[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Story Content needs updates.

NanomancyNanomancy
Reactions: 500
edited November 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know not everyone cares for the blockbusters that much, but considering KMS is adding a dub for Grand Library, I really would love it if these try to bring a English Dub to other modes of story content (such as Heroes of Maple, early episodes of Grand Library, heck maybe even the early classes! I really do think classes such as the heroes classes deserve a bit of an upgrade to their story content(maybe switch their dialogue boxes to the ones we have now or something). It could make this game even more friendly to newcomers.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Our Grand Atheneum does have voiced content. For example, Ryude is voiced by Christopher Corey Smith, and our White Mage is voiced by either Steve Blum or Edward Bosco (not sure which for Grand Atheneum). What KMS appears to have done recently is either updated their voices, added new dialog, or redubbed the voices, I don't know which of those they did specifically.
    But we've always had dubbed character voices since Grand Atheneum was released, even in the Black Witch chapter (you can hear your character speaking over the mission text, though it's rather quiet compared to the music).

As for character dialog art, it was mentioned in the top 10 ideas on KMS's discussion board, and speculation seems to suggest they might be adding character portraits, but nothing is confirmed so far, though KMS players do seem to want it.
  • NanomancyNanomancy
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2021
    Yea, I forgot Grand Atheneum has dub already. I'm still wondering if Heroes of Maple//Black Heaven is going to get a English Dub as well. Actually on the topic of those contents, do you think it's going to be possible for Nexon to make selectable dub(like being able to switch from English/Korean Dubs)??