[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Explain yourselves right now: Boss cubes

Penguinz0Penguinz0
Reactions: 3,220
edited July 2021 in Rants and Raves
"Cube and Rebirth Flame items that used to drop at a low rate from boss monsters have been removed as well. We'll be sure to provide you with a more appropriate experience when revamping the boss reward."

Exactly how is cube rewards from boss monsters were considered "inappropriate" and what the hell do you mean by "more appropriate experience" for boss reward revamp???? More appropriate as in "yeah we don't want to give players good stuff and decided trashier drops were more appropriate" or are you actually going to improve and give better rewards? And is this boss reward revamp going to come with the patch tomorrow or is this something that is still "in progress"? If it is something "still in progress" then why would you delete cube rewards first before the reward revamp is even ready? Oh just suckle on your thumbs with boss rewards before we come back with boss reward revamp in 2025, is that what you devs are telling the players to do?? I legit cannot believe that after rigging the flames and cube potentials, the next thing they decide to do is delete cube rewards, and the only comment to address it is "we'll provide more appropriate experience when revamping the boss rewards." This is a huge deal for a lot of players and they just dump like this on the player base without giving any more details. This is the kind of that you need to address in your memos and specifically talk about why you're removing it and what alternative rewards systems devs are working on to replace it. Nexon, yet again, fails to deliver on their promise to be more transparent and be more communicative to the players.

"We’re continuously working with internal teams to improve our communication."

What an actual joke of internal team. Keep saying you're studying very hard while the report card is showing all F's.
And what an absolute giant middle finger to add this to "Better Maple" section of the patch note. These devs are literally sociopaths
WONDERGUY

Comments

• BostonGeorgeBostonGeorge
    Reactions: 830
    edited July 2021
    That is right brother preach the truth :)
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2021
    And I see good ol crusty VFM Neo is still moving legit concerns to rants and raves. Nice~
    WONDERGUY
  • PhantomErevePhantomEreve
    Reactions: 1,105
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2021
    Nexon America has shown they do not play the game themselves, do not have the balls to challenge their Korean overlords, and will forever apply the pro-gamer move of "transparency" to quell the PR nightmare of the Global Server player base.

I thought Americans were supposed to be exceptional but even China's , Taiwan's, Japan's, and SEA's content creation/balance teams have more agency than Nexon America/Global.
    WONDERGUY
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited July 2021
    Really disappointed with the decision to remove cubes from daily bosses. i was optimistic that the drop rates from elite monsters would be better than KMS, but after spending a few hours grinding yesterday, i can confirm they are absolute garbage. This really hurts reg players like myself who refuse to purchase cubes from the cash shop.

i don't understand why they want to punish reg players like this. The argument that "its to be more in line with kms" makes no sense to me. if they want to be more in line with KMS, why would we have Gollux, Kanna, Frenzy totems, familiars, etc. ?

As for the developer comments in the patch notes: "We'll be sure to provide you with a more appropriate experience when revamping the boss reward." At this point i am very curious what this could mean. but probably just empty promises.

This patch was really looking to be a great one, but the cube nerf ruined it for me

Edit:Upon further reflection, it seems that this is just their way of extracting even more money out of players in reg servers, by basically forcing players to purchase cash cubes, especially right before the no-cube-sale-dmt. Can't say i'm surprised, just extremely disappointed.
    WONDERGUY
  • RagRagRagRag
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited July 2021
    Actually what is affecting with this decision is the new players, the future of MapleStory is them !!

For me, developers do not study how the user interacts with the game for the first time and they make these decisions lightly.

If they think that a player is going to invest money in the first days of the game they are totally wrong because nobody invests in a product if they do not know it.
    WONDERGUY
  • Sh0wPhantomSh0wPhantom
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited July 2021
    Would appriciate any comment from game officials, about the compensation for players who had managed to kill their weekly bosses before any message about the removal of MMC and Meister cubes from the daily/weekly bosses have posted online.
    WONDERGUY
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited July 2021
    I wonder if cubes even drop from commerci bosses from voyages. I have yet to get one within 4 days after they re-added the cubes back to the other bosses. Maybe they are not reaching their expected financial earnings after all of the eternal flame/inner ability drama.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2021
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    "Cube and Rebirth Flame items that used to drop at a low rate from boss monsters have been removed as well. We'll be sure to provide you with a more appropriate experience when revamping the boss reward."

Exactly how is cube rewards from boss monsters were considered "inappropriate" and what the hell do you mean by "more appropriate experience" for boss reward revamp???? More appropriate as in "yeah we don't want to give players good stuff and decided trashier drops were more appropriate" or are you actually going to improve and give better rewards? And is this boss reward revamp going to come with the patch tomorrow or is this something that is still "in progress"? If it is something "still in progress" then why would you delete cube rewards first before the reward revamp is even ready? Oh just suckle on your thumbs with boss rewards before we come back with boss reward revamp in 2025, is that what you devs are telling the players to do?? I legit cannot believe that after rigging the flames and cube potentials, the next thing they decide to do is delete cube rewards, and the only comment to address it is "we'll provide more appropriate experience when revamping the boss rewards." This is a huge deal for a lot of players and they just dump like this on the player base without giving any more details. This is the kind of that you need to address in your memos and specifically talk about why you're removing it and what alternative rewards systems devs are working on to replace it. Nexon, yet again, fails to deliver on their promise to be more transparent and be more communicative to the players.

"We’re continuously working with internal teams to improve our communication."

What an actual joke of internal team. Keep saying you're studying very hard while the report card is showing all F's.
    And what an absolute giant middle finger to add this to "Better Maple" section of the patch note. These devs are literally sociopaths

they havent gotten it yet on kms, so its still in progress , we still got quite a few months ahead before they revamp bosses rewards