[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to fix the Ghost Ship Exorcist badge

WeekendBossWeekendBoss
Reactions: 760
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
If you're on this forum, you're probably already aware of this infamous badge. You might also be aware that it's the only obtainable item for the badge slot (read: badge and not emblem) that can hold potential, which creates a very real need for one to stay competitive with other maplers.

However, the issue here isn't how valuable it is, but rather that you can only get one per character, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you lose it through either a destructive scroll or just coming across it while being a noob and dropping it like one, which is understandable since disregarding it's capacity for potential it's worse than the Crystal Ventus badge, you can't ever get another on that character. I happen to be in the latter camp of how I came to lose this valuable badge, and I've come up with some simple solutions to this issue, because the price for losing this badge is quite steep considering that nearly any other endgame equip can be re-obtained and rebuilt, but this one cannot.

First, Nexon could simply make the badge tradable, either globally, through the account, or untradable upon equipping. This would give players an opportunity to do the quest on a high level mule then transfer it to their main character, or give people with multiple mules an opportunity to make some extra meso by selling these badges on the free market.

Secondly, they could make the quest to kill Captain Lantica a daily recurrence, giving those whom fail scrolls on their badges unlimited extra chances to make a really good badge instead of leaving them with a sub-par equip. yes I know about innocence scrolls

Lastly, and this is the nuclear option here, they could add an item to the Cash Shop that allows one to pay a sum of NX to be able to repeat a quest of their choosing that they've already finished. Of course, this would have to be balanced around, and Nexon could pick and choose which quests would be extremely unbalanced if one was allowed to repeat them and remove them from the pool, i.e quests with hefty sums of experience as a reward, job advancement quests, etc.

Looking forward to any input on this issue, as it's one that could be solved relatively easily and to the benefit of a great many people.
BlueEmberAeonTouch0fAllJobs
  1. Which option would you implement to fix the Ghost Ship Exorcist badge?105 votes
    1. Make it tradable
       12% (13 votes)
    2. Allow the quest to be completed more than once
       69% (72 votes)
    3. Let Nexon cash in on this
       3% (3 votes)
    4. Git gud, it doesn't need fixed.
       16% (17 votes)

Comments

• VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    At one point in time this issue was actually acknowledged and there was supposed to be a quest you could do to get the badge back, but it was sadly forgotten about over time and never implemented. I think that method makes more sense than any of the others anyway.

I've always been extremely careful with my badges, but a quest to re-obtain them would be much more natural. I've known several people who blew theirs up through star force or scrolls, and they would literally restart their character when it happened.
    WeekendBosschooz
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited September 2016
    Best solution would be to make it repeatable.
  • JubileusJubileus
    Reactions: 810
    edited September 2016
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

Best solution would be to make it repeatable.
    With the condition that you don't have another in your inventory.
    JettLuvsU
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    make it only be able to be repeated if you are A not using and B its not in your Inventory. this will prevent people from having a Second one.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    I think making it a Unique Item would work. IIRC you could only pick up one Zakum Helm at a time. It's been a while since I've run Zak.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

I think making it a Unique Item would work. IIRC you could only pick up one Zakum Helm at a time. It's been a while since I've run Zak.

You can pick up numerous Zakum helmets. CZak helmets, however, I think were only one at a time. I know HT pendants(norm and chaos) are unique and you can only have one at a time.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited September 2016
    i tried asking GM to reset the quest after i dropped my emblem, and they wont allow that. dont think its possible to gain it again after dropping it ;/
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

That's called "One-of-a-kind".
    As Aggraphine said, Zakum helmets are no longer one-of-a-kind (and haven't been in years), but HT pendants are (although that should change soon), as are certain other items.

However, I don't think there is a need for that tag. The "repeat" quest shouldn't become available as long as you have the item. Just as, right now, you can get a new Emblem if you drop or destroy yours, but you don't get the quest for a new emblem as long as you have one in inventory or equipped.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

However, I don't think there is a need for that tag. The "repeat" quest shouldn't become available as long as you have the item. Just as, right now, you can get a new Emblem if you drop or destroy yours, but you don't get the quest for a new emblem as long as you have one in inventory or equipped.
    If it did work like that, it wouldn't do harm to have that set.
  • SpiritofMirSpiritofMir
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited September 2016
    Account only tradeable could be another good option.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    SpiritofMir

Account only tradeable could be another good option.
    That would also allow you to move a cubed and enhanced badge from your old main to a new one.
    Somehow I think that's a solution Nexon would be less willing to implement than a repeatable quest...
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited September 2016
    I don't understand why they can't make it repeatable, even to someone who have one in inventory.. Its still untradeable not even within account.. So what does it matter that one character have 10 or more of ghost ship badges in inventory?
  • TheGodOfFireTheGodOfFire
    Reactions: 890
    edited September 2016
    July
    July said:

I don't understand why they can't make it repeatable, even to someone who have one in inventory.. Its still untradeable not even within account.. So what does it matter that one character have 10 or more of ghost ship badges in inventory?
    Well if you could have tons of them, you could just use 1 chaos scroll for all of them, then check which ones are the good ones, use another chaos scroll to them, check which ones are the best and so on... when you have the the max att available through chaos scrolls or close to it, you could start working the potential.
    at least i would work it like this thought.

but yeah the quest should definitely be repeatable if you have lost the badge.

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited September 2016
    TheGodOfFire

July
    July said:

Well if you could have tons of them, you could just use 1 chaos scroll for all of them, then check which ones are the good ones, use another chaos scroll to them, check which ones are the best and so on... when you have the the max att available through chaos scrolls or close to it, you could start working the potential.
    at least i would work it like this thought.

but yeah the quest should definitely be repeatable if you have lost the badge.

or you could just inno for 50m instead of wasting days leveling your character to 135.

• TheGodOfFireTheGodOfFire
    Reactions: 890
    edited September 2016
    or you could just inno for 50m instead of wasting days leveling your character to 135.
    Read it again... he said what would it matter if the quest would be repeatable even if you had the badge. nothing about transfering them from mule.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    July
    July said:

As others have said, there are plenty of reasons to not make it repeatable while you still have one in your inventory. Best thing they can do is make it like emblems, where you can earn/pay for another one if you lose the one you had.
  • RavAuricRavAuric
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    Can we get a solution implemented in game please. Especially with V patch coming now.
  • NexSacramentumNexSacramentum
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2016
    Just bumping this thread for a solution... I want to reclaim my badge...
  • RavAuricRavAuric
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    V patch is here "infinite power" yet we still did not get this issue resolved. Can we please do something about this. It is essential now. Especially in V update!!
  • TempWindiaTempWindia
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    Theres no fun in a game without risk, you could yolo your badge and boom it, you could starforce it to 15 star with pure luck. I dont understand why anyone would use a scroll that booms on the ghost ship badge not because it has a chance of booming but the scrolls that dont boom are 10x better. The only way you should be able to boom it is through starforce from 14 star to 15 star. Just leave it at 14 star and LOCK it. If you happen to drop it, then chance are youre an old returning player whos character is not of significance (not to be rude) and will have no problem just to start again. They did make one event previously where they reset the quest. But i believe that will be once in a lifetime. One badge, One character id like to keep it that way.