[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

ALLOW OLD LEADER TO TAKE LEADER OF STOLEN GUILD

JezJez
Reactions: 1,600
edited June 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I created a guild years ago. About a year ago some other player joined this guild of mine. It wasn't his main and my char that was leader was not my main. Recently I didn't have much time for maple due to things irl. I was offline for a month on that char who was leader of the guild. When I eventually logged back in, I found that this other player had taken guild leadership from me. There was no option to get it back and my char that had been leader was demoted to initiate rank.
I was distraught, so upset, because this guild meant a lot to me.
I attempted to contact the guy who took leader. He ignored me.
I sent a ticket to nexon support, they said they could not give leadership back to me because I was offline 30 days. nexon support then told me to post on these forums....

This isn't right. This is absolutely ridiculous. nexon needs to change the function or policy so that if the original owner of a guild that was taken in their absence returns, they can get leadership back without being at the mercy of the person who took it from them.

It isn't fair to lose something you created and have had for years just because things came up irl and you were offline for a month. Maybe years... but 30 days is insanity.

Comments

• JezJez
    edited June 2021
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2021
    Invite people you trust. This was created so the guild can function when the leader is MIA or on hiatus. You cannot function on hiatus. Didn't you leave the forum?
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    why cant they make it so the original leader can take their guild back if they return? this isnt right
    my guild wasnt even active, there were no mains in it
    and just 30days till you get it stolen? come on, this is wrong
  • KezrauxKezraux
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited June 2021
    As much as it is frustrating, it's not objectively wrong, it's just how guilds function now since their major revamp not long ago.

I agree there needs to be some sort of safeguard against this kind of thing though, it doesn't really feel right to not even have the option to opt out of letting a guild member take leader status.
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021

30 days and you lose something youve had for years? 30 days isnt a long time this is asinine ... and in that time i had logged on my main, i didnt think to have to log on this other char, the guild wasnt active, there were no mains in it, it was for the name and look for certain chars
    the guy who stole it didnt do it because he had to to have the guild function, he stole it so it could be his... and nexon allowed this
    this is not right
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    and i was planning on having a kain in it to train to 200
    now i dont even feel like creating the char at all
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2021
    My leader of an old guild I had was gone for 4 years. I don't think he deserved it back. Heck, the entire guild was absent for 4 years.
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    4 years is actually inactive
    30 days is far from inactive.... why are you trying to justify this? it is absolutely absurd
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    this is support of straight up theft
    something must be fixed here, this is wrong
    i demand acknowledgment
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    and the guy who stole my guild is intentionally ignoring me and anyone else who tries to contact him
    this its ridiculous
    why does nexon support stealing?
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    i wish nexon cared
  • Msbeginner1Msbeginner1
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited June 2021
    This is a feedback and suggestion forum, you won't get a response from Nexon here. Submit a ticket.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2021
    The feature of guild takeover was added after far too many guilds were stranded by leaders that quit the game without bothering to transfer leadership. It's not for "stealing" guilds, it's for saving them.
    The assumption was that a leader wouldn't junior someone they didn't trust.

All I can suggest is that you contact Customer Support at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net.
    Personal tip: Try to avoid cursing at them or accusing Nexon of stealing. Politeness has a better chance of getting the GM to want to help you.
    Try to show (with whatever screenshots you have) how you properly maintained the guild for years, and how this person who took over it is not beneficial to the guild.
    Good luck.
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    AKradian wrote: »
    The feature of guild takeover was added after far too many guilds were stranded by leaders that quit the game without bothering to transfer leadership. It's not for "stealing" guilds, it's for saving them.
    The assumption was that a leader wouldn't junior someone they didn't trust.

All I can suggest is that you contact Customer Support at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net.
    Personal tip: Try to avoid cursing at them or accusing Nexon of stealing. Politeness has a better chance of getting the GM to want to help you.
    Try to show (with whatever screenshots you have) how you properly maintained the guild for years, and how this person who took over it is not beneficial to the guild.
    Good luck.

it was 30 days, the guild had no mains in it, it was inactive except for me and a couple mules, i even logged on my main in that time
    i submitted a ticket and they told me they couldnt help me and to post here

it is theft, you are supporting theft, somebody took something that belonged to me and it is nexon policy to uphold this theft
    this needs to change

there needs to be an option for the original leader to take back the position if they come back at the very least
    upholding theft is unacceptable
    your response is unacceptable, the response of nexon support is unacceptable
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    This is a feedback and suggestion forum, you won't get a response from Nexon here. Submit a ticket.

i submitted a ticket, they said they couldnt help and told me to post here
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    and yes i am very angry because this is not right and the people who are supposed to prevent theft have caused theft and then refused to help me, allowing the thief to keep what he stole ...
    and i have no recourse, i get told to post on a forum which nexon wont even look at in response to my ticket... and then on the forum i get told to submit a ticket

absolutely ridiculous
  • coolflamoscoolflamos
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited June 2021
    you could ask them for it back, considering that they're active enough for you to not steal it back, but i believe it only lets the top ranks "steal" it, so, what you can do to prevent future theft of guilds is set it so that only your mules are jr.s, and give lower ranks options to add/kick people
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    yeah they are avoiding/ignoring me, it would appear they have no intention of giving it back
    and yeah
    i had no idea this was a thing back then when i ranked him up
    it really isnt fair for them to uphold him taking leader from me
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    and apparently he demoted me to initiate so i cant claim it back if he goes offline

this is awful
    I demand nexon do something about this to make it right.