[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The number of botters has decreased

QQJEFFREYQQQQJEFFREYQQ
Reactions: 670
edited June 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello everyone!

Thanks very much for Nexon to eliminate those illegal users in MapleStory, there are definitely fewer botters in the game and more free maps for training.

First of all, I am not one of the banned players. I am a legit player who has played this game for nearly10 years and I have never been banned before. Since I need to login to this forum using my Nexon account, GM can just check my account to make sure I am speaking the truth. No one is so bored to speak up for illegal botters or hackers and it will do no good to anyone.

I am here to help the wrongfully banned players from May 17th to May 21st because they only received copy&paste answers no matter what kind of evidence and reasons they provided to Nexon. After knowing the true situation I sent a ticket to GM yesterday and explained everything. Later, I was told by GM that I could post the issues here for their reference.

So, can anyone provide specific evidence to prove that your account was wrongfully banned? If you are here standing for your friend and have not been banned, please state it clearly in your post so that GM can check your account status, thanks so much!
miracle6522corsxdSapph1reStarConiicloXxSisirisco

Comments

• corsxdcorsxd
    Reactions: 310
    I am not banned but I don't know why one of my friends was banned a few days ago. According to what I know, he is a legit player. We are pretty close and I don't think he lies to me, so I come here to support him.
    MapleBishopFan85
  • ConiicloConiiclo
    edited June 2021
    I have heard about it.
    MapleBishopFan85
  • miracle6522miracle6522
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2021
    Hey guys, I am here to support my friend. First of all, I am a legit player and have never been banned. However, a good friend of mine was banned. He is also a legit player, and he has provided evidence to Nexon, but he only received a copy and paste reply. I believe his account was wrongfully banned.
  • LiliasFloraLiliasFlora
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2021
    Hi, I'm here to speak for my guildies. We r all in Bera, and two of my good friends got banned for no reason... They r absolutely legit players, that I can assure you! They have been endgame players for a long time and cleared BM several times as well. There's no need for them to farm Mesos by macro at all..........Based on what I observed, I'm pretty sure they r not the only victims......PLZ look into this!! I am counting on them to carry me BM one day OwO
    MapleBishopFan85
  • cocofishbingcocofishbing
    Same for me, not have been banned. My friend who is a legit player has been banned on May 17th. Indeed, there are falsely banned player from May 17th to May 21st.
  • XBRXBR
    Reactions: 100
    Same thing to me, called by friends to speak for them and I am an unbanned legit player too
  • StevenAmayaStevenAmaya
    First of all I'm not banned, but If you are active in Chinese community, I do heard 5.17 had a big wrong ban wave. I know a legit friend who played for 5 years also got banned. They don't know where to speak for themselves and thanks for posting this to let those legit mapler have a chance to prove themselves.
  • PatrinickPatrinick
    Some of my friends have also been banned around that time. We are in one guild that strictly forbids third party tool botting. Since I'm close to them and I know they didn’t use any illegal tools. I’ve been playing maplestory with them in 2 years. I feel really sad and hope NX can look deep into this issue.
  • nonoroononoroo
    As a legit player,im so happy to see nexon working on the botters-decresed issue.
    However,im pretty sure there was some wrong ban-actions at the 5.17 ban wave.Some of my legit-player friends whom has been playing for years got banned.
    Please give them a chance to prove themselves.
  • LyuDawnLyuDawn
    I am a level 275 dual blade from Bera. I have spent more than 80 thousand dollars and more than four years on this game already. Last month I cleared black mage on 5/1 and then I just afk wtih my friends. Then my account was permanently banned on 5/17. No matter how I explained in the ban appeal ticket, GM refused to look into it and even warned me not to send ticket otherwise they will close my support system.

I haven't even farmed for more than half year and my account was already around 90K and 275 a long time ago. So do you really think that I have any reason to use any third-party-tool to farm some pathetic meso to enhance my stat?

Check my purchase history (more than 600 hundread pages) and my equipps plus stats at https://imgur.com/a/3rYYdXe

I am telling the truth!!!
  • IronMan2016IronMan2016
    I am one of unbanned people who come here to support my friend got out from this false ban
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2021
    First of all I'm not banned, but If you are active in Chinese community, I do heard 5.17 had a big wrong ban wave. I know a legit friend who played for 5 years also got banned. They don't know where to speak for themselves and thanks for posting this to let those legit mapler have a chance to prove themselves.

