[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A few suggst. that could possibly be gamechanging.

ChainsparkChainspark
Reactions: 710
edited October 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi. In order to see a return of player base and as a result larger communities to the game I have come up with a few suggestions in order to improve gameplay and possible ideas in regards to maples future updates. I shall list the ideas in order of importance.
1: A minimum investment code imputed into all items/packages through the game. A cubing limit that would help to ensure that people aren't overspending per item would lessen the strain of legal laws and therefore allow more items overall to be made in game. Through a limit such as tier upgrades or minimum line deference, items would be able to keep a cube count in order to ensure maximum investment/output standards. This idea could also transfer to items such as wonderberry and maybe Gachapon/ Surprise boxes. A simple concept of putting it in the code to ensure x amount of tier 2 items, x amount of tier 3, with them all allowing upgrades inside of each tier for tier 1 and tier s items, to ensure that tier 1/s items aren't always overly pulled as well as possible chances to make more money. A minimum 2 pet code in wonderberry for example would move more people to invest in Luna crystals, and similar items.
2: A proposed update to the crit system. The idea affectionately termed "The critical update" would allow a 2 crit tier system for characters giving all characters a need/use for crit rate over 100% and a fun overall system that improves damage instantly. The idea would be to allow the archers branch of characters skill to be inputted into the game as a system itself. Deep purple critical colors could be used in order to signify a super critical strike. Just like archers the idea of their min crit or crid damage being applied to the super crit level could give rise to a re=added use for min/max crit with one being used for the previous system and one being used for the newer tier.
3: A change in the linkage of skills throughout characters: a simple addition, with certain characters being able to use skills in between casts due to the in game skill cast delays between using the same skill itself. In example i brought up the casting delay between cannon barrage. With the casting delay being what causes the skill to maintain its hits per second and or casting protocols, a reduction in the timing of certain skills a ie: monkey wave would allow for more second-4th job skills to be included in their main toolkits, which would justify their use in the nodestone system.
4: A possible change to jump/speed mechanics. The allowance of a change to the speed/jump mechanics could potentially see a return to taking boss attack hitboxes into consideration. A 350 pixel jump over in reference a 300x 300 boss attack would allow a new mechanic that was used in early maple to make a return. a simple increases to max speed/jump would also make those lines a little more preferable in regards to cubing returns.
5:A commenting system in the AH as to allow offers and or requests. This could be used in regards to acquiring items that hit a certain threshold for a 3rd trade option in the ah. Ie a weapon scrolled to x amount of attack with a certain potential tier in exchange for said offered item.
6: a trade chat that links between the alliance and guild. This would be fairly simple as there is already a + button on the side of alliance chat. This could allow item links to be saved in the game chat even between reloggings, thereby decluttering alliance/guild chat and also making trading much easier in terms of putting more information out.
Ty for your time and consideration.

Comments

• AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited October 2021
    Reply to each number:
    1. WHAT?! How would limiting the cubes you could use on an item help at all? Am I reading this wrong or do you really want to limit the number of cubes someone can use on say a weapon or equip? You know what people would do right, they'd just make a new weapon. Then they would have to get it back up to Legendary first. Also what if my final cube on a weapon gave me stats/att that didn't fit my class? I couldnt even sell it. Gah I hope I'm reading this wrong. Nexon could do is remove alot of potential lines that no one uses. the '5% to apply", MP, and DEF lines would be nice to finally get rid of.

2. If you have 100% crit rate just but your crit into other dmg. IE or Boss, etc. We really need a whole new system expansion for crit with being super crits? If you play a class that gets 100% crit easily than gg, you dont need to worry about crit hyper stats or crit on gear. You can just get aim for new lines.

3. This is so broad. You want to shorten or be able to animation cancel skills? Fine but that really needs it's own example. Nexon is making tiny improvements as they go along trying to make casting feel better and faster but just saying they need to do it doesn't help at all. You're example could just be it's own forum.

