[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wind Archer - Howling Gale - Found cause of bug

TristanZickTristanZick
Reactions: 210
in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Active Skill, Functionality Disabled/Hindered

Bug summary:
Upon this bug getting triggered, Wind Archer's Howling Gale will refuse to gain stacks of Wind Energy and will no longer be usable until removed and/or reequipped. This bug can trigger on any map from what I have tested, and this bug will persist for the entire session until it is manually reset through the V Matrix. There is also a partial disable bug that can happen, but this will not disable the skill completely. Instead, the skill won't activate and will immediately go on cooldown. This partial disable does not persist and the Howling Gale skill will return back to normal after the cooldown ends.

Steps to reproduce:
Completely Disabled
1. Face the edge of the map AND/OR stand on the absolute edge of a floating platform.
2. Press Down + Howling Gale to consume all 2 stacks of Wind Energy.
3. If done right, the skill icon will show 0 stacks and the error message "It cannot be used here." shows up in the chat window.
4. The skill will start charging again, but upon being completely charged, Wind Energy will remain at 0.
5. Skill will no longer be usable until manually reset through the V Matrix.
Partial Disable
1. Face the edge of the map AND/OR stand on the absolute edge of a floating platform.
2. Press Howling Gale (without pressing Down) to consume 1 stack of Wind Energy.
3. If done right, the skill icon will show 0 stacks and the error message "It cannot be used here." shows up in the chat window.
4. The skill will start charging again, but once it's charged, Wind Energy will return to 2.
5. Skill will function normally after this.
BcZero

Comments

• BcZeroBcZero
    Reactions: 600
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2022
    Had same issue when I do my weekly bosses.