[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

✓ Zakum Helmet (2) and Tsuri's Zakum Helmet Quest

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited June 2021 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Item / Quest

Brief bug summary: As of v221, Zakum started dropping two different helmets, the normal one we all know about and a new one called Zakum Helmet (2). This helmet comes from a system that JapanMS doesn't have anymore, therefore it shouldn't have even made its way to GlobalMS.

zT9E8kL.png

More details:
Years ago (2006 - 2008), Zakum in JMS dropped a weaker version of the Zakum Helmet, the one you see above. There was a quest in Showa where you could talk to Tsuri, and he would send you to a special map to hunt Maladies and Wild Kargos (special quest-only versions, not the ones that would spawn normally). Once complete, it would be enhanced to Zakum Helmet (3), a 6 all stat variant. This quest was removed long ago, and can no longer be done in JMS, even if you still have a Zakum Helmet (2).

Fast forward to March 2021, and with the Showa revamp in GMS, Zakum is now dropping the normal Zakum Helmet as well as Zakum Helmet (2). This quest was not revived in JMS, nor does Zakum drop Helmet 2 in JMS anymore as far as I've seen. As a result, we are now able to start that quest from Tsuri in Showa:

Du79Nto.png

However, Tsuri does not send you to the special map to hunt Maladies and Wild Kargos (spelled as Cargos), making this quest impossible to complete.

3KgVLA0.png

TL;DR: Zakum Helmet (2) should not drop as it's a relic from long ago, and the Upgrading Zakum Armor quest should be disabled.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Hunt Zakum and pick up a Zakum Helmet (2)
2. Talk to Tsuri in Showa (must be 160+) and accept the Upgrading Zakum Armor quest. You will not be able to proceed further since he doesn't send you to the map to hunt Maladies and Wild Cargos.

Character name: GreenGales

Character level: 257 (applies to anyone though)

Character job: Wind Archer (applies to any class though)

World name: Bera (applies to any world though)

Date and time of the incident: March 13, 2021 at 2:00 AM UTC (10 PM Eastern Time)
DaRealSheepLaudier

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited March 2021
    Fixed as of the latest minor patch.
    Ghiblee
  • LaudierLaudier
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited June 2021
    sorry for necroposting but i just want to say that your knowledge of maple history is astounding. how did you find that video?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited June 2021
    Laudier wrote: »
    sorry for necroposting but i just want to say that your knowledge of maple history is astounding. how did you find that video?

I found the Japanese name for the "Upgrading Zakum Armor" quest, which is "ジャクムの兜アップグレード". I looked it up on Youtube and found that video, and asked a couple JMS players who told me that the quest was long gone.
    Laudier