[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

WW3 at NEXON! WE NEED YOUR VOTES!

lickratslickrats
Reactions: 500
edited January 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know half the community doesnt want a bera scania world merge because of lack of training, lag, etc. but listen.. whether yall like it or not theres a large community of this game who were unfortunate enough to not get to move all their most loved characters to bera, and well scania is imo a dead server. you can compare it to reboot all you want i understand where youre coming from but there is no chance that merging bera and scania would even come close to reboot population. as a player from pre bigbang, myself and others miss the community of this game which almost doesnt exist anymore. This game has turned into cliques of guilds and massive afk spots. we are bored, and im sorry if you have issue with it but whether yall like it or not a scania bera merge would be the best thing these servers have seen in awhile. NEXON lets us merge and reunite with old friends, coming from a player from 2008 with sacred momentos i would never sell for any price, i will not stand for a "just make a new character in bera" post. You all need to grow up if you love this game so much we not to stop saying no to a world merge and start saying yes to a MAKE THIS GAME GOOD AGAIN!

at the end of the day... we havent seen a merge since 2017 and i know a lot of people who have quit because they were left out. Think we are do for another, and the GM's ive talked to think so too.

no hate to anyone who is for or against this i understand where you are coming from but as a maplestory lover like you all we need to sacrifice to grow.

ps. fix the servers man yall are really making it hard for people to get others on board when its your fault NEXON.
  1. should we sacrifice some play for a better tomorrow? LETS FORCE NEXON TO MAKE CHANGES WE ALL NEED4 votes
    1. BERA/SCANIA merge, force nexon to make changes to help us grow this game back to its prime!
       50% (2 votes)
    2. Keep dead servers till the of time.
       50% (2 votes)
    3. Ignore my post but you know deep down we need changes.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2022
    lickrats wrote: »
    as a player from pre bigbang, myself and others miss the community of this game which almost doesnt exist anymore. This game has turned into cliques of guilds and massive afk spots.

Unfortunately, that is how the game is, even in crowded Reboot. It's not about the population, it's about changes to the game which made it advantageous to solo everything you can, or at worst go with people you trust. It's about changes to the internet that made it easier to hang out on Discord (where you can use voice, send images or links, talk in sentences longer than a few words, and leave messages for people who are not online) instead of trying to communicate inside the game.
    Cramming more people together into one server will not bring back the golden days you miss. It will just increase toxicity when people can't avoid running into strangers and having to fight over limited resources.
    at the end of the day... we havent seen a merge since 2017 and i know a lot of people who have quit because they were left out.

There was a world merge in 2019, actually. Scania and Bera were left out of it because they were considered to be populated enough.

I understand that some people are upset when they come back from hiatus and discover their world is emptier than they'd like, and believe that if only there were more people around then everything would be just as fun as it was for them ten years ago. But a merge can't turn back the clock. And if one happens, they'll quit soon after anyway, when they see the cliques and guilds and SoloStory are still the same. Meanwhile, a merge will make the people who have been playing continuously and who are content with how things are now, unhappy. Maybe even unhappy enough to quit.

• lickratslickrats
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2022
    AKradian wrote: »
    as a player from pre bigbang, myself and others miss the community of this game which almost doesnt exist anymore. This game has turned into cliques of guilds and massive afk spots.

Unfortunately, that is how the game is, even in crowded Reboot. It's not about the population, it's about changes to the game which made it advantageous to solo everything you can, or at worst go with people you trust. It's about changes to the internet that made it easier to hang out on Discord (where you can use voice, send images or links, talk in sentences longer than a few words, and leave messages for people who are not online) instead of trying to communicate inside the game.
    Cramming more people together into one server will not bring back the golden days you miss. It will just increase toxicity when people can't avoid running into strangers and having to fight over limited resources.

i dont believe thats correct when the cross server party quest area was made that still no one uses, you can tell nexon wants some sort of party play but is being held by the neck by solo players who bascially run this game and have made it a norm but while the treat those solo players players who like the interaction of the game go unnoticed. i dont want the golden days to come back i want us to be able to have one server or switch like every other mmo will allow you to do. the system is broken it was broken long ago, many stay in henesys because thats their only way they know to find anyone to interact with while your solo players complain about lag and maps. believe it or not a lot of people actually only play this game to talk its not all about solo play at all, the "solo" players are just the ones funding nexon enough for them to try their hardest to not make them upset.
    AKradian wrote: »
    There was a world merge in 2019, actually. Scania and Bera were left out of it because they were considered to be populated enough.

I understand that some people are upset when they come back from hiatus and discover their world is emptier than they'd like, and believe that if only there were more people around then everything would be just as fun as it was for them ten years ago. But a merge can't turn back the clock. And if one happens, they'll quit soon after anyway, when they see the cliques and guilds and SoloStory are still the same. Meanwhile, a merge will make the people who have been playing continuously and who are content with how things are now, unhappy. Maybe even unhappy enough to quit.

a player did analytics on the servers to see how many people played on which server. Reboot had over 100k, Bera had almost 5k, Scania has 3.2k. the world transfer event youre talking about that happened in 2019 is more dead than there to servers on their own. its not that people come back and discover that thei world is emptier, its definitely a big issue with some but the probably from coming back from hiatus is seeing that nothing has changed outside of higher levels getting new content. I log on in 2015 to a server where i could see people everyday and the community was fun to be around, i then log in in 2017 to find most of the scania population ahs moved to bera to which i have missed meaning i am locked to this server till god knows when forced to make another character. see how thats a alittle upsetting? how about i can switch to whatever server i want and ill pay you to do it? if nexon needs to cash im sure many people would have fun with that for a while.

when you talk about this game as a dying mess and say "you cant turn back the clocks" its very alarming to me personally. youre basically giving up on something a lot of people hold near and dear to their hearts. i might be a player from a different era of maplestory but all these hopeless people who just say that sucks itll never happen again are plaguing us. everyone should be optimistic whether changes are good or not, i simply am just asking for nexon to think about one more change that i myself believe is a necessary change to keep atleast some sort of community alive.

stop tending to the ones who are paying you more its greedy and disgusting and makes me unhappy i ever played this game to begin with.. and thank you for saying that people might even quit. i want a world change. but if i had my wish this game would go bankrupt because this mindlest you all have is the "toxic" environment.
  • 1franky511franky51
    Reactions: 755
    edited January 2022
    Please at least get a world transfer event of some sort. Right the wrongs of the last world merge. If people bandwagon again, they did it to themselves. Let the players choose.
    lickrats
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited February 2022
    World Transfer Coupons.
    Its that easy.