[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Flag Race issues and suggestions for improvement.

WahkmaninovWahkmaninov
Reactions: 800
edited January 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have not seen any forums or discussion regarding the new revamped Flag Race. If I somehow missed any posts, please forgive me. I can see how the new Culvert and Flag Race encourages more guild activity and offers more perks and incentives for active guild members, but I experienced a number of issues and frustrations with how Flag Race is now.

You should be able to enter the REAL Flag Race anytime and not have to wait every HOUR on the :30 minute mark. If you can enter Culvert anytime you want and get a score that you're happy with faster, why not do the same with Flag Race? Certain races like Day and Night can be very difficult and unforgiving (especially when the server is unresponsive and you're randomly put into a channel that slows you down), especially when trying to get 1000 points.

Sure, those few times, you achieve a perfect run of 1000 in Practice Mode, but once the actual Flag Race starts and you get screwed, you are instead punished and forced to wait another hour. Here are some other suggestions:

- In general, improve server and channel latency in Flag Race. This is easier said than done, but it is a suggestion nevertheless.
- Each time you complete a lap in Day and Night, allow for only going through one portal instead of two. The amount of milliseconds can count when you're trying to spam through portals and can punish you if it gets unresponsive.
- The glitch where cooldown stars fail to appear when there is more than racer is still glaring. You have to agree amongst your guild members to race at certain parts of the day so everyone has a fair chance at 1000 points. Luckily, my guild is pretty cool amongst one together, but fix the Cooldown stars so it saves headaches. This suggestion is not as much of priority if they allow people to register their scores much faster by removing the hourly entry restriction.
- I notice I have a tolerable cushion of a few seconds left in Sunset whenever I get 1000 points after executing all maneuvers and skills perfectly. In Day and Night, there is a much, much steeper difficulty curve. Whereas Sunset is primarily focused on patience, you can't wait too long in between dodging flames for Day and Night, otherwise you have to make a split-second decision of waiting for the flame to disappear (to avoid falling), or use the knockback to help you jump to the next platform. After repeated tests, I usually have 1-2 seconds to spare when getting 1000 points. Perhaps increase the threshold time for Day and Night by a couple seconds or so to trade off for the ramped up difficulty.

At any rate, the more we can get Maplers to see this post, the better. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy challenges! There is a lot of potential with Flag Race, but it is weighed down with inconsistencies and frustrations that detracts a lot of enjoyment. If there are any other suggestions I missed, feel free to let us know!

Comments

• WahkmaninovWahkmaninov
    edited January 2022
    Still no discussion on the topic?
  • WahkmaninovWahkmaninov
    edited February 2022
    Almost 2 months and there is still no discussion on this.
  • WahkmaninovWahkmaninov
    edited May 2022
    I'm seriously at a loss, does nobody really care about this? Even after filing tickets and following their advice to go to the forums, there isn't enough interest in helping to improve Flag Race considering it takes up quite a big part of the guild and guild points. Are there any plans to address these issues in future "A Better Maple" patches?
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited May 2022
    as someone who participates in flag every week, but absolutely sucks at it - the only thing i can really comment on is the fact that is annoying as heck that i can't enter at anytime i want. its honestly really annoying having to "schedule" for the half hour mark, like if its basically solo content anyways at this point, it should be "enter whenever" imo
    Fuhreak