[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How active is each region?

ManThighManThigh
Reactions: 850
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Hi, back with another question. As far as I understood, after tomorrow's merge, there will be two "Regions" which one will be able to choose (North America and Europe).
I was wondering if anyone knows how active servers from both regions are, and if it would be more worth playing on North America (Where I average around 400 ms per channel), note that I ping around 100 ms per channel on Europe. So clearly I know which region is better for me, but perhaps a massive activity difference could change my mind.

I've tried checking if I can find how active the servers on each region are, but to no avail. Not really looking for strict numbers or percentages, even a very simple comparison would do.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Reboot and Scania, in North America, are the most populated servers.

The united European server, Luna, should be reasonably active, if not too many people abandon it for Reboot.

The population will probably fluctuate for a while, as people try to find what suits them best. I recommend at least trying Luna out, because certain classes are very sensitive to latency. And some endgame bosses as well, though I don't know whether you're looking that far ahead.

• YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Luna will be in activity probably comparable to Bera, or maybe even bit more active and just behind Scania. Depends ofcourse a bit, how many players going to reboot or how many Europeans on GMS servers come back to Luna as well as players returning to the game after migration.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Reboot and Scania, in North America, are the most populated servers.

The united European server, Luna, should be reasonably active, if not too many people abandon it for Reboot.

The population will probably fluctuate for a while, as people try to find what suits them best. I recommend at least trying Luna out, because certain classes are very sensitive to latency. And some endgame bosses as well, though I don't know whether you're looking that far ahead.

EU Reboot might function similarly to ours. People flock to it in droves because OMG ONE TRUE F2P SERVER, and then slowly trickle back to where they were(to a degree, anyway) when they realize that pets are basically a subscription fee for the server, and there is no free-to-play-friendly way to revive them.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2016
    Noone really knows and we can just speculate on how this migration will affect each region.
    But I agree with what has being said already that Luna will not be completly dead and still have quite some players that doesn't wanna start over, ofcourse some will move from luna to gms servers and Reboot aswell but all we can do is wait and let the migration feeling fade away abit :)
  • CalwynCalwyn
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    Luna should still be thriving with the merge. Given that your ping is best over on the European side, I'd recommend trying that out first, and seeing if the community is viable for you. (We're lovely. I promise.)
  • ManThighManThigh
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for all the replies, I guess I'll go with Luna, but I'll try both out to see how big the difference in latency is.
  • xBlackBeardxBlackBeard
    Reactions: 305
    edited November 2016
    I will go for Luna to. sounds like a good populated world.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2016
    If anyone gonna play Luna feel free to stalk me ingame ^^ ign is the same as username here ^^
  • KassyKassy
    Reactions: 525
    edited November 2016
    I'll be sticking to Luna as KradiaEU has been my home for the past 9 years(10 if you include beta). With Demethos and Kradia EU being merged into one, im expecting a healthy playerbase when Luna goes live. If any new joiners to Luna want a chat or have a question,feel free to poke me, i'm usually lurking in henesys or my guilds FM room(ch10 fm4). Kassy and Kasumarae are my usual two chars.
  • CoppersannCoppersann
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2016
    I hope more GMS players will join the EU servers as well! :)

@kassy heyy
  • ManThighManThigh
    edited November 2016
    Never really gotten to the social aspect of the game last time I played, but stalking finding someone has never been a problem, I'll try and seek some of you guys out!