[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Provide information about items acquisition

YacyYacy
Reactions: 1,565
edited March 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Greeting,

At a first glance :
We used to be able to get various OG items from monster drops, trade quests, and NPC crafting. For example, you have Transparent Claw, Tiger Paw, Bandanas, Korean Fan, Yellow Adventurer Cape (Showa trade quest), Facestompers (NLC craft from an NPC). Only, around GMS's 15th anniversary, players have started to notice that all of these were gone!

At a second glance :
Last month, I’ve fallen on a Reddit thread talking about how to get OG bandanas. In the thread, a level 16x Citizen (Edelstein beginner) from a regular server was explaining how he got a blue bandana drop from low-level orange mushrooms. In the same thread, another person confirmed how they also got different colors of bandanas from snails and other low-level monsters with their explorer beginner. The thread also mentioned how you could get other OG items but again as beginners only.

As a Reboot player, I decided to try it by myself, and I successfully got a yellow bandana from an Edelstein low-level map with a Citizen. I then got my main leeched by a Citizen and successfully got 3 bandanas.

da440904afc8cd4ec4b36fd9b11152a5.png

Only my main cannot get said items by itself. So these OG items seem class-locked…

At a third glance :
Today, I got back into my Windia (now Aurora) DB to try some NX I have there. It’s a level 38 character. I was killing some Octopus near Kerning City and then… I got a red bandana drop. This within 2 minutes or so.

1b2bd4f4e90e60c47e924ed261413528.png

So I then started to think. Weren’t OG items class-locked? The only reports of such drops are from this beginner's Reddit thread. People were even pretty hyped when they discovered this, so we would long know if they would drop for any class. After all, people always make new characters for Legion or Link Skills.

So I went back to my main in Reboot which is a Night Lord. I’ve farmed at the same map for I don’t know how long but got nothing. My main has maximum drop rate + familiar. My Aurora DB has nothing.

a0632085a53b97614df816931c7caaf1.png

So now, knowing this and how Nexon's income from Reboot is based on NX items, I am starting to make some really unpleasant theories in my head.

And the wipe of OG items seems to continue because with the Ninja Castle recent change, 1 of the merchants in front of the castle is gone (bye-bye Shinobi Bracer, etc.).

Nexon has recently apologized to its players because of its lack of transparency and because of its rigged system. So I am asking you, can you please provide answers to all of this?

- Why did Nexon remove OG items from monster drops?
- Why did Nexon remove OG items from the trade quests?
- Why did Nexon remove OG items from NPC crafting?
- Are some items really class-locked?
- What is the logic behind item drop in MapleStory?
- Are regular servers and Reboot not equal in terms of item drops (except for bosses drop, because it has been already confirmed by Nexon)?
- Can we have the real numbers behind item drops or item acquisition?

The situation, the way it is right now, it's quite annoying because you never know if you're wasting your time or no. Last summer, I was looking for the Yellow Adventurer cape it was said online that you can get it via the Showa Trade quest. I've asked Nexon via tickets if the Yellow Adventurer cape is still obtainable. After insistence from my side and investigations on Nexon's side, they finally answered me that yes, the cape is still obtainable in Reboot. But they categorically refuse to tell me where I can get it. They told me to discuss it in their official forum and in their official Discord. Trust me, I've tried this before, after, and ever much more than just that. I've farmed over 50k Ghost Hairbands for the Showa Trade quest and I got nothing. At this point, I could not even know if I was wasting my time or no. Like what's going on? I find the situation in the game really frustrating for players.
Klara

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Reboot specifically makes it so that only items for your class drop, since you can't trade and items outside your class are useless to you. This has been the case since Reboot was created, although for a brief period after the Masteria Through Time update it was bugged and items were dropping outside of player classes.

Unless this was changed, or is still bugged, this should be the case.
    Yacy
  • A6oveA6ove
    Reactions: 700
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2021
    Yacy wrote: »
    Greeting,

At a first glance :
    We used to be able to get various OG items from monster drops, trade quests, and NPC crafting. For example, you have Transparent Claw, Tiger Paw, Bandanas, Korean Fan, Yellow Adventurer Cape (Showa trade quest), Facestompers (NLC craft from an NPC). Only, around GMS's 15th anniversary, players have started to notice that all of these were gone!

At a second glance :
    Last month, I’ve fallen on a Reddit thread talking about how to get OG bandanas. In the thread, a level 16x Citizen (Edelstein beginner) from a regular server was explaining how he got a blue bandana drop from low-level orange mushrooms. In the same thread, another person confirmed how they also got different colors of bandanas from snails and other low-level monsters with their explorer beginner. The thread also mentioned how you could get other OG items but again as beginners only.

As a Reboot player, I decided to try it by myself, and I successfully got a yellow bandana from an Edelstein low-level map with a Citizen. I then got my main leeched by a Citizen and successfully got 3 bandanas.

da440904afc8cd4ec4b36fd9b11152a5.png

Only my main cannot get said items by itself. So these OG items seem class-locked…

At a third glance :
    Today, I got back into my Windia (now Aurora) DB to try some NX I have there. It’s a level 38 character. I was killing some Octopus near Kerning City and then… I got a red bandana drop. This within 2 minutes or so.

1b2bd4f4e90e60c47e924ed261413528.png

So I then started to think. Weren’t OG items class-locked? The only reports of such drops are from this beginner's Reddit thread. People were even pretty hyped when they discovered this, so we would long know if they would drop for any class. After all, people always make new characters for Legion or Link Skills.

So I went back to my main in Reboot which is a Night Lord. I’ve farmed at the same map for I don’t know how long but got nothing. My main has maximum drop rate + familiar. My Aurora DB has nothing.

a0632085a53b97614df816931c7caaf1.png

So now, knowing this and how Nexon's income from Reboot is based on NX items, I am starting to make some really unpleasant theories in my head.

And the wipe of OG items seems to continue because with the Ninja Castle recent change, 1 of the merchants in front of the castle is gone (bye-bye Shinobi Bracer, etc.).

Nexon has recently apologized to its players because of its lack of transparency and because of its rigged system. So I am asking you, can you please provide answers to all of this?

- Why did Nexon remove OG items from monster drops?
    - Why did Nexon remove OG items from the trade quests?
    - Why did Nexon remove OG items from NPC crafting?
    - Are some items really class-locked?
    - What is the logic behind item drop in MapleStory?
    - Are regular servers and Reboot not equal in terms of item drops (except for bosses drop, because it has been already confirmed by Nexon)?
    - Can we have the real numbers behind item drops or item acquisition?

The situation, the way it is right now, it's quite annoying because you never know if you're wasting your time or no. Last summer, I was looking for the Yellow Adventurer cape it was said online that you can get it via the Showa Trade quest. I've asked Nexon via tickets if the Yellow Adventurer cape is still obtainable. After insistence from my side and investigations on Nexon's side, they finally answered me that yes, the cape is still obtainable in Reboot. But they categorically refuse to tell me where I can get it. They told me to discuss it in their official forum and in their official Discord. Trust me, I've tried this before, after, and ever much more than just that. I've farmed over 50k Ghost Hairbands for the Showa Trade quest and I got nothing. At this point, I could not even know if I was wasting my time or no. Like what's going on? I find the situation in the game really frustrating for players.

What monster dropped the black bandana?