[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Changes on Death Penalty

MapleSapoMapleSapo
Reactions: 745
Posts: 84
Member
edited June 2021 in General Chat
So today we had this new info about the Death Penalty.. in case you don't know is this one: https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/66883/death-penalty-and-safety-charm-changes-in-v-223

Basically now if we die, instead of losing exp we will have reduced exp gain and reduced drop rate. To lift this "curse" you must buy the new Nx version of Safety Charms.

Now lets think about it... lets say you go bossing, and you die once leaving you with a few more lifes and a curse that will garantee you have your drop reduced. So even if you manage to kill the boss you will have a smaller chance to obtain the drops you are aiming for, UNLESS you buy the new Safety Charm from Cash Shop.

MAYBE i got this all wrong, and if so, please explain me how this will really work. But with the little info I found, I will have to pay to be able to have a full chance to obtain items on bosses from now on.

Comments

  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,060
    Posts: 843
    Member
    edited June 2021
    The new death penalty only applies in locations where we would lose EXP when dying prior to Neo.
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited June 2021
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    The new death penalty only applies in locations where we would lose EXP when dying prior to Neo.

    This is what I hope. I mean, I found no infos about which locations this would be applied.

    They really found a way to milk even more money from us. Imo is better losing like 10% exp uppon death instead of a penalty that would make me having to wait up to 130mins unless I pay real $ for it. And really, more than two hours of a curse?!

    And why the heck this penalty involves the drop rate?
    This is their way of cause a penalty to bots and also make money from real players.

    Of course, why should Nexon invest more money on an anti-bot system if they instead can make money with the situation?
    We got Nexoned again.
    SlyElement
  • SlyElementSlyElement
    Reactions: 970
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited June 2021
    I am starting on reboot with the new class this month. I don't think this is unreasonable, but if they are going to ask people to pay real money to bypass this then I think they should release vac pets in reboot.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,060
    Posts: 843
    Member
    edited June 2021
    MapleSapo wrote: »

    This is what I hope. I mean, I found no infos about which locations this would be applied.

    It's been proven by KMS players, and even addressed on one of Orange Mushroom's posts:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2020/12/17/kms-ver-1-2-341-maplestory-neo-signal/

    The death penalty has been changed to apply only in regular maps.

    Upon release, the penalty was also applying when players would die at bosses. It was later fixed so that it only applies in maps where you would lose EXP prior.
    MapleSapo
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited June 2021
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    MapleSapo wrote: »

    This is what I hope. I mean, I found no infos about which locations this would be applied.

    It's been proven by KMS players, and even addressed on one of Orange Mushroom's posts:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2020/12/17/kms-ver-1-2-341-maplestory-neo-signal/

    The death penalty has been changed to apply only in regular maps.

    Upon release, the penalty was also applying when players would die at bosses. It was later fixed so that it only applies in maps where you would lose EXP prior.

    Thank you for clearing things. Nexon should be more clear about things they they post them. We shouldn't need to get info on a kms player blog.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,140
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited June 2021
    You know... Another popular MMORPG (not sure I can mention the name here) has had something similar for years, it's called Resurrection Sickness.
  • Me2UMe2U
    Reactions: 1,350
    Posts: 77
    Member
    edited June 2021
    so how much are they going to give to the people who bought the perm safety charms?