[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Let Anyone Gift a Crush Ring Regardless of Gender

SorrowfulMSorrowfulM
Reactions: 1,180
edited September 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
In the 9/8 Cash Shop Update, it was originally written that "All of the below Friendship and Relationship items can now be gifted to characters regardless of the gender of the respective characters," but this was shortly removed and an update message was posted: "When this post originally went live, it was stated the below Friendship and Relationship items could be gifted regardless of character gender. This was incorrect, and we are sorry for the error."

I would like to ask why this statement was revoked and what is preventing Nexon from allowing characters of the same gender to having a Relationship ring. Is this a coding issue or a morals issue? Will characters of the same gender ever be able to wear Relationship rings? Myself and many others were excited about the change to the gender rule for Relationship rings, and we are quite disappointed that the statement was taken back. I'm sure many would agree that we would like to be able to send Relationship rings to characters of the same gender.

I would like to further extend this question to the topic of in-game same gender marriage as well. Will we ever get to have marriage between characters of the same gender?
SouriarayzorsamaChoicesAcidtongueJettLuvsU

Comments

• rayzorsamarayzorsama
    Reactions: 440
    edited September 2021
    Yes this should not even be a thing. Everyone should be able to enjoy these cash shop events regardless of orientation or gender.

Nexon is also incentivized to reverse this limitation as it will generate more revenue.
    Souria
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited September 2021
    Yea, wth Nexon. Why the gender lock?
    "Oh no two dudes with a heart between them!" Does the thought of same gender couples scare you?
    I thought we were done with the gender locked items. Hell the planetarium one is a some galaxies and stars. Oh snap! Too extreme for same couple!
    What if the person is a girl in real and just chose a male avatar or vice versa? Will it blow your mind? What then, Nexon?
    You were so close, you had it in the news then you changed it. Why? Who hurt you Nexon?
    rayzorsamaSouria
  • SouriaSouria
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited September 2021
    BIG agree- the update was kind of a spit in the face tbh. its already the bare minimum but you can't even have that. theres already smatterings of dialogue alluding to gay ppl in gms content...but no, the only real crumbs kms will give us is the crazy possessive lesbian stereotype in lucid and thats not even hard canon. were past crumbs, nexon. make a statement or shut up.
  • Exactly, Nexon need to remove gender locks=in from this. It is pointless to limit content based on gender in a fantasy game. Given upcoming compensation due to gender locking style boxes it seems like it would be a no brainer to remove any gender locked items from this game.
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited September 2021
    I guess just going to remake my character as a girl. Are you happy now, Nexon? I'm playing as a girl cause of you now. Is this what you wanted? Will this satisfy your strange desires?
    *cries in the shower*
    I'm just a boy, playing as a girl to share a ring with a girl, playing as a boy.
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited September 2021
    Change Royal Style Coupons
    Aight aight so Nexon is completely cool with crossdressing, but not same sex couples.
    Nexon. Smh