[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

(Suggestion) Link Manager/Link skill

tylerthebesttylerthebest
Reactions: 640
edited June 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So i see that there is going to be a new class coming out probably around winter time we have so so so so many link skills at this point why can we only use 12 when we have over 30 at a time we should be able to use more of them at a time. I also think we should have quick slots or save slots for link management. So a example would be I want to use link skills on another class so the class that already has link skills it gets saved in like a quick slot in the link manager so you use other class with link skills and when you go back to other class that already had the link skills instead of them going away they are saved on a quick slot to bring them back.
MapleSapo

Comments

• happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited June 2021
    i think 12 is pretty reasonable at one given time, they can already provide huge boosts to whatever your goal is at the time [bossing or training, etc. ] i think allowing more could be too op.

Related to your second point, quick slots would def. be cool. Also, i think allowing us to transfer over link skills between characters should at least be more than twice per day. i feel like if the player has put in the work for the link skill, that we should at least be able to toggle them around more in one day.
  • tylerthebesttylerthebest
    edited June 2021
    happycows wrote: »
    i think 12 is pretty reasonable at one given time, they can already provide huge boosts to whatever your goal is at the time [bossing or training, etc. ] i think allowing more could be too op.

Related to your second point, quick slots would def. be cool. Also, i think allowing us to transfer over link skills between characters should at least be more than twice per day. i feel like if the player has put in the work for the link skill, that we should at least be able to toggle them around more in one day.

I think if you see that as a problem they could just limit what link skills can be used like you can only have so much as a % to a stat if that's a issue in my opinion so you can add other link skills that don't really make it a problem. I believe they're working on the whole transfer on link management for the whole two times a day making it where you spend mesos to transfer more then two times a day.
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    edited June 2021
    I would like to leave my idea about Link Skills tab if you don't mind.
    Imo there is no reason behind the need of transfering a link skill to another character. We now have the limit of two transfers, and this will change to four with extra transfers costing mesos. Why there is a limit anyway? It is pointless. So my idea would remove the limits, and allow us to use whatever link skills we want to use in our characters within the same world at the same time, keeping the limit of twelve link skills per character. If you want to change them you press "unlink" and assign something else. This would cut the pain it is when you have to re-assign every link skill set on a character, specially when we have tons of characters to play, such as leveling mules, farming character, bossing character, etc, etc.
    To see how bad this situation is, I had to write down every set I use to the character I play (My main, a farming character, and a few mules) so I don't have to re-think everything every single time I need to apply link skills to them.

Example with some link skills (if I wasnt very clear): Character One: Mercedes, AB, DA, Mage Explorer links. Character Two: Mercedes, DA, DS, Thief Explorer. - All at the same time!

Your idea of having save slots is great, but if they just allow us to have them at the same time in different characters it would not be necessary creating a whole new option. Anyway, I don't see the bad point on allowing us to use the same link skill on different characters at the same time. If there is one, please someone explain it to me.
    edited June 2021
    MapleSapo wrote: »
    I would like to leave my idea about Link Skills tab if you don't mind.
    Imo there is no reason behind the need of transfering a link skill to another character. We now have the limit of two transfers, and this will change to four with extra transfers costing mesos. Why there is a limit anyway? It is pointless. So my idea would remove the limits, and allow us to use whatever link skills we want to use in our characters within the same world at the same time, keeping the limit of twelve link skills per character. If you want to change them you press "unlink" and assign something else. This would cut the pain it is when you have to re-assign every link skill set on a character, specially when we have tons of characters to play, such as leveling mules, farming character, bossing character, etc, etc.
    To see how bad this situation is, I had to write down every set I use to the character I play (My main, a farming character, and a few mules) so I don't have to re-think everything every single time I need to apply link skills to them.

Example with some link skills (if I wasnt very clear): Character One: Mercedes, AB, DA, Mage Explorer links. Character Two: Mercedes, DA, DS, Thief Explorer. - All at the same time!

Your idea of having save slots is great, but if they just allow us to have them at the same time in different characters it would not be necessary creating a whole new option. Anyway, I don't see the bad point on allowing us to use the same link skill on different characters at the same time. If there is one, please someone explain it to me.

Yeah I don't really know the reason to why its limited it really doesn't make since to me at all. In my opinion if we are limited to 12 why bother having all theses link skills there are a lot of skills that help you with training more then 12 same with bosses that is why I think there should be more then 12 also they're going to keep bring out new classes so even more of a reason to have more then 12. link skills at a time.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited June 2021
    Link skills should be at least half the current number of classes. 12 is too low.
    tylerthebest
    edited June 2021
    pepe wrote: »
    Link skills should be at least half the current number of classes. 12 is too low.

It really should I mean not all but there is also a few people who only go for the main link skills and then they stop so more of a reason to make us able to use more link skills so it makes more people want to go for other link skills.