[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pre-existing Explorers can't job advance

BanjoSpaceManBanjoSpaceMan
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Leveling, Job Advancement

Brief bug summary:
Reached level 100 as pre-existing explorer (hermit + burninator character), no quest available for 4th Job advancement. Icon in guide shows up for job advancement, when clicked says "can't do this here".

More details:

Can not go to the 3rd job npc or 4th job or start anything. 100% stuck.
Leveled up to 120 to make sure, nothing.
EXP coupons expiring / wasted.
Can't see any early level new explorer quests, only some of the older ones like mounts and Dark Lords request to get 20 waters from the rabbits.

Steps to reproduce:

Try job advancing pre-existing explorer (in my case 4th job).

Character name:

MarcoThief

Character level:

120~

Character job:

Hermit

World name:

Bera

Date and time of the incident:

June 16th, 2022 6:00pm EST

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• WinWin
    Just to add that this is happening to me as well (except mine is not being able to advance to 2nd job).
  • FiercepaingwinFiercepaingwin
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2022
    I am also stuck... have a 2exp coupon wasting away while I'm trying to progress at 2nd job. I had a Cleric at lvl 5X and I used the Tera Burninator on it. Now I am well beyond the 3rd job level requirement (level 112 as of this post), but it wont allow me to proceed with the advancement quest. Please fix ASAP so I don't have to try and get this thing to 200 as a 2nd job char.
  • ctll1109ctll1109
    Same thing happening to me.

Cannot do 3rd job advancement on old character.

KiddoCT - Mage Ice/Lighting

Is this fixable?
  • StriderTRStriderTR
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2022
    Same issue with me. 4th Job. Bera.

Decided to finally catch my orignal mid-2000's Ice/Lightning mage up to my "modern" characters, so I made him a burning character. Got to 100, no quest, went to 120, nothing. At 128 as of this post and still nothing.

Submitted a ticket. I guess we wait. :)

It does appear skill points are being credited, as indicated by the "+", just no job advancement to actually see and use them.

Edit: My wife is having the same problem on one of her older characters, but with 3rd job.
  • BlannerBlanner
    Just to add,
    happend to me as well. Can't advance to 3th job on f/p mage :-((((
  • ColesEdgeColesEdge
    This is also happening to me with a Page stuck in Job 2 with a 4 hour 2xp ticket going :\
  • RansssRansss
    Reactions: 300
    Me too..
    Just re joined the game after 13 years !! and thats my welcome back stuck at first job with a gray bulb bug.
    what is going on here ? too many unsynced problems.
  • BanjoSpaceManBanjoSpaceMan
    edited June 2022
    Sent a bug ticket to Nexon, they said they would forward it to their teams.

But please can someone from PR or something let us know that this is being looked at and when to expect a fix? We have lost cash shop items and tera burn time due to this, a bit unfair.
  • StriderTRStriderTR
    edited June 2022
    Still no response on my ticket. Glad to see it's being looked at.

I got my character at 173, still nothing. Getting to be a pain being stuck on 3rd job skills. I'm trying to not waste the burning time since I don't know when this will be corrected.

Gritto is holding out on me. =/

Screenshot (ImgBB)

Edit: I got a response on my ticket as well.

The information that you provided has been forwarded to our game team to further investigate. For now, we can only ask for your patience while they investigate and discuss solutions for you and other affected players.

So it's definitely being addressed. :smiley:
  • WinWin
    edited June 2022
    Are you all still stuck unable to job advance after today's patch? I am still stuck.
    edited June 2022
    Yup still stuck post patch - Nexon also closed my ticket I submitted... yet nothing has been resolved. Please give us some updates on this scenario, I currently have a level 137 Bandit...
  • smoochmymoochiesmoochmymoochie
    oh god I came here to see what the problem was because I started a new burning explorer character and now I'm stuck at Maple Island at lv.13 because of this reason :( can't even advance to 1st job to get the hell out of there. glad it's a universal thing... :confounded:
    edited June 2022
    Thursday's Patch has the following:
    Fixed the issue where Explorer Warrior characters that were created prior to v.233 update were unable to complete the 2nd Job Advancement.

Hopefully that is not literally specific to only Warrior 2nd jobs and includes all of our job advancements... but we will find out.
  • StriderTRStriderTR
    edited July 2022
    Update: I was able to advance to 4th job on my Ice/Lightning Mage after the patch. :)