[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Quick swapping unique gear is hit or miss

PoplmonPoplmon
Reactions: 850
edited June 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So, like many others, I have myself some drop and meso gear. One of the items I have as a drop item is a Kanna's Treasure, a ring that now drops from Princess No and is considered one of the best-in-slot rings, especially now that you can easily get more than one.

However, there's a small problem. I can't swap my stat KT for my drop KT without first unequipping the KT I currently have equipped. When I try to double click the KT in my inventory to swap them, I get a pop-up window saying "You can't equip two unique items" which is fair enough. However, this doesn't happen for other unique items. If you have a Dominator Pendant equipped in your primary pendant slot, you can double click another Dom you don't have equipped and they'll swap without a problem. (Fun fact, if you have a Dom in your secondary pendant slot, you'll get a weird error message when trying to equip a second!) You can't easily swap KTs regardless of what slot you have your KT equipped in, you ALWAYS have to manually unequip it first.

I understand that beggars can't be choosers so it's not up to me to decide whether they should be swappable like this or not, but I just want some friggin' consistency here. Can we hot-swap unique equips or not? Is there something special about the ring equip type that makes it hard to program which slot they swap from? Nexon, pls. (And thanks)

PS every time I log in to the forums it keeps logging me out as soon as the page reloads. IDK what's happening but please help this is awful.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2021
    If you open up both your inventory and your equip tab, you can drag and drop the rings onto the desired slots to swap them out. Double-clicking will prioritize the lowest slot, regardless of whether you have the Kanna ring selected in the item preview.
    I tested this with my Angelic Blessing rings and it seems to work just fine.
  • whatchawntwhatchawnt
    Reactions: 640
    edited June 2021
    Neospector wrote: »
    If you open up both your inventory and your equip tab, you can drag and drop the rings onto the desired slots to swap them out. Double-clicking will prioritize the lowest slot, regardless of whether you have the Kanna ring selected in the item preview.
    I tested this with my Angelic Blessing rings and it seems to work just fine.

This is not the case, if you have a Superior Gollux Ring, and you try to drag and drop another Superior Gollux Ring in its slot as a replacement, you will get the error "you can only equip 1 unique item."