[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to properly compensate!

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,435
edited September 2021 in General Chat
This exp/drop event is not compensation whatsoever and it sucks completely. If you wanted to compensate with exp/drop then make it a full 48 hours of 2x exp/drop event instead of weird inconvenient times for everyone to congest the player base and give a terrible lag experience to all and make it impossible to find hunting maps since the window is so limited to train on.

Honestly, large bede box is significantly more valuable than this turd of "compensation".

You want something that is fair?

~ 2.5 hours worth of 2x exp coupons
~ 2.5 hours worth of 2x drop coupons
~ 100k worth of honour exp medals
~ 10 maple tour coupons
~ 10 monster park coupons
~ 60 nodestones
~ 100 selection arcane symbols

People missed about 2 days worth of training because of the issues, so give them about 2 days worth of compensation to make up for it instead of a lame and very limited 2x exp/drop event that no one asked for or want.

Comments

• SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited September 2021
    True like I also stated in my post the lag will huge - outside that the servers are just totally not stable enough for the amount that will be online seen the short time of event . And yup alot won't be able even to take part seen most used maps will be packed [ outside that some guild will hold / camp maps ] . And then last but not least I am from EU [ Netherlands ] and they think I will stay awake from 4 am till 7 am in morning just for some extra exp chance ? NO WAY !! They could have indeed make it 48 hours complete so most will might have a better chance to even enjoy the event . A large bebe box [ incl 10 coupons exp and 10 drop ]would be good enough - not need to add mp or tour coupons since we didn't lost any runs from those - u can only even run 2 x day if not have free acces to mp anyway . . The idea of event is nice but it just won't work !!
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,435
    edited September 2021
    Snicky wrote: »
    True like I also stated in my post the lag will huge - outside that the servers are just totally not stable enough for the amount that will be online seen the short time of event . And yup alot won't be able even to take part seen most used maps will be packed [ outside that some guild will hold / camp maps ] . And then last but not least I am from EU [ Netherlands ] and they think I will stay awake from 4 am till 7 am in morning just for some extra exp chance ? NO WAY !! They could have indeed make it 48 hours complete so most will might have a better chance to even enjoy the event . A large bebe box [ incl 10 coupons exp and 10 drop ]would be good enough - not need to add mp or tour coupons since we didn't lost any runs from those - u can only even run 2 x day if not have free acces to mp anyway . . The idea of event is nice but it just won't work !!

People could not play on their character(s) for 2 days, so the nodes, mesos, exp, honour exp, and symbols is for that. They would log in and instantly crash and could not do anything...
  • WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited September 2021
    Stacona wrote: »
    ~ 2.5 hours worth of 2x exp coupons
    ~ 2.5 hours worth of 2x drop coupons

The problem with regular exp coupons is that they don't stack with other coupons, whereas a proper 2x event does. If they really wanted to give people an exp event without ruining peoples' playtime with lag, they could have made a 4x exp coupon, or a unique 2x coupon that stacks with other coupons. Give it a week long expiration date to spread the load out instead of focusing it on 3 periods.

That being said, just another incentive to mindlessly grind sounds awful to me regardless, so Nexon's compensation has nothing of value to me, even if it doesn't turn out to be a laggy mess.
  • vicicruxvicicrux
    Like why would you compensate in a way that we have to meet the conditions? Nexon patched, made us waste the entire day not being able to play. Ever since goo getaway patch, there was the blessing of goo issue but gave us no timeline or update. Funny enough, they are always on time to release new cash shop items which clearly indicates Nexon's interest.

On top of that there was the SSB issue which still hasn't been compensated.

Please just compensate individually. This isn't a miracle time. We are not going to make the schedule to earn compensation which we deserve.
  • BebeGBebeG
    Seriously Nexon, I popped a totem for this event. And 3 mins in, got DC for "hack" reason wtf... And mobs were dying with so much delay, I was killing at half the normal rate. Which doesn't really make up for the double exp and drop doesn't it? COMPENSATE PROPERLY FFS
  • BebeGBebeG
    This event is a pure scam
    - Server delay on reboot is so bad that mobs die with too much latency. The rate of killing is basically quartered
    - You get DC every now and then claiming it's "hack"
    - Wasted a totem for nothing so I actually end up losing something in a so called compensation event.

Thanks Nexon
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2021
    They should make it like the last DMT and let people pick when they want to claim their 2x Exp/Drop Event ahead of time. This would distribute the population more evenly instead of having a large surplus of players all on at the same time.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited October 2021
    Yeah, how much you want to bet we're going to get another hour XP event for this four-hour maintenance that is now 12 hours and counting, for a reason they won't even disclose?
  • LackAngelLackAngel
    Reactions: 210
    edited October 2021
    At this point it is so scary to play Maplestory, with every update they make systems get worse and worse.

I don't even think we gonna get compensation for today's "Extended" server maintenance.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2021
    they not going to compensate us with anything worthy of time. :(