[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A bit loud?

PikuPiku
Reactions: 200
I feel like the audio in this game has been overlooked for a long time now. I have all sound at the very lowest volume, and it still manages to completely drown out my music when dealing with large groups of enemies, with several attacking, damaging, and dying sound effects being played over each other, often at the same time. This can be very loud even with the lowest volume settings and simply turning down the master volume is no good as it makes the rest of the game nearly inaudible. This is definitely a quality of life suggestion but I think there's room for improvement here. I'd love to play the game with normal volume levels and enjoy the sounds of the game.

Comments

• painguinpainguin
    Reactions: 710
    edited June 2021
    To add to this I would agree. The sound balancing/mixing in this game has seemed a little lackluster lately. A key example I notice is with looping of certain tracks (Lachelein clock tower) or the absurdly loud sound effect for Shadowers assassinate. Why is that move so LOUD??? I have to lower the volume to a point where I can't hear anything else because that one skill is so much louder than the others.
  • KezrauxKezraux
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited June 2021
    Assassinate is loud because the hit sound effects are played at the exact same time and they overlap. It is a very "sudden" skill, they have already reduced the volume of it slightly as well. Same thing happens with Sonic Blow.
  • Phil898Phil898
    Reactions: 100
    And also while the other music is ok to me, the lvl up sound sounds loud, is there anyway to turn it down without turning down other music?