These forums are not the place to appeal bans. Only Customer Support (http://support-maplestory.nexon.net) has the ability to look into them.

However, I would like to point out that China is outside the service region for GMS https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204080189-MapleStory-Region-Limitations
    Using a VPN to circumvent the region block is a bannable offense https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000958183-Can-I-use-VPN-to-play-Nexon-games-

This may or may not be the reason your friends were banned. As I said, only Customer Support can look into the ban data.
  • QQJEFFREYQQQQJEFFREYQQ
    Reactions: 670
    edited June 2021
    [img][/img]
    AKradian wrote: »

These forums are not the place to appeal bans. Only Customer Support (http://support-maplestory.nexon.net) has the ability to look into them.

However, I would like to point out that China is outside the service region for GMS https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204080189-MapleStory-Region-Limitations
    Using a VPN to circumvent the region block is a bannable offense https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000958183-Can-I-use-VPN-to-play-Nexon-games-

This may or may not be the reason your friends were banned. As I said, only Customer Support can look into the ban data.

Many thanks for your prompt reply! Just as you said, prior to this post, I had already sent a ticket through Customer Support (http://support-maplestory.nexon.net). As a result, the GM who replied to me wanted me to share my thoughts with the community through the forums here. Thus, I have posted this thread here and see if other players have experienced the same when it comes to the recent bans.

• WindyStoryWindyStory
    edited June 2021
    I have not been super active in MS for a while but I still remember it was painful to find a map to train even in arcane river. So I am glad to see Nexon is taking actions against hackers/botters and gives back the clean game to legit players.

The other issue OP brought up is wrongful bans. There were a lot of wrongfully banned ppl at the time I was playing but the good thing is they were appealed. Recently (maybe 2-3 weeks ago), one close friend of mine told me he got banned too. I think he was one of the top level players and was unsealing the genesis weapon. He isn't the one who even macros given that he is already at the top level and able to unseal the weapon so I believe he was wrongfully banned. Also, I heard some were banned for the Spanish system, idk.

However, banning is always a big issue in all games. Hope there would be more advanced tracking systems which can shut down the botters quickly without too many wrongful bans.
  • BoniklinBoniklin
    I also feel less botters after these ban wave and think it maybe not falsely ban.
  • XxSisiriscoXxSisirisco
    Reactions: 330
    edited June 2021
    Boniklin wrote: »
    I also feel less botters after these ban wave and think it maybe not falsely ban.

On May 17th they banned a Chinese IDE software. If I were to make an analogy, it's like if a third pt tool for maple were written by Python (a programming language), then on May 17th they banned Python, and placed another ban on the third pt tool on June 3rd. So there are lots of innocent ppl banned on May 17, and I do agree that there are much fewer botters after the ban wave in June
  • BoniklinBoniklin
    edited June 2021
    Boniklin wrote: »

On May 17th they banned a Chinese IDE software. If I were to make an analogy, it's like if a third pt tool for maple were written by Python (a programming language), then on May 17th they banned Python, and placed another ban on the third pt tool on June 3rd. So there are lots of innocent ppl banned on May 17, and I do agree that there are much fewer botters after the ban wave in June

Okay, I admit you're right. I checked my chat history with my friends.It was on June 6 that we noticed the number of botters decreased.
  • XxSisiriscoXxSisirisco
    Reactions: 330
    edited June 2021
    Give it up, Nexon will not admit that this is a false ban for such a small number of players involved. They once said that the reason for ban from May 17th to 21st was botting hack, and now they claim that even a slight macroing is sufficient to lead to a permanent ban. Players know the truth but they don’t have the right to change anything. Obviously, this ban is due to the new CM Ezrabell wanting to show his/her credits to this community. Even if a few of you have been banned after playing maplestory for several years, no one cares.
  • xiaojixiaoji
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2021
    Previously the bans for those suicide Kannas are pretty much the same thing. Everyone knows that they are false bans but Nexon just doesn't admit it. As long as the GM who made this decision has enough influence, Nexon will always put the players in second place. Everyone knows that.
  • mushroom1mushroom1
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2021
    Wait nx banned Anjian? WTF I’m a legit player never got banned, but I use it for dealing with excel spreadsheets while I work in the office....IMAGINE those who work from home with Anjian open and got banned? That’s definitely wrong!!!