[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Haste Event - 99,000 mobs is insane

DMHDMH
Reactions: 1,015
edited March 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I am pretty consistent about doing dailies. I try to stretch myself and try new things - 7192/mobs per day for 2 weeks is not even a fun concept to contemplate. The Cassandra chat pretty much encapsulates it except for the end part where Cassandra tries to convince your character it is fun and doable anyway. I realize the event is optional but this event is really for bots and not accessible for most players.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2022
    This event (with the same requirement of 99,999 kills in two weeks) has been run at least four or five times already. Lots of people manage it. You're right that it can't be completed just by doing dailies. You need to go kill some (or a lot of) more monsters. If you don't feel the chair and (temporary stat) title are worth it, don't do it.

One way to make it easier is to team up with guildies or buddies. Kills in a party count for all members, so if you and a friend are hunting together in a large map, it goes twice as fast.
  • DMHDMH
    edited March 2022
    Or we can just play another MMORPG that doesn't focus on mindless grinding? I am giving my personal feedback. I normally play daily but this just makes me want to take a break. Also, some of us play Maplestory solo for fun.
  • KezrauxKezraux
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited April 2022
    Plenty of people have already completed the 100,000 mob kill quest on the first day of Haste. It's definitely not an issue. Not all content needs to be easy to do. Wait until you try to complete all of Tactical Relay.
  • DMHDMH
    edited April 2022
    While I am sure there are people who do this, I and the players I have chatted with - those in my guild and my in real life friends aren't going to. One of my guildies pointed out that most Maplestory maps are not made for multiple people to be mobbing on and even with a totem and one other person it is not going to be fun. I am sure there are people who spend a lot of screen time on maplestory and are fine with pure grinding. I am also sure there are a lot of people who don't and won't be participating.
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,455
    edited April 2022
    completing the haste dailies every day for 2 weeks will net you 100k mobs

1 totem should net you around 50k mobs
  • DMHDMH
    edited April 2022
    I completed the Haste dailies for 2 weeks (and leveled a new character in Reboot too) and did extra grinding. I got to about 85,000. 1 totem is 2 hours of grinding in a single sitting which is not something I was able to do during the event (and honestly didn't want to - I put in about an hour and a half a day on Maplestory for the two weeks of Haste). I am level 245 and was mostly doing Arcane dailies and Sellas maps. I don't think this is as reachable as you think for most players.