[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

ALLOW OLD LEADER TO TAKE LEADER OF STOLEN GUILD

Comments

• JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited June 2021
    will nexon have some sympathy if i buy nx?
    how much nx would it cost to get nexon to care?
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    this isn't right, why cant nexon support give my guild back? why would they uphold this theft? how are they so unsympathetic?
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    nexon complicit in theft and wont even attempt to rectify it, instead try to send me in circles
    why are they so resistant to helping a victim?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Please stop spamming, it's just a game and there's no need to take it so seriously. The system was designed to allow for active guild members to replace inactive guild leaders, as pointed out before.

Ultimately, if Nexon support cannot help and you cannot convince the current leader to restore your privileges, it's probably best to simply cut your losses and join/create a new guild. Spamming comments and lashing out is not going to help.
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    why are you people so resistant to helping someone who was stolen from?
    i had no idea a junior could steal my guild and i created the guild many years ago before guild stealing was a thing. it isnt fair that you keep saying the system is there to help when it obviously caused a problem that left me robbed
    why does nobody care about this?

and nexon support told me to post here in hopes that somebody who can do something will get wind of the problem
    i think this is a ridiculous method too, they should contact these people directly because they are support and that should be their job
    i dont understand why there is no actual communication channel to address such horrible oversights that have resulted in a long time players loss
    you need to care, not just try to tell me to shut up
    this isnt right
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited June 2021
    coolflamos wrote: »
    you could ask them for it back, considering that they're active enough for you to not steal it back, but i believe it only lets the top ranks "steal" it, so, what you can do to prevent future theft of guilds is set it so that only your mules are jr.s, and give lower ranks options to add/kick people

And what if he's a very meanie and bad person....?
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Invite people you trust. This was created so the guild can function when the leader is MIA or on hiatus. You cannot function on hiatus. Didn't you leave the forum?

But just after 30 days? are you kidding me?
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited June 2021
    AKradian wrote: »
    The feature of guild takeover was added after far too many guilds were stranded by leaders that quit the game without bothering to transfer leadership. It's not for "stealing" guilds, it's for saving them.
    The assumption was that a leader wouldn't junior someone they didn't trust.

All I can suggest is that you contact Customer Support at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net.
    Personal tip: Try to avoid cursing at them or accusing Nexon of stealing. Politeness has a better chance of getting the GM to want to help you.
    Try to show (with whatever screenshots you have) how you properly maintained the guild for years, and how this person who took over it is not beneficial to the guild.
    Good luck.

But why 30 days though? and what if I'm going to take a vacation that's like 30 days or almost 30 days? 30 days is just a very very bad decision in my humble opinion.
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    But why 30 days though? and what if I'm going to take a vacation that's like 30 days or almost 30 days? 30 days is just a very very bad decision in my humble opinion.
    It is asinine. I even logged on my other characters during that period, just not the leader of this guild.
    And the guy who stole it demoted me to initiate so I wont even be able to take it back if he goes absent for 30 days.
    nexon needs to fix this

• JezJez
    edited June 2021
    This is so frustrating, why isn't there a channel to actually resolve issues like this?
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2021
    Jez is not wrong, the 30 day period is a major problem. I'm not comfortable with that being a feature.
    The only work-around seems to be along the lines of either not having any Jrs. at all or if that doesn't work we have to kick every member just to go on hiatus? It's not even reasonable. When they did the IGN sweep event they considered players that were inactive something along the lines of not playing since 2015 and being under Lv.35 yet for a guild Leader it's 30 days? That makes no sense at all. For some people 30 days is a vacation + quarantine and your 30 days are already up given the current circumstances.

Unfortunately I do not believe they can help you resolve it; however, I would highly suggest trying to request a guild name sweep for Lv.1 guilds that are inactive as of 'x' year(s) as an example. This might free up good guild names for you at least and might be a good way to start up a guild? If the Jrs. completely took over your guild and refuse to give it back maybe poach the older members you are close to. If enough leave it might convince the rest to move over.
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    there are no active members really in the guild besides me and one other guy and the guy who stole it and its all mules, most of the members went inactive years ago, theres only 16 in all
    i just had it for the name on a few of my chars for their look, i have had it for years, the guy who stole it took it because he wanted to have it for the same reasons i did
    i was eventually going to build it, i got it to lvl 4 by myself
    i dont want a differnt name, i want this one, it has to be this one
    i created it years ago and it is mine
    nexon has the ability to fix this issue that they caused
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2021
    Sorrow wrote: »
    Jez is not wrong, the 30 day period is a major problem. I'm not comfortable with that being a feature.
    The only work-around seems to be along the lines of either not having any Jrs. at all or if that doesn't work we have to kick every member just to go on hiatus? It's not even reasonable. When they did the IGN sweep event they considered players that were inactive something along the lines of not playing since 2015 and being under Lv.35 yet for a guild Leader it's 30 days? That makes no sense at all. For some people 30 days is a vacation + quarantine and your 30 days are already up given the current circumstances.

