[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Feels hopeless

cheezburger85cheezburger85
Reactions: 1,190
edited August 2021 in General Chat
Hello.

There's something that I just can't understand.

I simply said to a certain friend (in Buddy Chat) how "silly" he is just the other day, and he said I shouldn't be saying this cause if someone take a SS of me saying that or other kind of words and send it to nexon, I will get chat banned.

I kinda laughed at him and said that it doesn't make any sense to get ban just cause I said "silly" or whatever, I mean, we're all over 25+ also it was in buddy chat so...

He told me that he will "prove it" to me by taking that SS now and get me chat banned, 1-2 days later I got chat banned for 30 days.
For 30 days I cann't speak in all kind of chats, including Buddy chat, Guild chat, All chat, Whispers, etc

I'm not here to ask for unban or anything like that, I know it won't happen no matter how hard I'll try.

I'm only here to share how I felt when I realized that I'm chat banned...

1. I felt backstabbed by the game/company that I've been playing for around 15 years.
2. I felt fear.... the fear to say or speak my mind in public, because I don't know what else can get me banned again.
3. I felt as if I had lost all my rights, feels very helpless and powerless, like I can't do anything about it...

Thank you for reading this, for now, since I can't speak at all and a result I'm not able to speak and make conversations with my friends, I'll be logging off for 30 days now.
Hopefully this thread will not get deleted for "certain reasons".... thank you.

Comments

• Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited August 2021
    Hello.

There's something that I just can't understand.

I simply said to a certain friend (in Buddy Chat) how "silly" he is just the other day, and he said I shouldn't be saying this cause if someone take a SS of me saying that or other kind of words and send it to nexon, I will get chat banned.

I kinda laughed at him and said that it doesn't make any sense to get ban just cause I said "silly" or whatever, I mean, we're all over 25+ also it was in buddy chat so...

He told me that he will "prove it" to me by taking that SS now and get me chat banned, 1-2 days later I got chat banned for 30 days.
    For 30 days I cann't speak in all kind of chats, including Buddy chat, Guild chat, All chat, Whispers, etc

I'm not here to ask for unban or anything like that, I know it won't happen no matter how hard I'll try.

I'm only here to share how I felt when I realized that I'm chat banned...

1. I felt backstabbed by the game/company that I've been playing for around 15 years.
    2. I felt fear.... the fear to say or speak my mind in public, because I don't know what else can get me banned again.
    3. I felt as if I had lost all my rights, feels very helpless and powerless, like I can't do anything about it...

Thank you for reading this, for now, since I can't speak at all and a result I'm not able to speak and make conversations with my friends, I'll be logging off for 30 days now.
    Hopefully this thread will not get deleted for "certain reasons".... thank you.

I feel you.
    I, for instance, was also chat banned for 30 days before, even after my ban was over, I still dont feel like I want to log on anymore...
    It's pretty crazy what's going on lately
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited August 2021
    Seriously? You seriously tempted fate like that?

Be glad you were ONLY chat banned.

Let me explain something to you, the game is not a public forum, it is Nexon's property, THEY get to decide what the rules are.

Know how when you open an account on a website and have to click a small box next to the words "I agree"? Well, try reading that sometime, it's a legal contract where you agree to abide by the rules of the site.

Don't forget, the 1st Amendment allows you to speak your mind, it does not protect you from the potential consequences of doing so.

For the record, by the way, you were NOT "speaking your mind in public", you were doing so online with a pseudonym.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited August 2021

Let me explain something to you, the game is not a public forum, it is Nexon's property, THEY get to decide what the rules are.

Know how when you open an account on a website and have to click a small box next to the words "I agree"? Well, try reading that sometime, it's a legal contract where you agree to abide by the rules of the site.

Don't forget, the 1st Amendment allows you to speak your mind, it does not protect you from the potential consequences of doing so.

For the record, by the way, you were NOT "speaking your mind in public", you were doing so online with a pseudonym.

Lmao, I hope this guy is not serious.... what in the world do you think we are? robots?
    Only robots and computers and AI (as knowing as "Artificial intelligence" can follow the rules to the maximum 100% without a single mistake.

1 of my friends said a word similar to "silly" and got chat ban for 1 year, this is absolutely out of control.
    People will just keep on quitting for being treated that way, (just like I did a little while ago), and then they'll have to shut down the game.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited August 2021

Lmao, I hope this guy is not serious.... what in the world do you think we are? robots?
    Only robots and computers and AI (as knowing as "Artificial intelligence" can follow the rules to the maximum 100% without a single mistake.

1 of my friends said a word similar to "silly" and got chat ban for 1 year, this is absolutely out of control.
    People will just keep on quitting for being treated that way, just like I did a little while ago, and then they'll have to shut down the game.

• JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited August 2021
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2021

This is the kind of guy who would act cringe edgy when it's other people, but goes absolutely ape $hit when it happens to him. Please take a shower. Your head kinda smells when you stuck it up your bum lol