[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Buccaneers

SlickBackSlickBack
Reactions: 320
edited November 2016 in General Chat
I just started playing this class. Can GMS do something about the buck blast animation? because the attack speed is way too slow. This is the slowest attack in the game please i don't want some wise A to say that the atk range makes up for the speed because it doesn't. It literally takes like a full second for the atk to go off even with the 2 speed boosters. The animation is just stupid get rid of it. IS this KMS call or GMS can't do anything about it?

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    The animation is different from the skill delay (what causes it to take as long). Simply changing the animation won't necessarily mean that the skill delay will be changed as well.

I don't play Buccaneer so I don't know if you are exaggerating or not on this issue
  • SlickBackSlickBack
    Reactions: 320
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

The animation is different from the skill delay (what causes it to take as long). Simply changing the animation won't necessarily mean that the skill delay will be changed as well.

I don't play Buccaneer so I don't know if you are exaggerating or not on this issue
    All other attacks besides buc blast is ok when combined with the boosters. The blast combines with the boosters doesn't have a good attack speed in my opinion the animation shows first before the blast is made. When the character isn't charged the skill gets even slower. For anyone who plays bucs may understand. I'm only lvl 144 for now and it's not my main I just wanted to play something new. buc blast combines with the boosters + swift rune is the true attack speed that skill should have it feels normal compared to other characters main attack. I'm not sure if they purposely slowed the skill down because of the long range when charged but it seems like a burden to try and kill anything fast with that slow attack speed. Octo punch is great it's very fast combines with the boosters. I also don't get the charging system it should give more benefits that it is now. This class doesn't out perform any other class when charged so whats the point in having this system? uncharged the class is less than equal to others but when charged it is equal to other classes. why would people want to main this class when it goes from less than equal to equal when they can play a class without these gimmicks and doing extra work.

• YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016

Well i main buccaneer since they released it and let me tell you they are not what they used to be... nexon changes made it
    slower less powerfull than a kid and removed everything that once made them a rather imposing sight
    did you know that back then buccaneers had invincibility frames when using some skills
    when you could actually transform into a being made of energy? or as others loved to say a "super sayan"
    they instead of fixing or "balancing" it out the removed the transformation system instead
    yet who can take the blame korean devs or korean players uh? i wonder 6 years later they are going to "bring back" partially the old transform RE-name it 5th job and call it a day ....

as for the buccaneers blast
    yes one of many super slow skills id sad the normal delay its not even 1 full second if you take lag into the game
    in my dailys lets see {normal blast} takes 1.5 seconds per use of the skill to show its animation and attack itself
    when you have full charge it takes 1.00 seconds, that its only if you have 2 speed boosters speed infusion and knuckle booster
    if you use only one of them guess what, it doesnt matter really which one you use regardless of the description saying "it doubles the speed"
    the speed its just 1.2, turns out it doesnt really boost by a lot the speed of every attack, if that was the case you would be doing it around 0.5 speed per blast the octopunch being 0.8 per hit without the charge, with the charge active i can only guess 0.4 lower but thats like i dunno bruce lee speed? lol
    also not every buccaneer skill gets the speed boost for example nautilus strike neither the hyper skill power unity or even the other buffs
    too op to balance it without nerfing the damage...

if you want to try a "similar" class because nexon doesnt care about buccaneers i assume try blaster its "not" the same class and it has
    knuckle-guns instead of just knuckles... oh my! how original this class isnt it?

• KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    I think the iframes are still there. I main a bucc but I'm probably the worst person to discuss the class with since I don't really read the skill description so don't take my word for it.

But playing the bucc daily, I'm inclined to believe iframes exist because I use somersault kick and spiral assault to get myself out of sticky situations in gollux all the time.

As for bucc blast being slow, yes. YES, IT IS. It reminds me of neer. Not sure if neers still have that laser skill like they did when they were first introduced, but bucc blast is as slow (if not slower) than that. Which is why I wasn't particularly happy when they changed the functionality of dragon strike. Before they revamped it to a cooldown skill, I used dragon strike for mobbing instead of bucc blast. Now that dragon strike is no longer an option, I just make do with bucc blast when I'm charged, and spiral assault when I'm not. Uncharged bucc blast is just... ugh.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016

iframes only apply for low level monsters a lot of bosses ignore the "iframes" if youre talking about spiral rush just look at magnus hard or one less strong shao
    if you dont use dragon strike at all youre losing a damage buff
    if you want to really do more damage you are forced to use nautilus strike and dragon strike and power unity to boost your attack for a minute or less yea now you MUST use them or else you will remain a weakling unless you are a clown with ridiculous stats in the fafnir weapon
    by the way must use them regardless if they are super slow and increase the overall lag