Unfortunately I do not believe they can help you resolve it; however, I would highly suggest trying to request a guild name sweep for Lv.1 guilds that are inactive as of 'x' year(s) as an example. This might free up good guild names for you at least and might be a good way to start up a guild? If the Jrs. completely took over your guild and refuse to give it back maybe poach the older members you are close to. If enough leave it might convince the rest to move over.

A lowly low rank with virtually 0 contribution can take over the guild if the whole guild is long enough. PROOF: My Kinesis mule took over a guild when it has been deserted for 4 years.
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    s
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

A lowly low rank with virtually 0 contribution can take over the guild if the whole guild is long enough. PROOF: My Kinesis mule took over a guild when it has been deserted for 4 years.

so, since im gonna be offline for a month or so again, im gonna have to delete everyone from my active guild just to be safe
    good job nexon, what a quality product

its absolutely mind boggling that they don't think the original leader/creator has a right to the leadership position if they return from a 30 day absence... and that they didn't even consider this when implementing the stealing function
    this makes no sense to me, so frikken absurd
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    i suspect they are so against helping me because, come to find out, the guy who stole my guild is a prominent player with lots of high level characters, multiple accounts, and spends tons of $ on nx

ugh
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited June 2021
    Not saying i don't sympathize with you, but it looks like this was covered in the RISE update [v.214] in 2020. From the patch notes:

"If the Guild Leader is on a long absence of 30 days or more, the responsibility and permissions can be delegated to another guild member."

"If the Guild Leader is absent, the highest ranking guild member can become the Guild Leader. "

"Added notice that explains that 'if a guild leader has been absent for a long time, the permission to change the guild leader will be given to the guild members in order according to the ranks'."

If anything, i guess this is just a tough reminder to keep up to date with the patches : /

edit: apologies if i misunderstood the thread, at first i thought you didn't understand why it happened. but i see now its more that you disagree with the 30 days being the cut off date? 30 days does seem somewhat short for such a drastic measure. What would be the better solution though for inactive leaders? longer exemption time?
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    happycows wrote: »
    Not saying i don't sympathize with you, but it looks like this was covered in the RISE update [v.214] in 2020. From the patch notes:

"If the Guild Leader is on a long absence of 30 days or more, the responsibility and permissions can be delegated to another guild member."

"If the Guild Leader is absent, the highest ranking guild member can become the Guild Leader. "

"Added notice that explains that 'if a guild leader has been absent for a long time, the permission to change the guild leader will be given to the guild members in order according to the ranks'."

If anything, i guess this is just a tough reminder to keep up to date with the patches : /

edit: apologies if i misunderstood the thread, at first i thought you didn't understand why it happened. but i see now its more that you disagree with the 30 days being the cut off date? 30 days does seem somewhat short for such a drastic measure. What would be the better solution though for inactive leaders? longer exemption time?

well at first i didnt understand because when i made the guy jr i had no idea that he could potentially steal the guild and i had created the guild years ago well before that update

and yes,i disagree with the 30 day period of absence resulting in loss of leadership with no recourse to get it back if you return after 30 days
    nexon should never have implemented this stealing function without having protected the original leader by, preventing the leader from being demoted beyond jr, preventing the leader from being able to be kicked by the new leader, allowing the original leader to take back leadership if they return.
    i cant understand why nexon did not consider the original leaders rights and feelings at all when implementing and upholding this "feature"
  • MeatMeat
    Reactions: 715
    edited June 2021
    It isn't theft because the guild never belonged to you; it has always belonged to Nexon. You have no rights. You can submit your feedback but I think you'll have to take the L at this point.

• JezJez
    edited June 2021
    it is theft, your technicality doesnt negate that
    if you get scammed out of meso or items it is still theft

• KezrauxKezraux
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited June 2021
    Nexon is not going to do anything about it, sorry. Nothing is objectively wrong, you are just taking it way too harshly. Someone in a guild where the leader went inactive chose to acquire the lead position. That's just how guilds work now.
  • JezJez
    edited June 2021
    Kezraux wrote: »
    Nexon is not going to do anything about it, sorry. Nothing is objectively wrong, you are just taking it way too harshly. Someone in a guild where the leader went inactive chose to acquire the lead position. That's just how guilds work now.

yeah thats how they work now but it wasnt how they worked when i created the guild and i had no idea stealing was allowed when i made this guy jr. i would never have made him jr if i had known.
    this is not fair
    nexon should return ownership of the guild, i was only offline on that char for 30 days i was on other chars.
    this is not right, they know its not right, you know its not right