[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Better Maple: Maple Tour + Akechi Shops

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,435
edited March 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Right now, the Maple Tour and Akechi Shops do not offer anything really worth any value. My ideas should allow for players a way to keep up constant and regular playtime which would result in a healthy game for the future with more active all year around and not just from the surge when a big update happens.

Maple Tour Shop:

New Item: Golden Totem
Cost: 2 Maple Tour Coins (So you can have 1 per day if you wanted.)

Golden Totem is a special kind of totem that when equipped allows you to summon a Golden Totem that increases the Spawn by +75% (175% Spawn) and Spawn Rate by +0% (100% Spawn Rate, aka the spawn rate does not change) for 180 seconds until you need to summon it again and increases the total Mesos you obtain by 20% (so it works like Wealth Acquisition Potion and stacks with it as well).

Each equip of a Golden Totem will last for 30 minutes after you activate the coupon.

Summoning an effect that changes the spawn and/or spawn rate will remove a currently summoned Golden Totem from play and you cannot summon the Golden Totem while a spawn and/or spawn rate enhancing effect is in play.

(Increasing only the Spawn here will allow players to traverse to other, larger maps rather than rely on smaller maps that Wild Totem (and other totems) typically accel at and helps players explore more content in the game this way.)

New Item: Small Wealth Acquisition Potion
Cost: 2 Maple Tour Coins

Increase your Item Drop Rate and Total Mesos Obtained by 20% for 30 minutes.

(So you can either do a Golden Totem everyday or do a more efficient one every other day.)

New Item: Wealth Acquisition Potion
Cost: 8 Maple Tour Coins

Increase your Item Drop Rate and Total Mesos Obtained by 20% for 120 minutes.

(This is to give players the option to save up and just do a big gains Wild Totem 2-hours farming session.)

Akechi Coin Shop:

New Item: 90-Days Mini Akechi Mitsuhida Petite Pet
Cost: 20 Akechi Coins

This is a 90 days Vacuum Pet that cannot be taught pet skills, does not have any stats on him, and cannot be revived with any water of life, after the 90 days is up, he will die forever. So to renew the little guy, you got to buy a whole new one with another 20 Akechi Coins.

(20 Coins here assures that upon doing Akechi every week over a 90 days period, you will be able to buy another 90 days vacuum pet to replace the previous one rewarding the player for actively playing the game every week.)

New Item: Onyx Apple
Cost: 1 Akechi Coins

This will offer an additional way to get the glorious Onyx Apple outside of Amoria Party Quest, can do both for even more! More ways to get that juicy 100 weapon/magic attack buff for 10 minutes!

(As a reminder, you get the Akechi coins at a similar rate to the boss drop cores of Lotus and Damien, so the costs are low since you do not get very many coins every week.)

P.S. I am aware I do not have the actual, correct coin names, does not really matter.

elad1999Maple

Comments

• StaconaStacona
    edited March 2022
    I made an edit to reduce Akechi Coin Shop prices since I based the original numbers on the high end of coins per week rather than the average coins per week and the aim here is introducing a way to get a pet every 90 days reliably and not if you high roll every week within a 90 days period.
  • reius123reius123
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited March 2022
    I'd like to see more valuable items in those shops as well. One item I like to see is the Unidentified Love Letter.
  • StaconaStacona
    edited March 2022
    reius123 wrote: »
    I'd like to see more valuable items in those shops as well. One item I like to see is the Unidentified Love Letter.

What is that?
  • reius123reius123
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited March 2022
    It lets you gain random amounts of fame. Players who play Zero can essentially buy infinite amount of this from the NPC Quartermaster (located in their hub area) yet players who play other classes don't have access to these items. While I understand that not all players value fame there are players who do value fame (i.e. those who are trying to get the Maple Idol Medal) and it would be nice if there was a more convenient way to gain fame.