[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2x drop cards are not low popularity items

Comments

• xabu1xabu1
    Reactions: 415
    edited March 2022
    An announcement saying 2x drop cards are to be removed from the game just went up. Any serious player of this game grinds on 2x drop. Many players I know also buy these items for running bosses. I personally buy at least two 4h drop coupons per week. If this goes live, I can legitimately see myself uninstalling this game.
  • PreQinPreQin
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2022
    I just cannot imagine how Nexon reached the conclusion that 2x drop special coupons are low-popularity items. It sounds like an excuse to reduce the overall meso production, but in a rather dumb way. They are literally kicking players that grind and use mesos away.
  • P0opymanzP0opymanz
    Reactions: 940
    edited March 2022
    The decision to remove 2x drop coupons (1 day / 4 hr) seems to be erroneous. A significant amount of the player base buys these coupons with maple points converted from meso, and NOT a low popularity item as you suggest in your post. In fact, it is likely to be one of the MOST purchased items behind cubes, scrolls, and royals.
    Trystarr
  • CónscióusCónscióus
    Reactions: 300
    edited March 2022
    Unless they're replacing it with different durations, I don't get what's the point of making us suffer when farming mesos =(
  • ThePencilThePencil
    Reactions: 700
    edited March 2022
    I look forward to uninstalling the game once this decision passes
  • P0opymanzP0opymanz
    edited March 2022
    As somehow who frequently hits mvp red and has multiple 250+ and a 275 character, if this change goes through without any acknowledgement of the SF issues I'll be quitting too.
  • lidddoooolidddoooo
    Reactions: 310
    edited March 2022
    Aint no way that this item is a low popularity as almost everyone I know that trains will buy and run this coupon. Making the game harder than it already is with items and everything going up in price. Its almost like you lowered minimum wage while the price of everything else becomes inflated. This is a great update if you're trying to make the game more unfriendly to the players and as well making people want to quit. Good bye to a fraction to some of your player base with this update.
  • P0opymanzP0opymanz
    edited March 2022
    I see 10% of the player base stop playing because alot of people I know are bummed out that training + meso farming will be much less effective. If this goes forward it will kill the motivation to play for alot of players.
  • DevilsbishopDevilsbishop
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited March 2022
    Fz service will probably drop out too - less meso being made by the grinder = less meso to pay the seller and if that drops out leveling will become even more cumbersome. I think its the lack of transparency over what they're actually doing. Like if they said 'we're taking out 2x drop cos blablabla' it would be more understandable, a crappy thing to do nonetheless but masking it behind it being unused is a bit of a joke
  • EndlessloveEndlesslove
    Reactions: 250
    edited March 2022
    Dear Nexon, like the title says most of us play this game with 2x Drop from cash shop.
    We use it for bossing, we use it for grinding and farming.
    Its a source of motivation to actually go out and do these tasks.
    Without it, how can we progress in game?
    Please do not remove it, many in our playerbase are already selling their gear due to this.
    I'm afraid it'll have a domino effect.
    Please save us! Please fight for us!
  • JuliansanJuliansan
    Reactions: 900
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2022
    Nexon Please hear us out. We Need to keep the 2x Drop for the Gaming Experience and it will bring the Game Balance out of order if you remove it. So Please DONT Remove it let us Keep it atleast.
  • KKGPKKGP
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2022
    The excuse of the item being low-popularity is unresonable , rather it's false. Most of the player find it's essential. furthermore, No benefit from this is found. There will be star -force cost reducing soon but what's about others: like arcane/sacred symbol cost?
  • DevilsbishopDevilsbishop
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited March 2022
    It's like reducing something by 20% but also taking out a potential 100% bonus. Like where is the math there. Plus equips will get rarer so if you boom well good luck.

A lot of people are actually up for quitting over it too. So less people to spend on the game is an excellent business model..............
  • MuffinMuffin
    Reactions: 100
    There's like 10 people on my guild alone who farm constantly with 2x drop coupons, even if the item itself doesnt sell as much as 2x exp, it has sooo much value. Unless you're planning to drastically reduce the cost of the starforce system, dont remove those coupons from cash shop. There really isnt an efficient way of making mesos aside from farming, and the game does NOT offer any decent options
  • TygerrrTygerrr
    It feels like Nexon is lying to us. 2x drops are one of the most purchased cash shop items.
  • Killer666Killer666
    edited March 2022
    I join the cause, nexon please do not delete these items .
  • WhatRyanSaidWhatRyanSaid
    Reactions: 100
    edited March 2022
    As a lot of you have seen in the update announcements that 2x coupons will be removed from the Cash Shop. This discussion thread can serve as proof that Maplestory community is strongly against this decision and want Nexon to retract this change.

Please comment below with the following line as a way of agreeing to this statement:

"I petition the 2x coupon removal from the Cash Shop"

_____________________________________________________________________________

The following part is more of a personal message to Nexon:

During my time playing Maplestory from Beta, I have seen a lot of change throughout this game. Some of these changes have improved QOL for us, other have made them more redundant and tedious. I support a majority of these changes, however, the most recent announcement raises a lot of questions behind the ethics of Nexon and what the true intention of removing the 2x coupons from the game will do.

My theory is that the removal is intended to make the game increasingly difficult , forcing players to spend more time in game to achieve the previously attainable goals which will potentially increase sales over the life span of the account due to the player devoting more time to each character after creation.
  • KannaNoelKannaNoel
    Reactions: 850
    edited March 2022
    2x drop coupons were never supposed to be an issue. Just as boss drop cubes weren't. Our slimy politicians do this to us all the time.

Players will fight back. Nexon will concede then get to say they listened to us.

This was never supposed to be a debate. Stop changing our game, add to it.
  • fishingbirdsfishingbirds
    Can they just limit the number of 2x drop coupons to 1 or 2 per week, instead of removing them altogether?