4. I played when before Mechs so taking a bosses hitbox into check must be real old school. So you want to do what? Run faster, jump higher? We playing leap frog with Magnus now? Every new character has a flash jump. Lara has like a tele and a flash. You think we need a system to hop over bosses? We be rolling for Jump+ in the future?

5. OKAY! First thing I agree with you on. It's not much of an auction house if you can't put offers. Honestly just show me top two offers with names and I could find them if I wanted. I'd love if people could put offers on such as long as you could block people that spam offers and had a limit on how many offers you could have out. Plus it would withdraw the money from your account as long as the offer is valid. Mind you, you brought back point 1 which dude....no.

6. Just use discord. Really? A whole new chat for guild/alliance trades? You know how chaotic that would be and how much more space on servers it would take to keep the data? This has already been solved with Discord.
  • ChainsparkChainspark
    edited October 2021
    Ty for your response.
    1:It makes more money. the inclusion of cubes kind of drove away a large market due to the idea that their money was to be lost over time and wasnt worth the investment to reach later areas of the game.The main thing that this would achieve being a boost towards getting better results on in game items, which while not as obvious, would draw people into the game. It's not a limit to cubes but to the lower tier lines in the tier ranks. I.e. after 40 occult’s you wouldn’t get jump or speed lines. The idea would be a simple cubing tier on each item. tier 1: epic being the desired result the tier could possibly include a 20 cube limit at lvl 150 or that potential tier, to eliminate extraneous lines, and possibly bolstering tiering up probability based on investment The next tier epic could require 35 as the minimum investment with possible double investment returns on "premium cubes" resulting in 2 tally's towards the goal. Tier 4 being legendary and requiring a 50-100 cube investment to result in a reduction of minor/less valuable lines as opposed to main goal potentials.
    2: not a new system but a design of it being added to all classes so as to use the formula of damage x min crit damage(first layer) x min crit damage again(super or purple crit numbers). This would allow better bossing results all around for players with a returned focus to the crit damage concept as well as making the crit rate modifiers and other sources more valuable and desired. Including giving skills with 100% crit rate innate supercrit chances to ensure they are desired as well.
    3: an example of mines is in the paragraph. Animation delays are completely different from casting delays in concept and my example was for example having a lower casting delay between setting arrow platter and when hurricane is first useable. Makes the game way more fluid. Or adding monkey wave in between every 1 barrage(besides being jump cast able) or 2 bazookas. The idea behind changing casting animations in game as compared to skill animations is the inclusion of 3 variables, one being original casting speed, 2 being the inclusion of other skills in their combination
    4:more along the lines of a system to improve upon more useless lines that appear in potential. The idea being a simple raise in max speed jump to maybe 210 and 190?
    5: just to put this out there there are multiple sections that could be added just with this being the first. It’s all in the design of other successful auction house applications in other games. That being said every successful trades should be monitored and reported in game to the masters as some of them are of the other variety as mentioned to be against the ToS.
    6:This is easily the easiest to completely change the game. An inclusion of this in game would probably be the easiest as there is is another button on the alliance that that isn’t fully purposed. The inclusion of this tab would include the ability to see posts from before you logged in as well as leaving them after as well. An in game market would reduce the need for an “external” market to begin with. Best to be kept in game. The idea being that to replace the + tab with another function would allow items to be sold in a fm style manner. The Trade tab could be alliance universal and would drive more people to fill/creat guilds in an attempt to bolster their marketing abilities outside of the ah. Even services would be available to be offered.
  • ChainsparkChainspark
    edited October 2021
    Also a nice idea to ensure that games are better policed would be to include in the public announcements section a small notice on the probability and seed inclusion to the game so as to inform the community around the principle that a step of more openness to the community about certain ideas that ensure they are taken care of in regards to legality and probability would ensure an open forum on the direction to make the game more marketable to users in a way as to return a large portion of gamers to the "most profitable" mmocdg. (massively multiplayer online community driven game/ or "gm" as in reference to the gaming market).