[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Account Merging / Legion Sharing

WhyHaveAJobWhyHaveAJob
Reactions: 100
Hello fellow Maplers

WAIT!
... thanks for somehow ending on this page, and please consider reading the whole thread before replying

Forum Topics:
1. Allow people to submit a merge request to get there accounts merged based on meeting certain criteria and GM approval. (proof of accounts being yours since creation and nexon deciding if it is a fair account merge)
2. Having someone's Legion shared between different accounts based on certain criteria and GM approval (proof that they always been your account and deciding if its fair)
(second topic is a compromise to merging not being possible)

Background Information:
I would say I am a typical maplestory player, besides spending most of my time leveling a jobless character, I have enjoyed this game for over a decade! Despite giving up or getting bored of maple multiple times I have always seemed to get that rush and excitement to come play again every year. From the start of playing this game I have made multiple accounts to play on. At one time i had made 6-7 emails just to use for maplestory accounts. I wish I could explain why I did this , but I was very young at the time. I still have those 6-7 accounts but I would say I have yet to even use 3-4 of them. Of course if I could predict the future then I wouldve just stayed with one account so I could get the legion I need. It gets really annoying switching from account to account. I have 3 accounts that have most of my favorite characters on, and 1 other that just has a few characters i dont care about. I tell you what though I do not have have a single character above 220. I am wanting to learn and get more into end-game maplestory, and i think if I would have all my link skills and characters on the same single account that I would be able to progress farther.

Prelude
To start this discussion off I would like to say a couple of things. I would love your feedback on this post because you might think of something that I have not. I also would love for anyone that thinks this would be a terrible suggestion, or game change to comment as well. I dont know how many people this will even attract. This is my first time in Maplestory forums and after making some tickets to nexon about this issue I was told this would be the best way to get a future game change out there. Sadly, I believe to get maplestory to notice and actually make a game change that it would have to be a big issue and effect everyone, so I doubt my idea will be implemented in the game, but there has to be someone/ or a small group of people out there with the same issue I have. I dont know, maybe its possible the one person that would be able to make this happen will somehow end up on this page.

First Major Problem:
I believe that maplestory could have a fix to anyone that has multiple accounts that need to be merged. The only issue that there seems to be is Maplestory has NEVER allowed account merges, but as the game has gotten older I feel like this is a rule/policy that could be changed. I have looked through these forums and found a post relevant to this one talking about having a Account Merge Event where users could Merge there accounts during a Event Period , so they could get rid of people using 2 pc's, but there is a flaw with that thinking cause any mapler with two PC's could simply just not do that event. I do not think an event would be a good idea, but rather have it individualized and allow maplers like me who has had multiple accounts with no knowledge that this would somehow impact them in the future.

I feel like there could be a process, which someone could go through to get all of there accounts merged into one ONLY if it meets certain criteria AND is approved from nexon to not be a unfair advantage.

WHAT IF
Lets say what if account merges would be way to difficult and time consuming to implement into the game based on how few players are having this issue?
well my alternative is what about maplestory releasing Legion being able to be shared across accounts? would that be an easier solution? I do not know. But we would assume you would have to go through the same process for sharing legion as account merging to make sure it is fair and not done at someone who has gained ownership of some huge progressed account.

ALSO: I would like to say that I understand there are people out there with this issue who have probably just forgotten all there accounts and chose just 1 and have progressed on that one since legion and links have come out, but when that stuff was introduced I have never been willing to give up any of my accounts because there is a certain character on each account that makes the decision of choosing tough.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2021
    From a technical standpoint, account merges are much easier to implement than sharing legion across accounts. So that is not a compromise at all.

As for account merges: the main problem I see is how easy it would be to abuse. We have a lot of events, gifts, and goodies that are "once per account". If people could make a dozen accounts, claim the benefits on them all, and then merge them all into one, the whole point of "once per account" is lost. I assume, for example, that you have been using Burning Events to make level 150 or 200 characters on all three of your accounts. If Nexon allows you to merge your accounts, you've gotten 3x as many Burn opportunities as anyone else. Is that fair?
    WhyHaveAJobChoices
  • IceFluxIceFlux
    Reactions: 500
    edited September 2021
    They could have an account merge event like they did when they eliminated some of the servers. I know I have multiple accounts and it was due to not having the character space. I have been slowly deleting the characters and recreating them on my main account but I have worked really hard on some of them and really don't want to delete and start over. Run the event as a one time deal for people like us that have been playing for many years and just want to consolidate our accounts.