[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Spawn Booster Removal

RogueBloodRogueBlood
Reactions: 1,480
edited July 2021 in General Chat
So I heard that another MS server is planning to gradually remove spawn boosting skills (i.e. Frenzy).

Just wanted to know how soon GMS plan to do the same?

EDIT:

Obviously they've already started by removing the means to obtain new frenzy totems (legitimately) and by nerfing Kanna's Kishin skill.

I meant how soon will they start to remove/disable spawn boosting completely?

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited July 2021
    The only thing that is confirmed is that spawn booster cannot be used in lv 300+ areas in the future, it is still usable in area below lv 300.

There are no other known plans by other version of Maple Story to nerf spawn booster (cause their version was already nerfed to the grave many years ago, and when GMS accidently got their same version, the nerf was reverted).
    darik
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2021
    Rexaar wrote: »
    The only thing that is confirmed is that spawn booster cannot be used in lv 300+ areas in the future, it is still usable in area below lv 300.

There are no other known plans by other version of Maple Story to nerf spawn booster (cause their version was already nerfed to the grave many years ago, and when GMS accidently got their same version, the nerf was reverted).

That's a bit outdated now, since JapanMS boosted Kishin once again with the 2019 Kanna revamp. As of the time I write this, JapanMS and GlobalMS have the same Kishin. MapleSEA's is slightly better (I think?), while ChinaMS and TaiwanMS removed Kishin's spawn boost many years ago and replaced it with a 10% EXP boost for Kanna only.