[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Error 38 in Gollux

proganicproganic
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
Hi!

I started running hellux recently and I keep dc'ing at the exact same part of the fight every time, on Phase 3 at around 50% hp. It has happened 3 times in a row so far, and 4 times in total out of the 5 times I've reached Phase 3. Things to note:

- I restart my client before entering any runs.
- The error I get is Error 38: reached the end of the file.
- It never happened when I was running hardlux.
- It always happens on Phase 3 - I haven't dc'ed before then.
- I'm on NA Reboot, playing Cadena.

If any additional details are needed to find a solution, please let me know! Thanks!

Comments

• proganicproganic
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2021
    Also forgot to mention I've been using the fallen heart tree key every time!
  • OOOscarOOOscar
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2021
    Hi!
    It happened to me 7 days in a row so far. I found possibly what causes the crash. Every time Hellux places the fifth mark (which causes you to die automatically) the game closes automatically with the message "Error code 38 reached the end file".

It doesn't happen to me in hard mode because I am able to kill gollux before all 5 marks affect me. I was using both keys (purple and brown). Im on NA Reboot, playing Pathfinder.

• ClaringClaring
    Reactions: 205
    edited October 2021
    I've had the same exact problem!
    They told me it was probably my PC.....
    Nexon making the game worse every update it seems :)
    I think it has to do with the marks like scar said.
  • LeonDualBladeLeonDualBlade
    Reactions: 200
    I had exactly the same issue as you, it crashed in p2 4 times in a row already.
  • FruitlingFruitling
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2021
    I'm also having the same issue. Error code 38 as soon as the stacks reach 5, which is often right before I would be getting the head down.

Happens on Eisbjorn, bowman, Elysium
    and
    Coelestinium, Adele, Burning world.