[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Starforcing for GMS needs to change

Win4WinWin4Win
Reactions: 950
edited July 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I was going through the Maplestory reddit and I came across this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/obkche/my_maplestory_is_so_bad_i_am_a_reboot_server/

This person spent 846 billion mesos on starforcing and still at 17 star arcane equips.

In KMS, starforce prices are halved. In KMS this would've costed 423 billion mesos, that other 423 billion mesos probably would've got him to 22 star.
When people say "GMS has totems, it's okay" you need to understand KMS servers have better natural spawn rates than us and GMS players don't have totems 24/7.
If you want to know the actual numbers for mesos gains between GMS and KMS, please watch Nox's video.

Something needs to change.

Btw, 846 billion mesos is like 2.5 years of mesos farming on a non-kanna class.
darik

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2021
    Even though I agree that Star Force costs should be reduced, the statement about KMS having better spawn rates than GMS was debunked before; without spawn enhancers it's nearly identical, with the difference in ping making a negligible difference.
    Beef
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited July 2021
    GMS lag very hard so you notice the spawn wave very slow. Sad there are known channels for higher rates and trash channel to avoid in Reboot.
    darik
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2021
    As a more casual player I can definitely agree that most of my mesos come from daily/weekly bosses and ursus.

Balancing everything around endgame droprate and meso gear as well as training with the best totems all the time is just ridiculous. When 5th job came out, the same could be said about nodestone droprates. Players with lots of droprate got a ton of them, and new players got nothing.

People shouldn't have to create a kanna to get best meso rates, and the game devs themselves acknowledge this by banning players in the past that were dying on their meso farming kanna repeatedly to stay within level range of the best early game meso farming spots.

Even if it costs 1.5x compared to kms it still wouldn't be great for casual players since they get most of their exp and meso from dailies and events rather than farming. Maaaayyybe if you also increased Power Crystals and Ursus by 1.5x then it'd be balanced to have it at 1.5x cost for SF, but still it seems most fair to just have SF be the same cost as the other servers.

As the video states, Other servers that also have totems do not have this increased cost, we shouldn't either
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2021
    xMrMeow wrote: »
    As a more casual player I can definitely agree that most of my mesos come from daily/weekly bosses and ursus.

Balancing everything around endgame droprate and meso gear as well as training with the best totems all the time is just ridiculous. When 5th job came out, the same could be said about nodestone droprates. Players with lots of droprate got a ton of them, and new players got nothing.

People shouldn't have to create a kanna to get best meso rates, and the game devs themselves acknowledge this by banning players in the past that were dying on their meso farming kanna repeatedly to stay within level range of the best early game meso farming spots.

Even if it costs 1.5x compared to kms it still wouldn't be great for casual players since they get most of their exp and meso from dailies and events rather than farming. Maaaayyybe if you also increased Power Crystals and Ursus by 1.5x then it'd be balanced to have it at 1.5x cost for SF, but still it seems most fair to just have SF be the same cost as the other servers.

As the video states, Other servers that also have totems do not have this increased cost, we shouldn't either

The sad thing is that if youre a casual player you can forget about even getting close to end game or late game.