[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we undo the dutch trade limitations yet?

ElibriumElibrium
Reactions: 830
edited June 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I feel like after roughly 8/9 months it should've become clear enough to nexon that this limitation they've put into place isn't the right solution, nor a necessary one.

If they are worried about losing revenue from players that won't be buying lootboxes / SSB / other items because of their loss of in-game value, and this is the reason they decided to change things the way they did, guess again. People are and will outright not give the game another shot. After deliberating with some of my dutch friends who've played the game religiously in the past, this change has led to most of them deciding to not return. Because why would they?

A. no ability to play on the server in the same way as other players. No trading, no auction house, no meso market, no 1:1 trading, you're stuck in a reboot version, without any of the real benefits of reboot.

B. Nexon refuses to offer any sort of compensation for returning players that are being done dirty by these changes. (No transfer to reboot even)

C. None of the imposed changes are even necessary should the players in question provide identification or proof of legality (If you are above the age of 18, you are allowed to interact with and use any gambling mechanics as you like)

D. A simple fix would be to remove the ability to trade away any items obtained from the cash shop (this extends to gachapon) which removes the monetary value of said items and removes any hurt done by the dutch law.

In short, nexon is really just being ignorant here and is refusing to undo the changes they made, sticking their heads in the sand as if nothing is going on. It's honestly tragic to see. I would love nothing more than to be able to play maplestory again. but under these conditions it is literally unplayable. And i refuse to let all the work, time, money and effort i've put into my existing characters go to waste because of their bad policies by switching to reboot (Unless they offer the ability to simply switch me over to reboot in it's entirely, but i do not even prefer that, as i like to have my ability to trade with people)

Seriously nexon, you can do better than this.
TyansiMikeSinner

Comments

• NequeoNequeo
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2022
    yea seriously, can I sell my boss drops for mesos in auction house already? so that I can at least try some starforce/upgrade symbols? mesos only from boss crystals isn't gonna cut it
    MikeSinner
  • RichsymbolclothesRichsymbolclothes
    Reactions: 100
    I was play Maplestory since 2006-2013 and I have to tell to nexon that there is no point in the game… we was excited to play with other peoples , hard work, buy things from the fm, 1:1 have a new friends & conversations. I was buy NX cash just to impress other people. But today it’s just not fun to play. Nexon should put in the market old school maple with the free market and work hard to get things.