[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Leap

AaronBaronAaronBaron
Reactions: 610
edited May 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It has been quite some time since the last world leap event, and as someone who plays in elysium it's really hard for me to continue playing when there's such a lack of players at any given time. I'm really attached to my main and I'm sure there's at least a sizeable amount of people who feel the same. Is there any chance at a world leap event soon for those who play in a dead server?
maintence

Comments

• maintencemaintence
    Reactions: 760
    edited May 2022
    I would want a world leap too, however at this point server merging is more likely to be in favor. I hope Nexon addresses that a lot of players want a more populated server to play in, rather than ignoring it and losing more players.
  • KannaNoelKannaNoel
    Reactions: 850
    edited May 2022
    These posts will keep popping up till we get a real opinion other than that obviously biased AKradian volunteer moderator. Please release a memo explaining why nothing is being done.
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited May 2022
    I respect people's opinions on a world leap, but it is not a viable option. Nexon knows that too many people would leave the smaller worlds, to the point where those worlds will need to be merged. This takes us to the realistic scenario: Skip world leap and simply merge those worlds.

As to when that would occur, or why Nexon won't comment on it - Who knows? Perhaps they discuss the topic internally but have not reached a conclusion yet. It must take a lot of planning and coordination to execute a world merge, so i would expect that they are not going to discuss it with us until they have a plan in place.

Also, i see this sentiment a lot: "why won't nexon listen to those of us who want to leave our worlds" - And i respect those that have this sentiment. However, don't forget about the people who have the opposite sentiment: "we like our world as is and don't want that to change" My point being, its impossible to make everybody happy - While its valid to want a leap or a merge, you may simply be in the minority, and you may simply have to concede to the reality, that most people do not want the same thing that you want.
  • maintencemaintence
    Reactions: 760
    edited May 2022
    happycows wrote: »
    I respect people's opinions on a world leap, but it is not a viable option. Nexon knows that too many people would leave the smaller worlds, to the point where those worlds will need to be merged. This takes us to the realistic scenario: Skip world leap and simply merge those worlds.

As to when that would occur, or why Nexon won't comment on it - Who knows? Perhaps they discuss the topic internally but have not reached a conclusion yet. It must take a lot of planning and coordination to execute a world merge, so i would expect that they are not going to discuss it with us until they have a plan in place.

Also, i see this sentiment a lot: "why won't nexon listen to those of us who want to leave our worlds" - And i respect those that have this sentiment. However, don't forget about the people who have the opposite sentiment: "we like our world as is and don't want that to change" My point being, its impossible to make everybody happy - While its valid to want a leap or a merge, you may simply be in the minority, and you may simply have to concede to the reality, that most people do not want the same thing that you want.

There are people who want a world merge/leap, people who don't want a merge but are fine with leap, and then people who don't care at all.
    I think nexon should just do what's best for the players/health of the game. In my opinion, a merge would do more good than harm and there are people out there that I know of who would be motivated to come back to the game if a merge did happen.
  • KannaNoelKannaNoel
    Reactions: 850
    edited May 2022
    Posts wanting Frenzy totem back were ended in an official announcement. Pot badge and leap/merge have not been addressed. Just end this already.
  • PottableBadgePottableBadge
    Reactions: 300
    Bring back Pottable badge please!