[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ban Data from 04/14/2022 - 04/20/2022

EzrabellEzrabell
Reactions: 1,185
edited April 2022 in Announcements
Please see below for the ban data covering: 04/14/2022 - 04/20/2022

Ban reason: Hacking/Botting
Number of characters banned: 1,673
Number of accounts banned: 173

Full list of banned characters: https://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/74009

Comments

• RustySpiderRustySpider
    Reactions: 310
    edited April 2022
    I want an explanation on why MagicBully was banned.

He spent 6 years building up his arsenal of characters and tens of thousands of hours playing Maplestory, and he's never been a hacker. Why did he get permanently banned? He was just idling in a town when he suddenly realized he was permanently banned; 6 years of hard, painstaking work down the drain in an instant.

How can you expect us in good faith to play the game, knowing we could randomly be banned as a result of an anti-cheat error?
    Redash39
  • Redash39Redash39
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2022
    I want an explanation on why MagicBully was banned.

He spent 6 years building up his arsenal of characters and tens of thousands of hours playing Maplestory, and he's never been a hacker. Why did he get permanently banned? He was just idling in a town when he suddenly realized he was permanently banned; 6 years of hard, painstaking work down the drain in an instant.

How can you expect us in good faith to play the game, knowing we could randomly be banned as a result of an anti-cheat error?

My account was also banned and I'm still lost for words on how that could have happened (same reason as your friend). There was no transparency (not even the slightest) as if I'm supposed to figure out the matter on my own for something I didn't do. Support does not even try to work with you to try to resolve the matter at hand and instead resorts to copying and pasting numerous times until they threaten to ban you from support. Never in my life of playing MMORPGs have I encountered such incompetency by support. They don't try to resolve issues instead just give you the cold shoulder and try to shut you up by copying and pasting the same messages over and over. I've realized that Nexon wants players to spend their money on the game, but when it comes to supporting players they will not do it. Not even the slightest. I don't have it in me to start over because I'm afraid I'll go through the same experience again to only waste my time and money. I'm sorry for your friend MagicBully, I can't imagine what he's going through and how awful and rude support must have been to him. The good thing is he has friends like you that support him openly, but for me since I was a new player in a new world I have no one to vouch for me. So I've been trying on my own to do whatever I can to prove my innocence. I went as far as trying to thoroughly look through my computer and speak to other players online to find what could have resulted in my permanent ban. I even tried to compile new evidence to back up my case, however, customer support refuses to look into anything anymore. They pretty much said that even if I was truly innocent they will never do anything about it. They've added that to prove my innocence in the future they advised me to record my gameplay every time I am online. I tried to explain how inconvenient it is to normal players and how it might hinder the gameplay experience. To my surprise, I was just ignored. Who does that to players that are supportive of the company? I might not be a whale, but I do contribute to the game by spending real-life money for in-game items to support the company.

Given my case, it came down to basically cutting ties with Nexon forever. I played this game since I was a child during beta (10 years old) and played it on and off. Though I did create numerous accounts along the way, I'm still a veteran and this is how they treated me. I've lost all hope in Nexon and will never touch any game that is created by them unless they truly change their way. I know this will never happen and I also know I will never get my account back. I eventually had to resort to charging back all the money I spend on this game via Paypal because it doesn't make any sense to me to have items in the game that I have no access to whatsoever. I'm still in pain every day knowing what happened to me and how I was treated. My time, effort, and my account were all discarded with no remorse or effort to try to work with me. The reality is that I never meant anything to them despite my childhood being buried in this game. I'm insignificant to Nexon and just another player left to bite the dust and be rejected. My heart goes out to every player who is now lost forever as they tried in vain to get support but eventually realized it was just an illusion of false hope.

I hope your friend finds the justice that he deserves.

Thank you for sharing.
  • Redash39Redash39
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2022
    Ezrabell wrote: »
    Please see below for the ban data covering: 04/14/2022 - 04/20/2022

Ban reason: Hacking/Botting
    Number of characters banned: 1,673
    Number of accounts banned: 173

Full list of banned characters: https://stage-maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/74009

The link does not work by the way.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2022
    Redash39 wrote: »
    The link does not work by the way.

Sorry about that. It was fixed.

• JaysinJaysin
    This is very strange, there's obviously a pattern here and I am unsure as to why no one on the development team can see this. I played once this year in February and I return today to see my years of hard work 'Banned'. I've also checked all the banned accounts list from February to April and I do no see my name there.