of all kinds of levels (not only high level content like they are doing now).
    I feel like Nexon only cares about 200+ content now..

Also they keep deleting content! I wanted to anvil (on reboot) the Elemental Staff level 163 and they removed its drop from the game. I wanted to get spectrum goggles and they are not obtainable on reboot because they removed CWKPQ.. They removed bone helm from Alphonse Green quest too... many cool stuff we could anvil are not obtainable anymore, and they don't even add new cool stuff for this purpose.

I would love to see old equipments come back, even if on NPC stores, and along with those they could add new ones that fit other classes like you said.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2021
    MapleSapo wrote: »
    CS items expire..I wouldn't pay for cover equips that expire. Anvils are permanent. I'm not sure if being able to anvil, lets say a cool polearm over a sword would be possible due to character animation when using the skills of the specific class you playing.

They can make CS versions that don't expire like they do with most new items nowadays. Would also solve the whole weapon incompatibility problem, too. The new versions of the gag weapons could cover any weapon since they would be made with all classes in mind AKA have sprites for multiple weapon types.
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited June 2021
    JettLuvsU wrote: »
    MapleSapo wrote: »

They can make CS versions that don't expire like they do with most new items nowadays. Would also solve the whole weapon incompatibility problem, too. The new versions of the gag weapons could cover any weapon since they would be made with all classes in mind AKA have sprites for multiple weapon types.

I get what you say. Would be cool I think. But a lot of work on each weapon would be necessary in order to fit every class. But the idea is basically new nx weapons that are gag/jokes.
  • KezrauxKezraux
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited June 2021
    There are already at least 50, maybe even 100 NX weapon covers that aren't actual weapons. Nexon would never add a completely separate weapon type just for pseudo-NX items.